Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Re: CPA Review Courses [#permalink]
robbie1979 wrote:
Hey,

I loved Roger's (Roger CPA Review) course, would suggest that.

Good luck

Second this.

I used Roger CPA review (6 or 7 years ago), right out of college. Preferred it to Becker because Becker simply throws everything at you, while Roger concentrated on topics most likely to be covered on the exam. You can either do a live lecture (depending on where you live), online streaming, or even videos on hard drive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck '13
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I did the Becker self-study (DVD + textbooks), and passed each section on the first attempt. I really though that the Becker product was about all that you could ask for in exam prep materials. I basically just made sure that I listened to every lecture and worked every practice problem. It feels a bit repetitive when you're doing it, but when you sit for the exam you'll realize that the exam and the Becker materials are very similar.

I can't speak to the value (my firm paid my expenses, so it was free to me) or the live lectures, but I was very satisfied with my Becker experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Great question and here’s a great answer: take a look at CPAexcel.

Since 2004, 87% of our alumni have passed the CPA Exam. Why? CPAexcel teaches Bite-Sized Lessons which take you about 30 minutes to complete—reading the study text, watching the lecture, answering the questions. Compare that to another course which has 1 video lecture for 1 lesson which lasts for 4 hours!

Since you would like to interact, why not interact with a full professor not just an instructor? With CPAexcel, you can opt for Professor Mentored Learning: subject-expert professors are on call to answer your questions within 24 hours of posting. You can ask as many questions as you wish and search archived discussions from past sessions in case you want additional information. The advantage? After your class, your instructor goes home. How do you get a question answered outside of the classroom? With CPAexcel, the classroom never closes: you can post a question any time of the day or night and your professor will get back to you within 24 hours. That's an advantage! :-D

With CPAexcel, it’s a great combination of the 24/7 support you want along with the convenience and cost-effectiveness of an online course.

--Your Friends at CPAexcel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Finance, Economics, Accounting
GPA: 4.0 UG and 3.6 MSA
Send PM
Can't speak for anyone else, but I loved using Becker. Sure, I got the firm discount at the time (and the books were expensive as hell even after that), but it was by far money well spent. Passed everything when I actually sat down and paid attention.

The program now integrates a study plan along with questions and lectures. You literally have to punch a button and it's just all there for you to do. And if you get the CD lectures, watch as often as you like whenever you like. The only downside is that it expires in 12 months or so, but you can get a 6 month extention if you ask. If you START your window with FAR though, that's more than enough time.

[Disclaimer: I am not an employee of or have ever been paid by Becker to say any of this.]
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts