Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
RFMBA2 wrote:
Not to freak people out or propose a possible method to the process but it seems like decisions come out roughly 2 weeks apart (12/20 and 1/5, with a few holidays included). So, by that estimate, perhaps there will be some action this week. Or I could be doing the standard "reading too much into it" which we do all the time on this forum!

Any R1 Indian applicants who've got interview invite?
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
money9111 wrote:
i applied on the 5th (through consortium) and I haven't received anything yet, but not sure if I will

What does applying through consortium mean? and the diversity interview?

Can anyone explain?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
gmeyer85 wrote:
money9111 wrote:
i applied on the 5th (through consortium) and I haven't received anything yet, but not sure if I will

What does applying through consortium mean? and the diversity interview?

Can anyone explain?

https://www.cgsm.org
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RFMBA2 wrote:
Not to freak people out or propose a possible method to the process but it seems like decisions come out roughly 2 weeks apart (12/20 and 1/5, with a few holidays included). So, by that estimate, perhaps there will be some action this week. Or I could be doing the standard "reading too much into it" which we do all the time on this forum!

I hope so. Based on last year's posts, I guess we should hear around this week. There were many dings around two weeks before initial notification period though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mba100 wrote:
RFMBA2 wrote:

Any R1 Indian applicants who've got interview invite?

There were a few if you check previous posts.

I am wondering how the Europeans, Chinese and Koreans are faring though. Invites and admits. Any of those active in their local forums, care to shed some light? I remember a post two weeks ago or so that said Chinese have started getting invites.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:NYU Stern - Class of 2013
 Q48  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit / international development (4 years)
WE 2: Consulting internship - MBB
Send PM
Bit late to mention it but... in for R2.

Have put myself in the spreadsheet - I think.

Good luck all! Hope you managed to navigate Essay 3 ok... that was not easy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Josiebella, Princessneha and RFMBA2,

could you kindly give us some insight as to the kinds of probing and detailed questions
you were asked during the interview?

Josiebella: You mentioned they reviewed your application, could you offer some advice please? My interview is coming up in two weeks.

Princessneha: What off tangent type of questions threw you off?

RFMBA2: what type of industry specific questions were you asked?

If you have interviewed at Stern, please chime in with whatever information you believe will be helpful to the rest of us as well. I know we will have different interview experiences, however, additional information will be very much appreciated
:-D.

Thank you all in advance.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
simple1234 wrote:

could you kindly give us some insight as to the kinds of probing and detailed questions

Josiebella: You mentioned they reviewed your application, could you offer some advice please? My interview is coming up in two weeks.

If you have interviewed at Stern, please chime in with whatever information you believe will be helpful to the rest of us as well. I know we will have different interview experiences, however, additional information will be very much appreciated

I guess I can take a stab at answering your question to me as well as the other ones:

"You mentioned they reviewed your application, could you offer some advice please? My interview is coming up in two weeks."

This one, josie correct me if I am wrong, is just saying that as opposed to all of the other interviews, they know your story that you gave them. While in theory you should know your story (and it should be true), just read through your essays so that you know what you told them. Wouldn't it be silly if you told them you wanted to be an investment banker and then when they asked you a question you talked about how badly you wanted to get into marketing?

"What off tangent type of questions threw you off?"

This one too, goes back to the first question. The tangent type questions seem to throw you off because you are not expecting them. For instance, my tangent question(s), without giving too much away, really got into unique aspects of my extracurricular in college and after. Not questions like, "tell me when you were a leader at X" but questions really asking about YOUR experiences and possibly something that has nothing to do with your actions, but maybe your opinions on something. Sorry if that one doesn't make as much sense as it's a little more difficult to explain it without giving exact specifics.

"What type of industry specific questions were you asked?"

This one was kinda fun. They asked about possible projects I would want to work on in my field of choice, or different companies that I'd want to have as clients, etc. This one basically is probing into your Essay 1. If you know your Essay 1, you can answer this question.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Columbia (admitted), NYU (interviewed), Kellogg (interviewed), Duke (applied)
Send PM
Sure thing.

Most of my experience has been with one company, and aside from that I've had a few internships during college. She focused heavily on those internships and the non-profits listed on my resume where I volunteer. I was a little thrown off, as my internships were so long it ago I didn't have immediate leadership examples from those experiences. She also asked what my job seeking strategy was out of school 5 yrs ago and follow up q's on that.

I think for me, she knew that I could ace any q about my current experience so she wanted to focus on the unexpected to throw my game off, which to an extent worked :( Just know your ENTIRE resume, even the smallest things on there and be prepped to speak in detail about it all.

simple1234 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Great,

this is definitely very helpful. Thank you both so so much!
it sounds like they dig deep, and we have to remember everything about our application.

Phew.

princessneha wrote:
Sure thing.

Most of my experience has been with one company, and aside from that I've had a few internships during college. She focused heavily on those internships and the non-profits listed on my resume where I volunteer. I was a little thrown off, as my internships were so long it ago I didn't have immediate leadership examples from those experiences. She also asked what my job seeking strategy was out of school 5 yrs ago and follow up q's on that.

I think for me, she knew that I could ace any q about my current experience so she wanted to focus on the unexpected to throw my game off, which to an extent worked :( Just know your ENTIRE resume, even the smallest things on there and be prepped to speak in detail about it all.

simple1234 wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
simple - similar to what the others have said, my biggest piece of advice is to know your application thoroughly. they could really ask anything based on the material you submitted. So i would review everything, your ECs, your internships, your essay #3. my expeirence was very good, and not stressful. I wasn't even asked any stock questions like "Why MBA" or "Why Stern" because I figured they probably already know the answers to those. My interviewer asked me what companies I would like to work for, how I would look for a summer internship, and what clubs I would join. Just prep and you'll be fine. It lasted about 30 min for me. Good Luck.

simple1234 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:NYU Stern
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.5+
WE 1: Financial Services
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats Jon! $$$$$ is goooood.

Andoverjon wrote:
mbalady2010 wrote:
Has any admitted student received a scholarship from Stern?

Finally got my package in the mail from Stern yesterday, 10 days after getting the e-mail. However, they put a partial scholarship offer in there so I am more than happy to wait for that!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
The wait to hear back is slowly pissing me off . .. ;P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
 Q44  V50
GPA: 3.06
WE 1: 2yrs Financial Modeling
WE 2: 3yrs Investment Management
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
The wait to hear back is slowly pissing me off . .. ;P

I hear ya :)
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategic Management and Finance
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Send PM
i have to wait forever to interview since im in the army, got my invite 1/5, couldnt get permission from my commander until 1/31...i hear back from MIT that weekend, if dinged, i will be highly motivated

so your wait is ok hah
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got a status update email today. Followed the links, and it was a flat-out rejection with the standard fare. Submitted the day of the deadline, so my mind had begun to wander away from NYU by now. Nevertheless, it's still frustrating.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Watakshino wrote:
I got a status update email today. Followed the links, and it was a flat-out rejection with the standard fare. Submitted the day of the deadline, so my mind had begun to wander away from NYU by now. Nevertheless, it's still frustrating.

Not that anyone would or should expect you to continue following the thread, but...R1 I assume?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  51   52   53   54   55  ...  110   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts