Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
Hey Kitsune,

Is there any way of knowing what questions are put up to the referees?
They are given on the website for the MBA and the MiF programs, but I could not find anything for MIM.
Are they more or less the same?

Thanks!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Someone might have already posted this, but the employment report for the inaugral MiM programme is out and is available here :
https://www.london.edu/assets/documents/ ... _FINAL.pdf

Some very impressive statistics and some very impressive employers. Many congratulations to the MiM class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Master's in Management
Schools:LSE
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Hey I can't seem to find the CV template from LBS. Can someone post the link or attachment please???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
i do not have a Bachelor but an advanced diploma in mass communication, do I qualify for LBSMIM? I need to know so i can continue with my application. thanks.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
topefancy wrote:
hi,
i do not have a Bachelor but an advanced diploma in mass communication, do I qualify for LBSMIM? I need to know so i can continue with my application. thanks.

Email the programme office
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
anujkundarap wrote:
Hey I can't seem to find the CV template from LBS. Can someone post the link or attachment please???

https://www.london.edu/assets/documents/ ... template(1).doc
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Someone might have already posted this, but the employment report for the inaugral MiM programme is out and is available here :
https://www.london.edu/assets/documents/ ... _FINAL.pdf

Some very impressive statistics and some very impressive employers. Many congratulations to the MiM class.

Hopefully we, MiM2011, will do at least as good...

There are already people with offers from Nomura, Societe Generale, Bain, AT Kearney, Accenture... let's see how it goes!
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
m27 wrote:
Hey Kitsune,

Is there any way of knowing what questions are put up to the referees?
They are given on the website for the MBA and the MiF programs, but I could not find anything for MIM.
Are they more or less the same?

Thanks!!

The only way to know is for your referee to tell you. I don't think anyone should tell you even if they knew... (Terms&Conditions stuff...)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: LBS, HEC, ESCP< Harvard, Yale, IESE
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Prospective LBS MiM Applicants can get more authentic information about the program, its prospects and student experiences on

mymimapp [dot] com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guyz ,
m planin to give my gmat .. as i recently gt to know abt the course .. wat sort of profile is required to gt in
also will i be able to make it before the deadline ..
i hav decent curicullum with a ''process patent'' in my name does help me go any close (patent thing) ..
please guide me frenz ..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Brand Management, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Fuqua, LBS
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know what they think of my profile for the MIM. Im currently 20 and in a top 30 undergrad US business program. My GPA is a 3.7 but im in the honors college and graduate in a total of 3 years. Im in a few groups and have some interesting hobbies but i recently took the GMATs and totally bombed the math section giving me a 660 overall which made me pretty nervous. What do you think? Does anyone know how heavily they will weight the GMAT? Do i still have a chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
There is immense info on this site, thanks for all who shared.

I got some questions about LBS and a slight detour to match it w an other school.

1) Can a current student at LBS be the alumni recommender?

2) Would a 600-650 GMAT range be put on the bottom of the app pile? I havent taken it, but according to GRE scores I dont see myself ripping 700+ in a month of prep until the February round..

3) I got into LSE's MiM 2yr program last yr which I deferred.. 2 yrs is too long, i will grow old before i finish it.. However, anyone has any takes on the LBS MiM-LSE MiM comparison?

4) The main question: Duke MMS vs LBS MiM?? These two seem the cream of the MiM degrees, and Duke is present now in many locations. However, what is Durham, NC???

THANK YOU
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The deadline for the second admission stage was only yesterday, and I barely made it in time. Have a lot of folks here handed in yours for the second round?

Could anyone shed some light on the weight of various application sections? i.e. undergraduate grade, work/internship experience, quality of essay, gmat score, impression at interviews (should one get through to the interview stage)

And to those Chinese applicants, have a wonderful Year of Rabbit ^@^
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hslee wrote:
The deadline for the second admission stage was only yesterday, and I barely made it in time. Have a lot of folks here handed in yours for the second round?

Could anyone shed some light on the weight of various application sections? i.e. undergraduate grade, work/internship experience, quality of essay, gmat score, impression at interviews (should one get through to the interview stage)

And to those Chinese applicants, have a wonderful Year of Rabbit ^@^

Hey hslee,

I also just barely managed to submit my application in r2.
Not very sure about the weight given to the sections. But from what can be figured out from the previous posts,
I think its basically the entire profile. Essays seem to be quite important whereas GMAT marks above a certain point don't seem to matter much. It is basically a qualifying exam I guess.

good luck to you and all fellow r2 applicants :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I just realized that the year of internship that I have written on my CV is incorrect. Even though the one I have mentioned on the online app form is correct.
Should I mail them the corrected one now? Is it likely to interfere with the interview decision which is due out tomorrow?
I have no idea how I could make such a mistake! :(
Please advise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys! I am currently doing my applications for MiMs and I am applying at LSE, LBS, Imperial, City, HEC and ESSEC for 2011.

Here is my profile:
20 - F - French
Undergrad: University of Reading, Management and Business Administration: probably good 2:1 maybe first
GMAT: 710
Not EXTENSIVE extracurricular activities but good.
2 small internships of a little less than two months

How does my profile fit the schools I have applied for?

Also, could you tell me which way to go with those 2 questions about essays. What they are looking for excatly. I have researched information on websites but I would like your advice too guys.

Question 4 (400 words)
Student involvement is an extremely important part of the Masters in Management experience and this is reflected in the character of all London Business School students on campus. How do you see yourself playing a larger part in the life of the School and the Masters in Management student community during your studies?

Question 5 (300 words)
What will be your biggest contribution to the Masters in Management?

Thank you very much for your help and for the very useful topic!

Good luck to you all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Send PM
gagou143 wrote:
Hi guys! I am currently doing my applications for MiMs and I am applying at LSE, LBS, Imperial, City, HEC and ESSEC for 2011.

Here is my profile:
20 - F - French
Undergrad: University of Reading, Management and Business Administration: probably good 2:1 maybe first
GMAT: 710
Not EXTENSIVE extracurricular activities but good.
2 small internships of a little less than two months

How does my profile fit the schools I have applied for?

Also, could you tell me which way to go with those 2 questions about essays. What they are looking for excatly. I have researched information on websites but I would like your advice too guys.

Question 4 (400 words)
Student involvement is an extremely important part of the Masters in Management experience and this is reflected in the character of all London Business School students on campus. How do you see yourself playing a larger part in the life of the School and the Masters in Management student community during your studies?

Question 5 (300 words)
What will be your biggest contribution to the Masters in Management?

Thank you very much for your help and for the very useful topic!

Good luck to you all

Hey gagou143,

You seem to have a really good profile. Given your high GMAT score >700 you should qualify for an interview at most institutions given that you can demonstrate in the essays that you among others have potential, drive and ambitions.

It is hard to tell what adcom look for in the essays, as they try to build classes with many different competences and usually with a high degree of diversity. Hence, you should focus on your USP – what makes you unique? You have to bear in mind that many of the other applicants in the pool have just as impressive resumes and grade transcripts as you…but you are undoubtedly different from one another.

There are some pretty good advice to gain through some posts on this forum and the like.

Again, admission is somewhat of a science hehe… 

Cheers and good luck,

MRHDK1
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts