Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
Send PM
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Wharton Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink]
pslu wrote:
Any Singapore based admits? Let's get together before we are off to school...
PM me your email then I can loop everybody together :)

I'm not there anymore but was there a few weeks back and met up with the alumni group out there - really fun bunch! You might also try reaching out on the facebook group for our class - there are probably more admits active on there than on here!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
Send PM
oh yeah~ just got in touch with one alumni who has the admits list...they gonna hold another penn drinks in sg soon!
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
pslu wrote:
oh yeah~ just got in touch with one alumni who has the admits list...they gonna hold another penn drinks in sg soon!

awesome!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton
GMAT 3: 720
Send PM
anyone received confirmation on completion of re-vera background check?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
gracey wrote:

No, and I am just slightly concerned about this because I submitted mine on April 2nd. I'll give it another week before I actually worry. When did you submit your release?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
submitted mine on April 4th - did a couple back and forth with re-vera to clarify employment contact info, etc. but haven't heard anything from them since. I know that my hr person has given all the info to them. so not sure what the hold up is.
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
teabiscuit wrote:
gracey wrote:

No, and I am just slightly concerned about this because I submitted mine on April 2nd. I'll give it another week before I actually worry. When did you submit your release?

I started the verification process in Jan and received confirmation only earlier this month.. you won't actually get confirmation from Re Vera.. you'll get an email from Wharton saying that the process is completed and they do it in batches because I know at least one other person from Round 1 who got the confirmation same time as me.. its probable just another items on the ad com checklist and its probably low down on the priority list for them. Considering it took nearly 3 months for them to confirm in our case.. I wouldn't be too worried if you don't hear from them for a while. Im pretty sure Re Vera was done much before I got the Wharton confirmation because I had emails going back and forth with Re Vera regarding things they needed from me and they kind of implied they were done at the end of our email exchanges.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q48  V41
Send PM
staind wrote:
teabiscuit wrote:
gracey wrote:

I started the verification process in Jan and received confirmation only earlier this month.. you won't actually get confirmation from Re Vera.. you'll get an email from Wharton saying that the process is completed and they do it in batches because I know at least one other person from Round 1 who got the confirmation same time as me.. its probable just another items on the ad com checklist and its probably low down on the priority list for them. Considering it took nearly 3 months for them to confirm in our case.. I wouldn't be too worried if you don't hear from them for a while. Im pretty sure Re Vera was done much before I got the Wharton confirmation because I had emails going back and forth with Re Vera regarding things they needed from me and they kind of implied they were done at the end of our email exchanges.

Good to know. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Staind! very helpful.

For NY admits---are you guys planning on attending the NY admit reception this friday?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Does anyone know what the timing is for loans (private or government)? At what point do we apply for them and at what point do they get funded?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
Does anyone know what the timing is for loans (private or government)? At what point do we apply for them and at what point do they get funded?

I think private loans should be available in the end of May/beginning of June until late July - not sure about federal loans.

Loans should get funded in August/September. Again, I'm not 100% sure, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Perfect007 wrote:
Jmw125 wrote:

I think private loans should be available in the end of May/beginning of June until late July - not sure about federal loans.

Loans should get funded in August/September. Again, I'm not 100% sure, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Started looking into this a bit more today (and actually built out a model to compare some of the loans...i'm a nerd). i think i'm going to target mid june for applying for loans (they get funded directly to school). from what i've looked at, if you can get a good rate (with a good co-signer), the private loans will end up being much cheaper than the gov't loans (unless you have a view that LIBOR or Prime are going up by 400-500 bps in the near term)...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
Perfect007 wrote:
Jmw125 wrote:

Started looking into this a bit more today (and actually built out a model to compare some of the loans...i'm a nerd). i think i'm going to target mid june for applying for loans (they get funded directly to school). from what i've looked at, if you can get a good rate (with a good co-signer), the private loans will end up being much cheaper than the gov't loans (unless you have a view that LIBOR or Prime are going up by 400-500 bps in the near term)...

A model? Nice. Which banks are you looking at? DCU, Citibank?

From what I read it varies from 3% to 11%, it's a wide range depending on credit score. I agree that we should be fine with a good co-signer.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Perfect007 wrote:

A model? Nice. Which banks are you looking at? DCU, Citibank?

From what I read it varies from 3% to 11%, it's a wide range depending on credit score. I agree that we should be fine with a good co-signer.

Looked at Citi (low rates), Discover (2% graduation bonus), and Sallie Mae loans (with and without paying interest while in school). Think the Sallie Mae loans make the most sense. Would like Discover, but they don't let you get co-signers off of the loan ever...Citi and Sallie Mae do after 24 and 12 months of consecutive on time payments, respectively.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the input. I've contacted Citibank student loans a few days ago asking for the specific rates but I was told that I had to fill out the forms and complete the whole application before they can calculate the exact rates based on my credit score and on my co-signer's.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi- did anyone receive any communications from SFS on next steps in loan applications? I submitted my FAFSA a while back but have not heard anything from SFS. Also, I thought we're supposed to receive pre-term communications from Wharton but I have yet to receive anything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gracey wrote:
Hi- did anyone receive any communications from SFS on next steps in loan applications? I submitted my FAFSA a while back but have not heard anything from SFS. Also, I thought we're supposed to receive pre-term communications from Wharton but I have yet to receive anything.

Hi. I haven't received anything either. Good question.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3