Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Darden
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 5 yrs Investment Banking
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Stern, Wharton, CBS
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Well, I just got a "you're still on the waitlist" update from SOM, and there is no sign of any update of any kind from Stern, so I've decided to withdraw from both waitlists and matriculate at Johnson.

Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q46  V44
Send PM
congrats, good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

I came across a document on resolution of Council of Graduate Schools which says that if someone accepts an offer with financial aid after April 15, that student can’t say no to that offer later and go to another university unless the student gets a letter of release from the first institution.

Now I have an admit from Indiana along with university funding. The last date to deposit fees is May 1 .. I have also been put on wait list before interview at NYU and NYU will start reviewing wl candidates only in April and may announce decision in July . So will I not be able to join NYU, if I reserve seat in Indiana now? what should I do now?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Any chance of waitlist movement on Friday - April 1st Decision Deadline? Has anyone gotten in off waitlist or removed from the waitlist yet?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AID
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Count me in. I am on the wait list without an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Stern, Booth, MIT, IMD, INSEAD, IESE
 Q47  V47
GPA: 2.6
WE 1: 10 years total WE; 2 yrs entrepreneurship, 8 years in telecom, Big 4 and Commercial Banking
WE 2: Currently in a management position with a commercial bank
Send PM
Waitlisted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Count me in too, and let's start the poker game....
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys... new to this list! I was expecting a ding thus its not that bad!!!

Does anyone knows more less when the decisions are released??? I know that in the stern site it says that they can come out until august... but it seems like a lot of time...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
paco90 wrote:

Does anyone knows more less when the decisions are released??? I know that in the stern site it says that they can come out until august... but it seems like a lot of time...

I was wait listed until August last year, without any communication from the adcom, then rejected. From the sheer number of people getting wait listed, I expect the same this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Sloan, Tuck, Johnson, Yale SOM, Stern
Send PM
levinator wrote:
paco90 wrote:

I was wait listed until August last year, without any communication from the adcom, then rejected. From the sheer number of people getting wait listed, I expect the same this year.

Agreed, from the responses here, they seem to be using the waitlist status pretty liberally.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

I came across a document on resolution of Council of Graduate Schools which says that if someone accepts an offer with financial aid after April 15, that student can’t say no to that offer later and go to another university unless the student gets a letter of release from the first institution.

Now I have an admit from Indiana along with university funding. The last date to deposit fees is May 1 .. I have also been put on wait list before interview at NYU and NYU will start reviewing wl candidates only in April and may announce decision in July . So will I not be able to join NYU, if I reserve seat in Indiana now? what should I do now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Consultant
Send PM
What are people doing with admits to other schools? Most schools' deposits are due on 5/1 and at the rate Stern is moving the waitlist, it looks like there's no way around it but to pay the deposit to another school and lose out on the money if you admitted probably sometime in July/Aug and decide to go there.

I just want to see what people's takes are on this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Sloan, Tuck, Johnson, Yale SOM, Stern
Send PM
Cheerio wrote:
What are people doing with admits to other schools? Most schools' deposits are due on 5/1 and at the rate Stern is moving the waitlist, it looks like there's no way around it but to pay the deposit to another school and lose out on the money if you admitted probably sometime in July/Aug and decide to go there.

I just want to see what people's takes are on this.

I've paid a deposit and if I end up getting into NYU, will have to decide whether it's worth it to lose that pretty significant chunk of money. With the number of people Stern waitlists I'm not getting my hopes up, but doesn't hurt to stay on the waitlist.

I think once I sign a housing lease for next year I'll be calling it quits on the waitlist. And that will almost definitely occur before July.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waitlisted
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
international applicant waitlisted after interview..
I will stay in the waitlist but hiring a consultant for next year so I dnt have much hopes=)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
carlosamq wrote:
Hi everyone, just got WL'ted.. Was really looking forward to NYU because of my strong interest in Finance.
Mine is a very strange situation. I applied R1 back in Nov and got my interview invitation on Feb 14 - Extremely late. I interviewed on March 7th and got WL today.
Now, I am evaluating how I can improve my application, even considering retaking the GMAT!!

carlosamq - do you know why Stern got back to you so late? Wasn't the initial notification date for R1 in mid-January?

I'm asking because I'm a R2 applicant who still hasn't heard a peep from admissions since I submitted on 1/6.
Current Student
Schools:UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
carriedinterest wrote:
carlosamq wrote:
Hi everyone, just got WL'ted.. Was really looking forward to NYU because of my strong interest in Finance.
Mine is a very strange situation. I applied R1 back in Nov and got my interview invitation on Feb 14 - Extremely late. I interviewed on March 7th and got WL today.
Now, I am evaluating how I can improve my application, even considering retaking the GMAT!!

carlosamq - do you know why Stern got back to you so late? Wasn't the initial notification date for R1 in mid-January?

I'm asking because I'm a R2 applicant who still hasn't heard a peep from admissions since I submitted on 1/6.

R1 initial notification was 2/15
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13