Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Re: Asian Institute of Management - Manila, Admits 2011 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi MattHar,

AIM is located in arguably the priciest district on the whole of the Philippines (Ayala Center, Makati City). That comes with advantages as well, of course. You're located within walking distance of almost all the offices of multi-nationals, and this is the financial heart of the Philippines. Disadvantage is that it's a good deal more expensive than the rest of the Philippines. That said, depending on your point-of-reference, it's not too expensive. Indicative figures below.

US$ - Philippine Peso Rate is $1.00 - 46.00

A meal bought at street food stations, where you eat standing, street-side is about Pesos 40-70.
A Mcdonald's Quarter Pounder meal is P130.00
A bottle of Coca Cola is P12.00
A decent, cheap enough sit-down restaurant in this area is about P150.00 - 250.00
A starbucks Latte is around P130.00
A kilo of rice, uncooked is P50.00, a cup of rice, cooked is around P10.00
Price of a movie at the closes cinema is P170.00

Rental where I live (brand new building, high end), P60,000 minimum for a 1BR unit.
Rental at smaller, older places about P30,000.00 - 50,000.00, walking distance from AIM.
Room boarding rate at house located in a village, 15 mins walk from AIM around P15,000 - 25,000. You may be able to get some for P10,000 if you're lucky.
Room rate at a place, 1 or 2 rides away, P12,000 - 30,000.00

Hope these help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone knows the cost of the MBA program at AIM in Makati??

I am a foreigner living in Mandaluyong and could take the advantage of doing my MBA while i live here. However in Europe there are programs for 36000€ that are very highly rated and it is only 1 year program (one needs to count this time on the opportunity costs)

Greetings
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
I think a friend of mine is doing the part-time MBA there. I might be able to get answers to specific questions from her.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
wouldn't it be on the webpage?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I could not find anything on prices... and even for forms etc they ask you to submit personal info!
In Europe we consider that for info we should no need to submit personal info. AIM may indeed even be turning away potential candidates because of it, AIM should be sensitive to other nationals customs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Regarding the cost of an MBA and MM, please check below the answer of AIM Associate Dean Ricardo Lim.

How much does the MBA and MM cost including all expenses?

We estimate MBA, total tuition, fees, dorm, and extra living expenses should come to about $ 36,000 for the 16 months. This allows for air travel and entertainment. The MM program of 11 months will cost a total of about $ 30,000.

Hopefully, the rate is still the same for 2011. But I am pretty sure is because they haven't announced any changes yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys!!!

I am pondering between this, or another in Barcelona (some $55000) but much more prestigious one... oh well, i have till February to decide
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneuship- Sustainable Manufacturing
Schools:Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
 Q43  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q45  V41
GPA: 2.1
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Send PM
I do not have good things to say about AIM.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Asian Institute of Management - Application queries :help2 [#permalink]
Hi guys.. am kinda struggling hard to meet the application deadline :help2 ... plz find my queries below.

1. I have my GMAT scheduled in december 2010. Since the last date for AIM application is november 2010, is it possible that I can attest my gmat score in december to my November application?-- (( to avoid AIM exam ))

2. How long does it take for the application package to reach Philippines head office?

3. In the application form its mentioned that "Attach certified copies of full academic transcript of records, and keys to the grading system used.".....Does this mean I have to get all my xerox mark sheets stamped and sealed from my college(am doomed :cry: if yes)????

4. Do the reco letters go along with the whole application(same package)??

5. And finally what chances do I have to get into AIM :stupid (my profile..first class in graduation,3 years work exp, 640+ gmat(expected:))...

Thanks in advance.
venkat
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm currently a student here in MBA. So far, the AIM has been a blast. Our class is quite diverse-- We have classmates from Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Spain, USA, China, Korea, India, and Vietnam. After a few weeks worth of adjusting to the AIM lifestyle, I'd say it has been a great training ground-- especially since we use the case method. In terms of lifestyle, the location of AIM is quite a strategic one since it is in Makati. Big malls are just right across the school, so we have easy access to food, and entertainment. The cost of living here is very affordable as compared to Singapore or Hong Kong, slightly cheaper than India.

