Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Re: Too early for MBA [#permalink]
Kudos
Don't take my word for it! To be honest, i'm not sure if the work experience criteria is similar for the different types of MBA (exec, PT) etc. Check out the schools site for statistics for some good information on average years experience etc.

Another good idea for you may be to post your profile in this thread admission-consultants-124/
and have one of the admission consultants have a look at your candidacy for your target schools.

I got some great reviews/feedback and found them very helpful when deciding what to do with my own applications. Just make sure the format of your post includes all of the criteria they like to see. You can find this by looking at past posts.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
For full time top MBA programs, the average age is around 27-28, and the work experience average is around 4-5 years. i'm not sure how it is for part time or evening MBA programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
what programs are you looking into? if you're looking at top-10 schools, you better have some stellar credentials for your age - i.e. ivy, pe internship/started and sold $2M business in college, working in MBB/GS type of person.

PT MBAs usually want you to have more experience, typically 27-28 at enrollment.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Classmates of mine who were on the young side often had brand name work experience and big name undergrads. They usually were the ones who you would see as being on the MBA timeline from the age of 18. Went to a top 10 undergrad, worked at MBB or specialty finance area, then an mba after 2 years. Work experience is much more valuable than many younger applicants realize. Lots of companies have a preference for more mature and experienced workers.

You can take the GMAT, its good for 5 years but I suggest getting at least 2 full years of work experience before applying...and thus having 3 by the time you start. Even then another year or so might be helpful. Honestly most of the resumes I have seen for people with only a few years work experience are lacking, they dont have the leadership stories and aren't nearly as compelling as they would be with another year or two.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot all, it was much helpful :)
GMAT Club Bot