Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Corporate Innovation, B2B Marketing
Schools:Kelley (Indiana)
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink]
rha wrote:
tylenoljones wrote:
RHA wrote:
"but I got a handwritten note from a current student..."

I haven't received one recently, but I did get one a few days after I visited campus in November. It came from the two students who took me on a tour of the Kelley building(s). Did you visit or interview in the last couple weeks?

Nope - nothing since I sent in my app on 1/20. IV'ed with Jim Holmen in Admissions on 1/18.

I just received the handwritten note today. Like you I interviewed in mid-Jan.

cheers,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Product management/entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
GMAT 2: 700  Q48  V38
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Send PM
I got an interview invite recently. Any tips or recommendation? Has anyone given a Skype interview for Kelley?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Indiana, Texas, Emory
Send PM
Kudos
I had a self initiated interview on campus back in December. I was interviewed by a student, it went for about an hour and there were no real curve balls, just know why kelley...that was super important because out of all my interviews kelley was the one that really gave me a chance to talk about myself as a potential student and what I was interested in besides my current job, revenues, quant ability....I got the sense that they really stressed having that kelley fit and personality. I really admired that. Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Iamnotaprimenumber wrote:
I had a self initiated interview on campus back in December. I was interviewed by a student, it went for about an hour and there were no real curve balls, just know why kelley...that was super important because out of all my interviews kelley was the one that really gave me a chance to talk about myself as a potential student and what I was interested in besides my current job, revenues, quant ability....I got the sense that they really stressed having that kelley fit and personality. I really admired that. Good luck.

I only encountered one question that wasn't part of the why mba/why kelley/career goals type of questions, and it was a variation of the "weakness" question you might see on some mba applications.

The question was basically "During your professional career, please tell me about a weakness that was identified during one of your reviews and what you have done to work on that."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I had a skype interview..
as every one said in this forum, pretty standard questions.
The only difference I found was that there was no time given to break the ice..
I mean within few seconds of teh interview, I got the first question..
Nothing wrong in that..
But a little chit chat in the start help to calm the nerves..
Also make sure that you look at the web cam... I was not sure where to look..
Looks odd on the webcam..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am R2 applicant at Kelley. GMAT 620(5.0). 6.5 work experience in broking and banking industry.
Anyone selected or applied plz share their profile?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 3: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
I was reading a chat transcript of Kelley adcom guys and found that international students have a tough time getting jobs.

The adcom guy goes on to say that international students are sent back to their country and are called after 2-3 years on a L1 Visa!!!

https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... elley.aspx

"Many employers are moving forward with initiatives to send foreign-born MBAs back to their country and bring them back to the US under an L-1 visa a few years later."

Given the condition of the Indian middle class, how can we even think of returning back to our country? Who will provide us jobs and who will repay the debt?

Originally posted by Sridhar123 on 18 Feb 2011, 05:24.
Last edited by Sridhar123 on 20 Feb 2011, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Sridhar,

It is a common knowledge that if you pursue SCM/marketing/sales in the US- getting a job is a bit easy. For finance and consulting- getting a job in the US is a bit difficult mate.

Sridhar123 wrote:
I was reading a chat transcript of Kelley adcom guys and found that international students have a tough time getting jobs.

The adcom guy goes on to say that international students are sent back to their country and are called after 2-3 years on a L1 Visa!!!

"Many employers are moving forward with initiatives to send foreign-born MBAs back to their country and bring them back to the US under an L-1 visa a few years later."

If this is the case, I am wondering if there is any point in pursuing our MBA there! MBA is a huge investment. Given the condition of the Indian middle class, how can we even think of returning back to our country? Who will provide us jobs and who will repay the debt?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Sridhar123, apocalypse and sinhag. How was your i/v and any reply? Mine is going to be skype, any tips.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mouse wrote:
Hey Sridhar,

It is a common knowledge that if you pursue SCM/marketing/sales in the US- getting a job is a bit easy. For finance and consulting- getting a job in the US is a bit difficult mate.

Sridhar123 wrote:

Given the condition of the Indian middle class, how can we even think of returning back to our country? Who will provide us jobs and who will repay the debt?

Mouse, I heard that for Indians, getting jobs in Marketing, Investment Banking and Consulting is difficult. But Finance isn't that difficult.

Originally posted by Sridhar123 on 19 Feb 2011, 03:58.
Last edited by Sridhar123 on 20 Feb 2011, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Deepak,

The questions were standard ones. why mba, why kelley, goals, etc.

The interviewer made me feel very comfortable.

Don't panic. Keep your cool and be yourself.

Refer to tips given by me in this forum on taking interview on skype.

deepak123gmat wrote:
Sridhar123, apocalypse and sinhag. How was your i/v and any reply? Mine is going to be skype, any tips.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deepak123gmat wrote:

Hi Deepak,

please be ready with some nice stories about your leadership experience, and also for questions like why MBA and why kelley ( this one is imp)

@sridhar - what did the interviewer told you about the final decision?? I was told that it would be out by mid march - now thats too late. Can we email them and ask for some kind of timelines??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
He said the same to me as well. But, since Kelley is a reputed schools, I guess it takes time for them to do the selection. It seems our apps will undergo 2 more rounds of screening.

No point in emailing them I feel.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
apocalypse wrote:

@sridhar - what did the interviewer told you about the final decision?? I was told that it would be out by mid march - now thats too late. Can we email them and ask for some kind of timelines??

I don't think it is slower than any other comparable school. Heck, some schools look like they are still sending out interview invites 2 months after the application being finalized.

Personally, I would just hold off on contacting Kelley. It shouldn't be that long.

The official release deadline is March 15th, which is the same as last year. Application decisions started going out on Feb 26th last year, so that might give some sort of indication of this year.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:MSU Broad $
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
About to submit application for the March deadline. I was going to wait to hear from a couple of other schools, but kelley is looking better and better. Anyone with a similar profile to mine hear any news they are willing to share? I need to get up to Bloomington and check it out, interviews invite only?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a R2 applicant,690/6,114,3 yrs s/w development exp,good acads and good EC(subjective)!
Not yet heard anything from Kelley!
I was in Bloomington this Aug and had a chat with Tim Smith and Proff Wisneski.
Will that chit chat be considered an interview?
can i still hope to get an i/v invite?
Anyone in the sailing the same headed-to-nowhere boat?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kudos
mbanimal2011 wrote:
About to submit application for the March deadline. I was going to wait to hear from a couple of other schools, but kelley is looking better and better. Anyone with a similar profile to mine hear any news they are willing to share? I need to get up to Bloomington and check it out, interviews invite only?

I think you are interested in marketing, and if so certainly Kelley is an awesome place for that. the folks in the marketing academies seem like a very cohesive unit. sort of like a cult, but in a good way :twisted: Kelley definitely has a pretty wide gmat range (as i'm sure you've seen), so I certainly think you would be in the running.

I do think it is uber important to really stress "why kelley", etc., even more than other schools I think. At least that is the vibe that I got. they really want people who want Kelley.

Interviews are invite only at this point. they do have optional self-initiated interviews that prospective applicants can initiate before Jan 1st I think,but after that point all interview invites are done by the admission folks.

Good luck.

Cheers,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  26   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts