Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Booth R1, Tuck, Ross
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2013 [#permalink]
It's a shame you can't make it - we'll have to meet up in September instead!

If people are interested, then I was thinking about collecting a list of admit weekend questions to try and help out those admits that can't attend in person...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who has been admitted, especially fellow GMAT clubbers! I plan to attend the 1st Admit Weekend so look forward to meeting you all.

mjb, that's a great idea re: collecting questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Congrats on getting accepted to Booth, everyone!! I will be attending Admit Weekend. Have you folks joined the Facebook group / Google group for the class of 2013?

I guess the next step is to look at financing (for those of us without $$ from the school :)). I've been spending time reading through this thread and looking at private loan options. What about you folks?

Has everyone here decided on Booth, or are you guys waiting to hear from other schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all...congrats once again on getting through A Business Force :)

Rid: Great initiative to start a separate thread! I also will be unable to attend the admit weekend in Feb, so am thinking of going for the R2 one. I hope Booth will allow me to attend that?

Apart from arranging the financing, what is everybody planning to do till Sep? (apart from chilling, of course :-D )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
congrats!

I will work till May 30, then travel around Asia a month or so, then go to Spain to visit family and friends, and finally go to the US beginning or mid August to travel a bit (family coming) before starting the MBA (that will be probably at Booth).

Will any of you attend the pre-accounting course or the English one?
Current Student
Send PM
I'm considering pre-accounting (I come from an engineering background), but I've heard mixed things about the course and the overlap with Financial Accounting. If it was considered as sufficient to waive out of basic financial accounting then I might be more interested...
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
mjb wrote:
I'm considering pre-accounting (I come from an engineering background), but I've heard mixed things about the course and the overlap with Financial Accounting. If it was considered as sufficient to waive out of basic financial accounting then I might be more interested...

mjb, with the flex curriculum, my understanding is that you can take a more advanced Accounting course, if you wish.
See this page for alternatives. Got to love Chicago Booth for this feature!!

I'm planning on looking through Business Statistics before I arrive so I can take a different class: "Applied Regression Analysis" or perhaps "Statistical Insight into Marketing, Consulting & Entrepreneurship".
Current Student
Send PM
My issue is that I don't have any real finance or accounting experience, so when I said "considered sufficient" I meant more to prepare me for the more advanced finance courses than to meet any particular requirement. :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Booth Students
January 13, 2011
11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST

Curious about what life at Chicago Booth is really like? Join us for a live chat with current students on January 13 to learn more about our community. Ask about student activities, classes, campus life, recruiting, the city of Chicago, and more.
Live Chat with

it may be interesting, though it is too late for Asia-Pac, we'll need the transcripts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone been contacted by current students / any alums for answering the plethora of questions that we all, am sure, have and would have with respect to joining/housing/etc.?

A current student as well as a CWIBAN member contacted me - and it was fabulous talking to both :) Must say am highly impressed by the initiative Booth is taking to make this process as smooth as possible!
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
Mandy4983 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by current students / any alums for answering the plethora of questions that we all, am sure, have and would have with respect to joining/housing/etc.?

A current student as well as a CWIBAN member contacted me - and it was fabulous talking to both :) Must say am highly impressed by the initiative Booth is taking to make this process as smooth as possible!

Thanks for bringing this up, Mandy. A current student emailed me on a weekday morning several days ago. He made time to speak with me that very afternoon when I said I had some questions I wanted to run by him. I'm *very* impressed by Booth reaching out in such a way to its admits. I don't know for sure whether this is done by other schools as well. Anybody know?

Although I'm still waiting for closure from other schools, I must say I'm slowly but surely falling in love with Chicago Booth! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wiredo wrote:
Mandy4983 wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up, Mandy. A current student emailed me on a weekday morning several days ago. He made time to speak with me that very afternoon when I said I had some questions I wanted to run by him. I'm *very* impressed by Booth reaching out in such a way to its admits. I don't know for sure whether this is done by other schools as well. Anybody know?

Although I'm still waiting for closure from other schools, I must say I'm slowly but surely falling in love with Chicago Booth! :-D

Totally second your view Wiredo! Small, but significant steps :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
does anyone know the date of the second Admit Weekend this year?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Mandy4983 wrote:
wiredo wrote:
Mandy4983 wrote:

Totally second your view Wiredo! Small, but significant steps :)

Same here--current student calling to check in. Interesting that Booth had a current student call me, while Kellogg asked an alum to call me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Mgmt, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth (Admit R1), Sloan (Ding R1), Tuck (R1)
 Q48  V38
Send PM
rid82 wrote:
does anyone know the date of the second Admit Weekend this year?

Hey rid82: It's on April 8-9
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I was accepted to both Ross and Booth with the same $$. I'm planning on focusing on marketing and brand management. In your opinion, which school is better for marketing? Are they equal? I'm really torn between the two, so I'd love to hear your opinions.
Manager
Manager
 Q51  V44
Send PM
lizzyum wrote:
I was accepted to both Ross and Booth with the same $$. I'm planning on focusing on marketing and brand management. In your opinion, which school is better for marketing? Are they equal? I'm really torn between the two, so I'd love to hear your opinions.

First off, congrats on the two offers!! This is a great situation to be in.

As the playing field has been leveled with equal scholarship $$, I personally would go with Booth to cater the curriculum to my needs and to matriculate at a more highly regarded program. Now, if Ross had offered $$ and Booth hadn't, that might've been a harder decision - if I were in your shoes, that is. That said, I recognize that Ross probably offers more marketing courses than does Booth. If you already know what courses you need in Marketing, and find that Booth doesn't offer them while Ross does, your decision just got easier.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts