Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General, Luxury Goods Brand Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Notre Dame, Emory, BYU
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants [#permalink]
Interviewing on-campus on 2/11. Any tips on dress code?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Ops/Logistics
Schools:Harvard, Ross, McCombs, Mendoza
 Q44  V42
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
ttsather wrote:
Interviewing on-campus on 2/11. Any tips on dress code?

Suit and tie.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I recently received an email from Notre Dame stating that I was a "priority candidate". I wrote my GMAT late January and got an email about a week after that. I am hoping to get my application in by Feb 14...just wondering if you ppl thought there were any/many spots left and whether or not I would have a decent chance. I got 680, with a 3.7 GPA and have about 3 years work experience (post BBA).

BTW, I am hoping for the one-year program and I am from Canada (haha, if that matters!)

Thanks in advance!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General, Luxury Goods Brand Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
BTW, just curious--is the ND interview blind? Having my interview on campus this week!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
calisnoopy wrote:
BTW, just curious--is the ND interview blind? Having my interview on campus this week!

yes i believe they are.. but if not , only should work to your advantage.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Can anyone answer my questions

Do I need to fill out the financial information in the application form right now? Or can i leave it till after getting accepted?

My concern is it sort of seems like I need to get an evaluation of all my finances from a CA and attach it there and I rather do it after getting accepted.

Another question is I am kindof stumped regarding the 4 slide presentation "about yourself"

Should it be professional? bullet points, pictorial? pictures and clip art, or both? pictures may make it look childish?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BlueRobin wrote:

Do I need to fill out the financial information in the application form right now? Or can i leave it till after getting accepted?

My concern is it sort of seems like I need to get an evaluation of all my finances from a CA and attach it there and I rather do it after getting accepted.

Another question is I am kindof stumped regarding the 4 slide presentation "about yourself"

Should it be professional? bullet points, pictorial? pictures and clip art, or both? pictures may make it look childish?

I could be wrong, but my opinion is that they purposely made the description of the slide show requirement vague to see what applicants come up with. I used it to show an aspect of my life that wasn't perhaps as relevant on my resume, essays or general application. I think it is up to you to determine what you want to demonstrate to the admissions committee.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pkrjp wrote:
I could be wrong, but my opinion is that they purposely made the description of the slide show requirement vague to see what applicants come up with. I used it to show an aspect of my life that wasn't perhaps as relevant on my resume, essays or general application. I think it is up to you to determine what you want to demonstrate to the admissions committee.

Thanks and Kudos pkr,

Could you please also comment on whether it is mandatory to fill out the financial information in the application. It asks for all the financial details starting from bank savings to loans.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BlueRobin wrote:
pkrjp wrote:

Thanks and Kudos pkr,

Could you please also comment on whether it is mandatory to fill out the financial information in the application. It asks for all the financial details starting from bank savings to loans.

Regards.

I honestly don't remember seeing that in my application. Are you an international student? I did double check my submitted app, but I did not notice any sections requiring financial information.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Yes pkr, I am an international student, it asks on page 7 for Proof of Financial Resources.

"Enclosed is documentation substantiating the necessary financial resources for my course of study in the MBA program. In completing this form, refer to the estimated budget information given at https://www.nd.edu/~mba. All statements and letters must give amounts in U.S. DOLLARS. A certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or Form IAP-66) will not be issued until this information is provided. You must show sufficient funds for your entire duration of study (one or two years). Documentation substantiating the necessary financial resources for the candidate's course of study should be mailed separately to the MBA Admissions Office."

I guess it can wait till results. The reason it concerns me is because I am concerned that if I dont fill it then the reader may feel so does he not have funds?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BlueRobin wrote:
Yes pkr, I am an international student, it asks on page 7 for Proof of Financial Resources.

"Enclosed is documentation substantiating the necessary financial resources for my course of study in the MBA program. In completing this form, refer to the estimated budget information given at https://www.nd.edu/~mba. All statements and letters must give amounts in U.S. DOLLARS. A certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or Form IAP-66) will not be issued until this information is provided. You must show sufficient funds for your entire duration of study (one or two years). Documentation substantiating the necessary financial resources for the candidate's course of study should be mailed separately to the MBA Admissions Office."

I guess it can wait till results. The reason it concerns me is because I am concerned that if I dont fill it then the reader may feel so does he not have funds?

That is a legitimate concern. Perhaps the best course of action would be to call or email the admissions office to ask. I can't imagine them requiring you to gather and submit all of that information, but it is possible. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BlueRobin wrote:

I am an international student too. I didnt fill out the financial form.. although it is good if you have all the info ready by the time you submit the application in most cases it is practicaly impossible if you are planning to fund your mba through loans..

You will not be granted a loan unless you have an admit to a university ( each university has different fees) so what information are you going to put up ??

leave it blank.. if you get an admit , you will then have to start processing your loan and then send them that information.. upon which you will recieve an I -2 0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Prometheus59 wrote:
BlueRobin wrote:

I am an international student too. I didnt fill out the financial form.. although it is good if you have all the info ready by the time you submit the application in most cases it is practicaly impossible if you are planning to fund your mba through loans..

You will not be granted a loan unless you have an admit to a university ( each university has different fees) so what information are you going to put up ??

leave it blank.. if you get an admit , you will then have to start processing your loan and then send them that information.. upon which you will recieve an I -2 0

forgot to mention. Most international students dont have the kind of money for two years of tuition. in their bank accounts.. so its ok..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks and kudos Prometheus.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Kinda quiet on the board...anyone heard anything for round 3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Corporate Innovation, B2B Marketing
Schools:Kelley (Indiana)
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
I got a couple emails that just said my application is considered complete, is being considered, and that they will give me a decision by Feb. 25th.

Anyone else get these emails?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tylenoljones wrote:
I got a couple emails that just said my application is considered complete, is being considered, and that they will give me a decision by Feb. 25th.

Anyone else get these emails?

I received the same email(s). I have heard that they won't inform applicants of decisions until at least the 24th, but most likely the 25th. I'm anxious to hear back. I have decisions to make!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts