Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Tuck 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink]
2011hereIgo wrote:
Any inputs on housing will be highly appreciated.

My best suggestion is to strongly consider getting something very close (i.e. walking distance) from school. In your first year especially, you'll be going back and forth from school for classes, recruiting, social events, etc. There have been a few days where I've gone back and forth three times in one day. Of course, you can always pack up everything you think you'll need for the day and make only one trip, but being close is really nice. The closer you are, the more likely you are to actually be on campus where all the action happens.

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance & Strategy
Schools:Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
 Q47  V40
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)
Send PM
Kudos
Any one has news about the Financial Aid award package? The only hint Tuck gave is that it should be ready for ASW, but I wonder if anyone has more precise information about dates...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Tuck 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send PM
Thanks very much for the input, refurb. I’m moving to Hanover with my fiancé, hence the first condo that came to mind was Sachem. I appreciate if you can shed some light on the best condo options around the school area. Is White River Junction far from Tuck? People told me that Sachem is not at walking distance from Dartmouth. This may sound silly since we can google all this info; however I’d like to know what the overall feeling students have towards the available options is.

What are the existing options that require a 20 min max walk? I thought that Sachem was the closest option to those with significant others.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Nick2010 wrote:
Any one has news about the Financial Aid award package? The only hint Tuck gave is that it should be ready for ASW, but I wonder if anyone has more precise information about dates...

I got my scholarship information with the acceptance letter that I received in the mail last Friday. Is this the financial aid you are talking about or there should be a separate package?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance & Strategy
Schools:Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
 Q47  V40
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)
Send PM
eestineiu wrote:
Nick2010 wrote:

I got my scholarship information with the acceptance letter that I received in the mail last Friday. Is this the financial aid you are talking about or there should be a separate package?

Which round were you admitted in? I am talking about the financial aid award containing financing (loan) details. I was wondering if it may contain any new information about scholarships, since I wasn´t awarded any when first admitted (Early Decision).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nick2010 wrote:
eestineiu wrote:
Nick2010 wrote:

Which round were you admitted in? I am talking about the financial aid award containing financing (loan) details. I was wondering if it may contain any new information about scholarships, since I wasn´t awarded any when first admitted (Early Decision).

Oh, I see. I am a Round 2 admit.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Joining the party kinda late here, but more than excited to be going to Tuck in a few months' time! Congrats all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would any of you consider Yale over Tuck? Probably going to Tuck but still deciding ....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
2011hereIgo wrote:
Thanks very much for the input, refurb. I’m moving to Hanover with my fiancé, hence the first condo that came to mind was Sachem. I appreciate if you can shed some light on the best condo options around the school area. Is White River Junction far from Tuck? People told me that Sachem is not at walking distance from Dartmouth. This may sound silly since we can google all this info; however I’d like to know what the overall feeling students have towards the available options is.

What are the existing options that require a 20 min max walk? I thought that Sachem was the closest option to those with significant others.

WRJ is a good 10 min drive from Hanover. Sachem is not really walking distance, probably a good 1.5 - 2 miles from Tuck.

There are a number of options within a 20 min walk. Tuck is to the west of Main St and there are 3 multi-unit apartments that I know of, plus a number of one-offs as well. These are all within a 10 min walk. If you look to the east of Main St., there are a number more within a 20 min walk.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to walk any further than 10 min, especially in the winter! Here is the kicker: If your a first year student, you can only park by the med school which is a 10 min walk to Tuck. So if you live far enough that you have to drive, you'll be walking 10 min anyways (or waiting for the shuttle). In your first year you'll be going back and forth from school, so it makes life much easier if you can get back and forth from home in under 20 min.

RF
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
:-DI started to do some housing research yesterday, because I want to set foot in Hanover during ASW knowing the names of at least 4 condos (I intend to drive a rented car around those).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Schools:Tuck - Class of 2012
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Check out Brook Hollow if you see any listed. Its on east wheelock a little past the gym and well within walking distance. Refurb speaks the truth, parking sucks so try to get as close as possible. At this point I have been rotating illegally through the different lots like pretty much everyone else, but it can get expensive with parking tickets. :)

Also, if you are on the fence, COME TO ASW!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi Guy's, just got admitted to the class of 2013. Excited doesn't even begin...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations!!! We gonna have a blast! See you in NH.

RHB wrote:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
RHB wrote:

Congrats!!! Awesome! Wonderful party we have here!

Hang in there ppl, we are going to meet one another in another 2 months or so! :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys, I think this is your classmate: https://fashionista.com/2011/08/new-colu ... ss-school/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Guys, I think this is your classmate: https://fashionista.com/2011/08/new-colu ... ss-school/

:think:

Hmmm... says she's going to MIT.

What am I missing?

RF
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Kudos
refurb wrote:
:think:

Hmmm... says she's going to MIT.

What am I missing?

RF

Lol, bb saw the picture with the farm and the lambs/goats (???) and assumed it was Hanover.... :lol: (j/k)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts