Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Re: Wake Forest or Rutgers? [#permalink]
msaccountancy wrote:
Wake Forest and Rutgers are both well-known schools, so academic is not an issue here. Structure of classes doesn't matter in that the end goal is for you to pass the CPA exam. Both of these schools are strong academically and you shouldn't have a problem here.

Forget the ranking, it is worthless. There are two things to consider, where do you want to work after you graduate and what is the cost of attendance?

You don't want to live with your parents right now, but do you want to stay close to home after you graduated and find a job? If yes, go to Rutgers. If no, go to Wake. Even if you live at home when you're going to Rutgers, it'll be only for one year. I hope that you'll move out once you find a job even if it's near your home.

From what I've read, even with huge money from Wake, it'll still be more expensive than Rutgers, right? Go to Rutgers.

You think Wake Forest have a bigger national reach than Rutgers? On what planet? Wake mainly place in North Carolina, with a few make it as far as Atlanta and DC.

Thanks for your help!
Wow..I thought Wake was decent for NY/NJ. Since that's not the case, that's a really big negative for Wake.
I plan to stay in the NYC metro area and if I don't work in the city-somewhere in Northern New Jersey.
I know Rutgers definitely is a strong place for NYC! I know of some CPAs who work in Big 4 firms there with UG degrees or Masters degrees from Rutgers.
Once I'm working at a full-time job with an income, I'll definitely not be living at home at that point..parents won't care since they'd consider myself "completely able to support myself" by then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Masters in Accounting
Schools:UT, Wake Forest
Send PM
Just signed up to this site today. I was accepted into Wake Forest's MSA program and UT's MPA program. I too received a very quick reply from Wake Forest - in under a week - and was offered a $2500 scholarship per semester. I want to live in Austin but feel Wake Forest's program is better - better professors thus I will learn much more. I could be wrong. Can anyone provide me with information on these on what program has better instruction? Wake Forest has the nation's top first-time CPA test taking pass rate but UT is ranked #1. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Accounting
 Q47  V50
Send PM
Wake sends people outside of NC/the South/the East Coast all the time. Most people end up in cities close to home and people come from all over. In my class, people went to CA, NYC, CT, PA, NJ, DC, TX, CO, FL and of course a handful go to NC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Masters of Accounting
Schools:UT, USC, GWU, BC, WFU, UGA
 Q47  V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I finally decided that Im taking my talents to Wake Forest next year? Any one else joining me?
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Ended up picking Rutgers over WFU.
Both schools are great too! But I was particularly impressed with Rutgers when I visited a few weeks ago.
Newark didn't exactly excite me but I like the program's structure-especially as someone with little accounting experience..and finally, its proximity to NYC is only an advantage.
Also, actually did the commute from home to Rutgers-it's admittedly not a bad commute at all, especially by train.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey Beaverdam

Congrats on getting into the RBS Prof Accting MBA Program. I had read your post and was looking into some schools which would help qualify candidates for the CPA exams and eligiility. Fortunately this program fits the requirements. I got accepted as well and am still to visit the campus. Although living in NJ, I have never been to the Newark campus. New Brunswick campus is great but still have to amke an opinion on the Newark campus.

Any idea on the courses this semester or do you think the same would be put out on the May 31 orientation day?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts