Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools:Ross (Interviewed), McCombs (Interviewed), Marshall (Interviewed), Kellogg (dinged),
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink]
diego77 wrote:
Rob608: Can you post a few details about your on-campus interview? How long was the interview, questions, who interviewed you, and any other relevant info.? Will be really helpful, if you do so. Thanks in advance.

My interview was standard, no oddball questions. Know your story inside and out and you should be fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the input, SuitUp.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
I was wondering what sort of applicant is competitive for scholarships (any links to data on past or current year scholarship offers would be awesome!). I have VERY good numbers (GPA+GMAT) but probably have average experience for applicants to top MBA programs, nothing special. Does Marshall give big scholarships primarily on a numbers basis (like USC undergrad) or are they more holistic in their approach?

Thanks in advance for answers.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
On what basis are Marshall MBA scholarships awarded? I have very high GPA/GMAT, but average work experience. Are scholarships awarded on numbers basis or more holistic evaluation? Thanks in advance for answers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
jorytime wrote:
On what basis are Marshall MBA scholarships awarded? I have very high GPA/GMAT, but average work experience. Are scholarships awarded on numbers basis or more holistic evaluation? Thanks in advance for answers.

From their website: "The Admissions Committee bases fellowship award decisions on a range of criteria, including scholastic merit, leadership, work experience and other characteristics that add value to the academic and social atmosphere of USC Marshall."

Having said that, I think that if your numbers are above their 80% range you stand a good chance to get some $$ thrown at you (if you get accepted).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got an invitation to submit a video interview for MBA.PM Program...email below.

Thank you for your application to the USC Marshall MBA.PM Program. We would like to offer you the opportunity to supplement your application with a video interview. Participation is optional. If you choose to submit a video, please Click Here and follow the instructions. We appreciate your interest in the Marshall MBA.PM Program.

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions

USC Marshall School of Business

I'd not heard of this - anyone else? The link takes you to some MYCOLLEGEi site which doesn't seem affiliated with Marshall or USC - typically MBA.PM applicants are not invited to interview. Is this good or bad? Should I take the time to put something together or just sit in front of a web-cam or skip it altogether?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zencola wrote:
I just got an invitation to submit a video interview for MBA.PM Program...email below.

Thank you for your application to the USC Marshall MBA.PM Program. We would like to offer you the opportunity to supplement your application with a video interview. Participation is optional. If you choose to submit a video, please Click Here and follow the instructions. We appreciate your interest in the Marshall MBA.PM Program.

Sincerely,

MBA Admissions

USC Marshall School of Business

I'd not heard of this - anyone else? The link takes you to some MYCOLLEGEi site which doesn't seem affiliated with Marshall or USC - typically MBA.PM applicants are not invited to interview. Is this good or bad? Should I take the time to put something together or just sit in front of a web-cam or skip it altogether?

I also received that e-mail. USC never stated anything about a potential video interview during the admission process. Also, the e-mail doesn't even specify a due date so it doesn't seem like a important factor for admissions to me. Personally, i think i am going to pass... what are you going to do?

And yes, I'm in for Round 1 MBA.PM.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
@zencola and @noname0: I also received a similar email. I ended up creating an account on mycollege. It looks like the due date for the video is February 1st. Once you login you get some specs on the question they are asking. It's a 4 minute limit on the video.
USC 2011 Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
Schools:USC Marshall $$, BU $$, UCLA
 Q47  V39
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Updated Roll Call.

I am having my interview on Jan 11 on campus, anyone having the interview same day. It would be nice to meet :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those of you who have already interviewed, can someone tell me if the interview is blind (resume only) or has the interviewer reviewed your entire app prior to the interview? Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA (in w/$$), USC (in), Booth (w/l-ding)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
In for round 2!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My ayi dropped my GMAT report into some food and now my score report looks kinda gross. Does Marshall really REQUIRE a scanned version of the GMAT score report? Mine's covered with food smudges.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@greennamek Interviewed today via Skype. The interviewer said she had the whole package but she wasn't the original reviewer adding that she'd follow the marks and notes on the app. So I guess the interview is not resume-only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
toeytap wrote:
@greennamek Interviewed today via Skype. The interviewer said she had the whole package but she wasn't the original reviewer adding that she'd follow the marks and notes on the app. So I guess the interview is not resume-only.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up toeytap!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Fuqua (Accepted), Ross (Dinged), Haas (Dinged), Goizueta (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), USC Marshall (Accepted)
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Just submitted my R2 application.

That's the last of them. Now what am I supposed to do with my evenings and weekends?
USC 2011 Thread Master
 Q47  V39
Send PM
bkwrm24 wrote:
Just submitted my R2 application.

That's the last of them. Now what am I supposed to do with my evenings and weekends?

LOL I hear you!

All the best for all your interviews.
USC 2011 Thread Master
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Updated Roll call.

I have my interview tomorrow and will definitely post details on that.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts