Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Schools:Michigan Ross, Johnson, Tuck
 Q45  V46 GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V42
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: Attorney
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
mfa066 wrote:
Been int/complete since 1/27 .... the waiting is too much. If I don't hear anything today, I am going to withdraw and pursue the Jack Welch online MBA; it looks like a solid program...

Haha, I like how on various threads people are starting to resort to humor!

Last week I had a call from Hult, they want to schedule an appointment with their admissions director for me... maybe I should call back!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Schools:Yale - Current MBA Student
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
If accepted, I'm going to make them wait until the minute before the deadline to let them know my decision whether or not I plan to attend.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@sweatshirt - Hahahaha! I love you man
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Kellogg, HBS (Int), Sloan, CBS (Int)
 Q45  V47
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
sweatshirt wrote:
If accepted, I'm going to make them wait until the minute before the deadline to let them know my decision whether or not I plan to attend.

Well played. I'm on board.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
mfa066 wrote:
Been int/complete since 1/27 .... the waiting is too much. If I don't hear anything today, I am going to withdraw and pursue the Jack Welch online MBA; it looks like a solid program...

Looool, you're hilarious!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
I'm a little offended, I submitted my real app for that online MBA a month ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum - I have a question for Indian applicants, did anyone get a Toefl waiver from Columbia?

I did
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Kudos
i was totally kidding btw.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Joint JD/MBA
Schools:Columbia University
Send PM
Had my interview three days ago, really hoping as I'd love to join all of you who have been admitted! Does anyone know the overall admissions rate for people who make it to the interview round? I hope it went okay, but I'm really nervous!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
i hope we will see some movement this week for those of us that went under review around 1/21!
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V47
Send PM
kraynro wrote:
i hope we will see some movement this week for those of us that went under review around 1/21!

Seriously. It's about that time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Not trying to be discouraging, but there seems to be a pretty low acceptance rate in RD when compared with ED applicants. I had my interview 3 weeks ago and it went really well. My interviewer had even stated that he thought I was a very good fit for the program and that he would be giving me very favorable feedback to the adcom. My interview went complete about 3 weeks ago and I got the ding last week. As for my stats, I had a 3.45 GPA from a top public University in computer science, 730 GMAT, 5 years consulting and decent extracurriculars. I have also noticed a lot more dings coming after interviews lately on this forum as compared to the ED period.

Would like to hear other what other think on the acceptance percentage for RD applicants.
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V47
Send PM
ucbruin wrote:
Not trying to be discouraging, but there seems to be a pretty low acceptance rate in RD when compared with ED applicants. I had my interview 3 weeks ago and it went really well. My interviewer had even stated that he thought I was a very good fit for the program and that he would be giving me very favorable feedback to the adcom. My interview went complete about 3 weeks ago and I got the ding last week. As for my stats, I had a 3.45 GPA from a top public University in computer science, 730 GMAT, 5 years consulting and decent extracurriculars. I have also noticed a lot more dings coming after interviews lately on this forum as compared to the ED period.

Would like to hear other what other think on the acceptance percentage for RD applicants.

Definitely think you're right about a lower RD acceptance rate, but I think I've seen 1 interview invite on this board for those that went under review on 1/21 (the large majority of fellowship deadliners). Granted, we're a small sample, but GC also represents a pretty talented subset.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ucbruin wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that your other applications work out better. At least you got good feedback from your interviewer so you know you did everything you could. Mine was really tough to read, so I have no idea how it's going to work out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Thanks NY. I wish you luck as well. Do you happen to have a unique profile... ie not banking or not consulting or are you a minority? That may be the ticket to getting an admit in the RD round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
ucbruin wrote:

Sorry to hear that as well. I imagine that the ED round definitely has reduced the acceptance rate for the RD round. It would make a lot of sense. Additionally, anyone applying in the ED round will have an almost 100% yield, so I would think that is very attractive to Admissions.

There have been some admits on the board in the last couple weeks, but I agree that everything has slowed down recently. Since CBS is rolling, I don't know if it's fair to assume the slow down means more dings. As someone pointed out, once they make a decision, you'll hear about it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ucbruin wrote:
Thanks NY. I wish you luck as well. Do you happen to have a unique profile... ie not banking or not consulting or are you a minority? That may be the ticket to getting an admit in the RD round.

Yeah I have a strange background, nonprofit work for a few years and now I am getting my law degree at Columbia, so maybe that will help a little. I really don't know what they are looking for, I just tried my best and if I'm lucky that will be enough. Thanks for the good wishes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  165   166   167   168   169  ...  198