Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International/General
Schools:HBS (Ding), Chicago (Ding), Columbia (Ding), Wharton-Lauder (Ding w/int), MIT (In!), & Stanford (In!!)
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: Foreign HF 3yr
WE 2: Foreign IB 1yr
WE 3: Domestic NP 1yr
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Joint JD/MBA
Schools:Columbia University
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Just got a call, accepted! Complete 2/14, heard today (3/7) via phone. Good luck to the rest of you, don't give up hope if it's taking a long time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Kudos
omg so exciting! congrats NYER!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
I just received an acceptance email from SIPA. That's half of my equation - if only my prospects at CBS didn't look so gloomy!

Anyone else hoping for a dual degree?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 3: 760
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Kudos
NYER wrote:
Just got a call, accepted! Complete 2/14, heard today (3/7) via phone. Good luck to the rest of you, don't give up hope if it's taking a long time.

Wow congrats NYER!!! Thanks for keeping the hope alive!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:R2: Stern, Yale SOM, Wharton, Columbia, Tuck
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 3+ Engineer
Send PM
Kudos
DING!

Submitted: 1/3
Under Review: Never once received a status email and never had any other status other than submitted
No interview.

25/M/740/3.49/3 WE as an engineer

Goodluck eveyone!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Sorry to hear that peewee, seems like today was a rough day for lots of folks. What time did you get your email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
Sorry to hear that peewee, seems like today was a rough day for lots of folks. What time did you get your email?

12:22 PM. Not the best timing either, since I was literally on my way to a Stern interview and the bad news meant extra pressure and rattled me a bit.

And to answer someone's question earlier my status said, "The Admissions Committee has rendered a decision on your application to Columbia Business School." Good fight, good night!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
theturko19 wrote:
danielduq wrote:
Is anyone deciding (decided?) between Booth and Columbia? What were your thoughts going into this decision? I'd appreciate any insight anyone has on this.

My second cousin went to Booth and I visited it. Its a great school, no doubt about that, but what made me choose CBS was the community. I don't believe that Booth has the cohort system (may be wrong), and I definitely didn't feel like the MBA program was as cohesive as CBS. Chicago's campus is also a little scattered like NYU's, and I wanted to go to a single campus in a big city, which CBS offers.

These are odd things to compare, but at such a high level, sometimes you're reaching for small variations.

I am in the process of choosing between these two myself. I visited Booth's admit weekend 1 and everyone there was so friendly, the building was phenomenal. Hyde park not so much. I plan to attend CBS's admit weekend 2 then make an informed decision. It is correct that at Booth there is no cohort system, but they have one required lead class that gives you a cohort. However, it's not the same degree of intimacy as taking your entire first year classes with the same group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:Harvard Business School, Columbia GSB, Chicago Booth
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
NYER wrote:

Congrats NYER! Do you mind sharing your stats? I went complete about three days after you, so now I'm getting anxious. I also got a follow up email from the adcom requesting additional info. Hope to join you in that admit list soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q47  V38
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: 5 yr Big Four
WE 2: 0.5 yr IB
Send PM
peeweeherman wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:

12:22 PM. Not the best timing either, since I was literally on my way to a Stern interview and the bad news meant extra pressure and rattled me a bit.

And to answer someone's question earlier my status said, "The Admissions Committee has rendered a decision on your application to Columbia Business School." Good fight, good night!

Hey peewee. Sorry about the ding.. How did the interview go at stern? I'm hoping for a call from NYU myself and, if you dont mind sharing, some feedback could be helpful..

Also, did CBS send you a letter stating that you should reapply or anything like that? I've heard people talk about such letters? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
dw21 wrote:
peeweeherman wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:

Hey peewee. Sorry about the ding.. How did the interview go at stern? I'm hoping for a call from NYU myself and, if you dont mind sharing, some feedback could be helpful..

Also, did CBS send you a letter stating that you should reapply or anything like that? I've heard people talk about such letters? Thanks.

Yea, I've heard that mentioned too about the letters, but, unfortunately, my letter stated:
"Thank you for applying to Columbia Business School. After careful review and consideration by the Admissions Committee, we are unable to offer you admission. We are sorry to disappoint you, but the number of qualified applicants who applied for admission makes this situation inevitable.

We did not make this decision easily. We appreciate the time and effort you spent preparing your application and your interest in Columbia Business School. While it is never pleasant to receive disappointing news, we hope that you will find other ways to achieve your professional goals."

Thank you again for your interest to Columbia Business School. We wish you much success in your future endeavors."

I'll be posting a summary of my Stern experience tonight on the Stern thread. Hope you hear some good news soon dw21!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q47  V38
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: 5 yr Big Four
WE 2: 0.5 yr IB
Send PM
Thanks Peewee.. I'll check stern thread.

Good luck to you as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Wharton, Duke, Yale, Georgetown, Emory
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Why won't they get back to me?! Under review since 1/21....this is officially TORTURE!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:Harvard Business School, Columbia GSB, Chicago Booth
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
SebastianMBA wrote:
NYER wrote:

Congrats NYER! Do you mind sharing your stats? I went complete about three days after you, so now I'm getting anxious. I also got a follow up email from the adcom requesting additional info. Hope to join you in that admit list soon.

Actually, just got the call myself!

Applied 1/5
Under Review 1/21
Interview Invite 2/16
Complete 2/21
Accepted 3/8

28/M/750/3.6/WE 5.5 years Big Four - Audit.

I'm static right now, but thought I'd share.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Send PM
Congrats, Sebastian!! I got my interview invite at the same time as you but didn't go complete until 3/1 but this news has given me some hope! I read earlier that you also got a follow-up email with questions - how long after your interview was that? Also what time were you called? Hope you're celebrating tonight :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
SebastianMBA wrote:
SebastianMBA wrote:
NYER wrote:

Actually, just got the call myself!

Applied 1/5
Under Review 1/21
Interview Invite 2/16
Complete 2/21
Accepted 3/8

28/M/750/3.6/WE 5.5 years Big Four - Audit.

I'm static right now, but thought I'd share.

Congratulations Sebastin.
Please could you share what kind of follow up questions you were asked by admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
don't give up hope just yet!! i submitted FOURTEEN WEEKS AGO and only heard today! :) it took over 3 weeks to schedule my interview and over 4 weeks for my interview to go complete.

i don't know the exact dates of my status changes because i never received email updates, but just remember that sometimes no news is good news!

just FYI, i did not get a call--just an email with The Admissions Committee has rendered a decision on your application to Columbia Business School. i thought it was a definite rejection!

all the best to everyone. i feel your pain on the wait, but just stay optimistic!

(p.s. East Coast based)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  187   188   189   190   191  ...  198