Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: University of Toronto (Rotman) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
Re: ESADE - Sept 2011 intake [#permalink]
Hello fellow ESADE applicants,

I have a question about ESADE admissions process:

Once you get an offer how much time do you have to accept it? When do you have to make the first payment?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

My application made it through the Admissions Committee and I have been invited for an official interview. Very excited as ESADE is my top choice. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice for the interview? It will take place in New York on February 19th. I read on another forum about a case study during the interview... has anyone had a similar experience? I really appreciate the help!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, ESADE, Kellogg, Cornell, IMD
 Q49  V37 GMAT 2: 730  Q49  V41
GPA: 6.7
Send PM
Hi fellow ESADE aspirants,

Got interviewed last sunday at Mumbai.. wonderful experience !
There was indeed a short case, but guess there are multiple casestudies, hence no point detailing out the same. Got approx 45 mins to work on the case, followed by another 45 odd minutes discussion on the case, my profile, what ESADE has to offer and what it is that I can expect at / post the ESADE MBA.

What I really appreciate about ESADE is how the reps make you comfortable about the whole process, their honest discussions on the school and your fit with the school as well as your understanding of the business scenario around you. You'd do well to be aware of the business landscape in your own country and the key global business trends too.

In summary, they're interested in knowing who you are, what makes you who you are and whether the ESADE MBA, what it really is, would work for you and ESADE too. Definitely worth the trip to Mumbai to meet the ESADE rep.

Fingers crossed now X

Congrats to the already 'admits', hope derz enuff room for me amongst you folks :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Got an admit from ESADE for the Fall 2011 Batch...Was interviewed on 5th Feb at Mumbai..super excited right now..!!!!!!
The best thing is that they took less than a week to decide and communicate their decision.
Is there anyone else who was interviewed at Mumbai who got his/her result.

Looking forward to meet you all in Barcelona !!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
italian7745 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Got an admit from ESADE for the Fall 2011 Batch...Was interviewed on 5th Feb at Mumbai..super excited right now..!!!!!!
The best thing is that they took less than a week to decide and communicate their decision.

Congratulations Italian!

Can you tell me how does it work from now? When do you have to accept the offer of admission formally, and when do you have to make first payment, how big is it appx, etc.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Allo people ! Comment estais amigos?? Got an admit late last night :) Was interviewed in Mumbai on 6th Feb. Was absolutely thrilled as I checked my mails en-route to office in the morning and saw the mail from ESADE adcom ! Mail mentioned there'd be another mail shortly informing me abt the next steps, financial aid etc.. but fully agree wid Italian .. decision in 4 days flat ! couldnt get quicker than that.. Hope to see ya'll in Barca !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
DoorKnocker wrote:
italian7745 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Italian!

Can you tell me how does it work from now? When do you have to accept the offer of admission formally, and when do you have to make first payment, how big is it appx, etc.

Thanks!

The offer has to be accepted within a month and hence , the payment shall have to be made by then.All financial details are mentioned on the website itself.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
italian7745 wrote:

The offer has to be accepted within a month and hence , the payment shall have to be made by then.All financial details are mentioned on the website itself.

Thanks!
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
hello,

I got my invitation for an interview on the open day on the 25th, it will be a case study interview, can anyone help me out on how to prepare for it?

Thanx and hope to see u all in September :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrat on everyone who made it so far, and good luck to those waiting for oyur interviews!

My interview did not involve a case study, but the overall interview itself is very simple and fun. Be yourself. Be inquisitive. And you'll be fine
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tideas wrote:
Congrat on everyone who made it so far, and good luck to those waiting for oyur interviews!

My interview did not involve a case study, but the overall interview itself is very simple and fun. Be yourself. Be inquisitive. And you'll be fine

Congrats on the interview Tideas,

I am curious what your job background is. Maybe it is the reason why you weren't asked a case study question?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'm an engineer. I think it depends on where you interview. Good luck on your interview, and hopefully I'll see you in Barca this fal!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone, I interviewed w/ ESADE off-campus a couple of weeks ago and received the good news just last Friday (it took them 10 days to delivery the results).

