Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

P90X

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
P90X [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 23:36
Yes, who's on P90X here. No, it's not a drug :P

Picked up a complete set today as well as a pull-up bar for $80 on craigslist :) got the nutrition book and work-out chart. Gotta get some dumb-bells tomorrow at wal-mart haha.

Today was Day 0. Workout 1 was INTENSE!

anyways, just wanted to see who else on here is on P90X. hopefully by day 90 i'll be able to post up some pics. trying to get back in shape for football (wide receiver for the local league here so i need to work out a lot more)

i think the workout routine will help with the GMAT as well :)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Higher Education
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 7

Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 10:09
vwjetty wrote:
Yes, who's on P90X here. No, it's not a drug :P

Picked up a complete set today as well as a pull-up bar for $80 on craigslist :) got the nutrition book and work-out chart. Gotta get some dumb-bells tomorrow at wal-mart haha.

Today was Day 0. Workout 1 was INTENSE!

anyways, just wanted to see who else on here is on P90X. hopefully by day 90 i'll be able to post up some pics. trying to get back in shape for football (wide receiver for the local league here so i need to work out a lot more)

i think the workout routine will help with the GMAT as well :)

Great idea. When I was in the heat of my battle against the GMAT, I would have gone insane if I did not have a physical outlet for all my frustration. I did a 90 day routine of P90X and enjoyed it. At first Tony was a little annoying, but he grew on me. I remember somewhere in week 2 I got over his annoying energy and found myself talking trash to him from my living room and challenging him to do more push-ups than I could...then he started doing those ridiculous plyo-metric push-ups and I shut my mouth.

Anyway - good for you. I know having an outlet for my GMAT frustrations was a huge help to me and I suspect you will find the same.

My GMAT Debrief: my-gmat-experience-540-to-92850.html
Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. - Emerson

GMAT Tests User
Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 11:06
hell yeah man. what's aggrevating is that i keep breaking 600 at home but when i got to the test center i banked a mere 550?!

so yes, a lot of frustration.

Arms, Back, and the Abs Ripper X is INTENSE! I think I'm going to dumb it down and only do like 5 reps for each exercise or something because by the time I got to the end I was seriously sweating and out of breath.

Manager
Manager

Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 12:36
A year ago, I would have been envious of you. I was consistently scoring in the mid 500's on one practice GMAT after another. The one upside to those consistent frustrations was that I had a lot of intense workouts to relieve those frustrations. I ended up being in a lot better shape at the end of the GMAT & application process than I was at the beginning!

GMAT Tests User
Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 14:14
nice! guess the tables have turned my friend, it is I who is envious of you now, 720?! oh my gawwwdd!!! i'm just trying to break 600 so i get a decent chance of getting to VCU and/or George Mason lol

Manager
Manager

Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 14:33
I bet you can get there. A lot of people on these boards will hate on a GMU or VCU MBA, but I think you can drive a lot of value out of those schools. VCU in particular is doing some good things. I had lunch last fall with Dean Grier. He's a sharp guy and I believe he will continue to lead the business school in a positive direction. He has some international flair to him given his professional background. I think it will be interesting to see if he can leverage his international contacts to create some interest world-wide.

GMAT Tests User
Re: P90X [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2011, 15:29
all i'm gonna say is that hater's gonna hate (i'm even gonna include a pic lol) and that i gotta love all the haters out there, someone has to haha. i agree with you though. i've had contact with grier as well. i got my undergrad there in quant finance and i think it is going in a pretty positive direction already. a lot of improvements there. when i was in my freshman year, i went to the "old" school of business and it was complete garbage to say the least and now it looks like it's getting somewhere although i don't think it will ever come to status as a serious top high-tier university like booth or HBS.

My first pick would actually probably be VCU and then Mason, simply just because Mason is closer to home and I wouldn't have to pay for rent haha but I do want to pursue a MS in Finance most def and get into the investment world. Hard industry i know, but you gotta start somewhere whether it's being a sales rep at Scottrade or whatever. I'm 24 and have been working a lot of blue-collar jobs so it's about time for a change :P

which is good i think, but i see the construction side of it and now i'm trying to get a peak of the business side of it as well. it's a win-win situation :P

Re: P90X   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2011, 15:29