In terms of your query @venkatzircon

What is your GMAT score? 1. I have my GMAT scheduled in december 2010. Since the last date for AIM application is november 2010, is it possible that I can attest my gmat score in december to my November application?-- (( to avoid AIM exam ))
- it is possible.

For your convenience, you can pass your requirements to the AIM representative office. they have speedy delivery of the requirements. Once the Phil head office has it, they will immediately contact you.

When I passed my requirements once I have been informed that I passed the AIM exam, The head office contacted me within the week that they have received it.

I hope you guys would join us :) See you soon, I hope. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,

I have submitted my application to AIM India rep office along with essays and other required documents.
Can anybody tell me when the results will out as I had given AIM exam too? :?

@10531416 - plz share ur experience.

Thanks in advance.
dk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When have you passed the requirements? I heard that in India, the AIM representative office responses quickly once the results are out. Usually results arrive in a week.

I had a speedy response when I turned in my requirements. I hope you guys do well.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for GD/ PI round for AIM Manila, Philippines. It would be glad if some one could give some insider and real information about questions mentioned below.

1) How's GD/PI process of AIM? Do they focus on case studies or which kind of topics in GD? Any specific kind of questions do they focus in PI?
2) How's the placements in AIM in last couple of years
3) Where you would like to rate AIM Vs top Indian B-schools (ISB, IIM's, IMT Ghz, MDI Ggn etc.)
4) What's the typical batch profile who join AIM - in terms of their past experience, educational background and interested specialization
5) Any other key positive and negative things about AIM to take into consideration

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
:help2 :help2 :help2 :help2

Having my interview scheduled on 9th, here I am with the most naive questions :snipersmile: ;)

1. We haven't mentioned our choice of specialization anywhere. At what point do we let AIM know that it is Finance or marketing we are interested in. Else, is the PI going to be a generalized one and "We get to choose our own electives with out any restrictions". :stupid :stupid
2. GD: On high level, what are the topics discussed in GD? Few examples plz, team size, discussion time and the format of the GD.
3. Does everyone get a chance to speak after the actual discussion :musband ? (format of GD)
4. Average duration of PI. SAMPLE QUESTIONS.

And finally,
5. How long is the painful waiting period for results. :done

I'm in deep dilemma on what to expect in the interview. just dont want to get surprised by anything there.
Any inputs related to the above are highly appreciated(speaking for many here) :writer

Thanks in advance ,
venkat
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys...i have got an offer for the MBA program in AIMS Manila. Jus wnated to check about placements standards in AIMS.
Can any body tell me regadring the avg packages offered to graduates passing out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys can some one help me out really fast here....
No doubts about Aim's teaching its one of the best...
The only concern I have is what is the approximate salary package obtained by an AIM graduate...
It will be very helpful if someone could answer this fast since i have 2 days left for payment of the admit fees.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
10531416 wrote:
I'm currently a student here in MBA. So far, the AIM has been a blast. Our class is quite diverse-- We have classmates from Ghana, Saudi Arabia, Spain, USA, China, Korea, India, and Vietnam. After a few weeks worth of adjusting to the AIM lifestyle, I'd say it has been a great training ground-- especially since we use the case method. In terms of lifestyle, the location of AIM is quite a strategic one since it is in Makati. Big malls are just right across the school, so we have easy access to food, and entertainment. The cost of living here is very affordable as compared to Singapore or Hong Kong, slightly cheaper than India.

In terms of your query @venkatzircon

What is your GMAT score? 1. I have my GMAT scheduled in december 2010. Since the last date for AIM application is november 2010, is it possible that I can attest my gmat score in december to my November application?-- (( to avoid AIM exam ))
- it is possible.

For your convenience, you can pass your requirements to the AIM representative office. they have speedy delivery of the requirements. Once the Phil head office has it, they will immediately contact you.

When I passed my requirements once I have been informed that I passed the AIM exam, The head office contacted me within the week that they have received it.

I hope you guys would join us :) See you soon, I hope. :-D

Hey can u help me out really fast here....
No doubts about Aim's teaching its one of the best...
The only concern I have is what is the approximate salary package obtained by an AIM graduate...
It will be very helpful if someone could answer this fast since i have 2 days left for payment of the admit fees.
GMAT Club Bot