Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V35
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Wisconsin, Carlson, McCombs, Ross, Stern
 Q37  V35 GMAT 2: 690  Q44  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wisconsin MBA Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
vibsatwork wrote:
Hi Abushey31

First of all Congrats on your admission to Wisconsin's ASAP programme.
I have applied for the CFIB programme and am eagerly waiting for any updates or interview call from their side.
My application was completed on 3rd Feb 2011. Can you plz tell me, approx how many days after you application's complete status did you receive an interview call?
Also, can you share your profile?

I interviewed at the Prospective Preview Day in November, so I can't say when you would find out now.

1) Basic demographic info: 24, M, American

2) Educational Background: undergrad major, GPA, GMAT score, any grad work you've done

* BBA in Finance from Big Ten School
* GPA: 3.2
* GMAT 690 (44Q, 41V, 5.5 AWA)
* CFA Level III Candidate

3) Work experience: what is your current role? Have you had any promotions? What industry do you work in? For how long have you worked?

* Current Role: Financial Analyst at blue chip technology company, 2.5 yrs experience

4) Extracurriculars: do you participate in any extra-curricular activities? What is your role there? For how long have you been involved?

* President of local alumni club chapter (~100 active members) for my undergrad school
- Chair monthly board meetings
- Scholarship contact for local schools
- Oversee volunteer events for local charities

5) Short/Long term goals: what do you want to do after your MBA? Any geographic preferences?

* Short term: Equity Research analyst
* Long term: Portfolio manager
* No real geographic preferences
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Thanks for the valuable inputs abhushey31.
Has anyone applied in R2 for the fall of 2011 admission?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Decided to accept the offer from Wisconsin :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AIESEC
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Financial Management Consulting
Schools:Carlson School of Management (Admitted with $$$); Claremont McKenna College MSF (Admitted with $$$); Olin Business School (R2); Wisconsin School of Business R3); University of Notre Dame (R5)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: 2.5 Years in Management Consulting with a Big 4 Auditing Firm by matriculation
Send PM
I submitted my application for the 2nd round assessment and haven't heard from the Adcom yet :( Could anyone of you who has interviewed please share your experience? (types of questions, how long the interview took, etc.)
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Hi quann 11287

I also applied in R2 and still haven't heard from them.
Can you plz share your profile with us?

@Abhushey11 - Congrats Buddy!! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools:Carlson School of Management (Admitted with $$$); Claremont McKenna College MSF (Admitted with $$$); Olin Business School (R2); Wisconsin School of Business R3); University of Notre Dame (R5)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: 2.5 Years in Management Consulting with a Big 4 Auditing Firm by matriculation
Send PM
vibsatwork wrote:
Hi quann 11287

I also applied in R2 and still haven't heard from them.
Can you plz share your profile with us?

@Abhushey11 - Congrats Buddy!! :)

I applied for the Corporate Finance & Investment Banking specialization. My profile:

GMAT: 750
Work exp: 2.5 years in management consulting with a big 4 audit firm
GPA: 7.89/10
EC: Very good .

What about yours? What specialization did you apply for? Btw, do you guys know how the standing of Wisconsin is outside the states (say, in South East Asia)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anybody here apply for the real estate specialization for R2?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Has anyone(who applied in R2 for wisconsin mba) received the interview call or any updates? Please share..The round ends on March 15 and still no trace of call for loads of people... :shock: :(
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
vibsatwork wrote:
Has anyone(who applied in R2 for wisconsin mba) received the interview call or any updates? Please share..The round ends on March 15 and still no trace of call for loads of people... :shock: :(

I am quite concerned about the delayed response from Wisconsin, too. I applied for the Corporate Finance & Investment Banking specialization in round 2 and haven't heard from the adcom ever since, either. The 2nd round deadline is nearing and it seems there aren't many people who have received the interview invites :( Is there any chance that they got enough students in the 1st round?

Another thing is this thread has been quite inactive. It seems the number of applicants to Wisconsin this fall has decreased?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Yaa.. I also tried to find other wisconsin applicants on various other forums, but no luck... That was precisely the reason I started this thread..
As far as I knw, of all the ppl (applying for wisconsin R2, with whom I have interacted), none has received any updates.. Lets just hope that R2 has some seats to offer!!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
The wait is getting really annoying. It seems the GMAT doesn't matter that much to Wisconsin, and judging from student profiles of previous years, the school appears to very much prefer local students :(

Originally posted by quan11287 on 28 Feb 2011, 19:04.
Last edited by quan11287 on 28 Feb 2011, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Yes. The wait is really torturing... and with only 2 weeks left for the round to finish, my hopes are slowly setting down...Lets just hope for the best!!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Darn it! And I was thinking that it would be quite easy to get admitted to the program. Now it has turned out the school is extremely selective this year. Keeping my fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Same here buddy...I think I'll mail them in a day or two asking about the current status, but am not keeping my hopes high now as it's already March :? :cry:
Btw, quann, where are u frm?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
vibsatwork wrote:
Same here buddy...I think I'll mail them in a day or two asking about the current status, but am not keeping my hopes high now as it's already March :? :cry:
Btw, quann, where are u frm?

I am from a developing country in South East Asia. I am still wavering between the MSF and the MBA though. What about you? What other programs did you apply for?

Just caught a tint of Wisconsin's selectivity this year upon hearing about an Indian guy with a GMAT score of 770 and quite decent work experience getting waitlisted :( Took another look at the profiles of the students from the Corporate Finance & Investment Banking specialization just to realize that the vast majority of them are white Americans. So I guess chances of me getting admitted are quite slim :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Only 5 More days! Can't wait!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I guess we stand no chance anymore...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3