I have not accepted the place yet as am waiting to hear from a couple of other schools (e.g Georgetown, Tepper, UCLA) as I want to make an informed decision. I am already pretty inclined to go to ESADE though. Does anyone have any word of advice?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
ravdoc wrote:
Hi fellow ESADE aspirants,

Got interviewed last sunday at Mumbai.. wonderful experience !
There was indeed a short case, but guess there are multiple casestudies, hence no point detailing out the same. Got approx 45 mins to work on the case, followed by another 45 odd minutes discussion on the case, my profile, what ESADE has to offer and what it is that I can expect at / post the ESADE MBA.

What I really appreciate about ESADE is how the reps make you comfortable about the whole process, their honest discussions on the school and your fit with the school as well as your understanding of the business scenario around you. You'd do well to be aware of the business landscape in your own country and the key global business trends too.

In summary, they're interested in knowing who you are, what makes you who you are and whether the ESADE MBA, what it really is, would work for you and ESADE too. Definitely worth the trip to Mumbai to meet the ESADE rep.

Fingers crossed now X

Congrats to the already 'admits', hope derz enuff room for me amongst you folks :)

My interview experience was very similar to yours.
45 min case + presentation (pen and paper powerpoint). No specific knowledge required. Use your logic & presentation skills.
questions were not standard. Here's some that I can recall:
- where did i learn my English -- This was b/c I am a Thai but my English is pretty good yet I never studied abroad in an English-speaking country.
- why did I choose political science for my BA
- How is my French and Chinese at the moment --this one I kinda of screwed up by saying they weren't as good at the moment because my current job doesn't require me to speak these languages.. I shouldn't have said that.
- why Europe, why not USA
- Why was I so nervous (lol!)
I didn't get that many questions at all. The whole interview was more like a casual conversation. My interviewer also shared her exp in Thailand. Lots of laughs and smiles. It made me feel very nice. She also gave me an evaluation of my profile, even some career advice re: my post-MBA goal.

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience, totally unexpected for me as I was prepared to answer all the standard questions that schools would usually ask (such as why MBA, why x school, why now, take me through your resume...). I think this is probably because the interviewer know my profile very very well. The standards were already covered in the essays so they didn't have ot ask again. :)

Hope this helps! Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avivern wrote:
Hello everyone, I interviewed w/ ESADE off-campus a couple of weeks ago and received the good news just last Friday (it took them 10 days to delivery the results).

I have not accepted the place yet as am waiting to hear from a couple of other schools (e.g Georgetown, Tepper, UCLA) as I want to make an informed decision. I am already pretty inclined to go to ESADE though. Does anyone have any word of advice?

thanks!

avivern - congratulations mate! We could be classmates at ESADE next year :)

Basis discussions with students, and whatever research I managed to do on ESADE, there is no doubt abt ESADE being an extremely human school that has accepted you for what you are. You dont see a rat race at the school with the emphasis definitely being on learning, adding value to yourself and others during the course of the program. Also, if marketing is your choice of work post MBA - doesnt get better in Europe!

Main downside - Am assuming you're a non EU citizen. Hence, if you do wanna continue working in EU, might be a challenge. Ofcourse it all depends on how well you network and the efforts you put in on off-campus job searches too. The current economic situation in Spain is not too encouraging too. Close to 10% unemployment rates are definitely a challenge.

Having said that, there are a lot of students who're positive abt the placements scenario with top consults like McKinsey starting to visit ESADE last yr onwards. They're also pretty strong with pharma, and have great ties with adidas etc.

Do share if you do have more insights :) will help me and several others on the same boat as us :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:IE Nov. 2011
 Q47  V41
Send PM
ravdoc wrote:
The current economic situation in Spain is not too encouraging too. Close to 10% unemployment rates are definitely a challenge.

I'm sorry to correct you, but the unemployment rate in Spain is above 20% with 4.2 millions unemployed out of a population of 45 millions (including children, senior citizen and all those not able to work).
Anyway, today in the news wrote that Facebook and Google had gone to ESADE to recruit.
Intern
Intern
Schools:ESADE
Send PM
Hello all,

I am starting at ESADE this fall 2011 as well,
can someone please share their experience with financial aid?

at what rate do spanish banks give out loans and do they SURE cover 100% of tuition??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts