Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [4]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: APEGM
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 02-03-2012
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Knewton Live Online GMAT Course [#permalink]
Hi there - I purchased the Knewton course using the GMAT Club discount code - 2 sessions in it's been great!

One question - how do I access the GMAT Club Tests for free now that I've purchased the course using the GMAT Club code? If I go to the Tests page and click "Buy" it takes me directly to Paypal.

Thanks,
babum10
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Schools:B.A. Harvard
Send PM
Hi babum10,

Great to hear that you're enjoying your course! Just send me a PM with your name and the email you used when you signed up for Knewton, and I'll make sure your access is set up. Let me know if you have any questions...

Welcome to Knewton!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
NoObstacles wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
Hi NoObstacles,

I, too, am taking the course right now (just finished 5th session) and don't worry you're not the only one falling a little behind. I have session #6 coming up this week as well and still halfway done session #4. I find there is quite a lot of things that is available for homework and extra work. It keeps me busy especially with reviewing after doing the homework. If I ever do catch up and find a little time, I am doing OG12 questions and going through the OnDemand Office Hours.

Like Chris said, I'm trying not to overload myself either. There is a lot of material to look at.

CN-

Seems to me like we're pretty much on the same page, i'm a bit behind on the homework as well, but today's a snow day, so I might be able to catch up.

Anyways let me know how things are going !
Cheers

Hey Guys,

So I finished the course last week, I do feel that I have advanced in my prep for the GMAT overall, but I still know that i'm not ready for the GMAT. The last few homework practice tests that I took through Knewton, i've been scoring great, but it's still taking me way TOO long to complete them. That is on average i'm taking about 5min to finish a Quant Question, while in the verbal section it's about 2:30 - 3:30min, so not too far off the pace in verbal.
Anyways this being said it's obvious to me that I have to keep reviewing the material so I can retain more and as such be able to call on it faster when need be. Now I'm not to sure whether to go back and watch ALL the on demand videos that are available through Knewton while going through the concept queue's OR to take another approach, i.e buying the Manhattan GMAT set of books, which I already did, and combining the two together. I feel that combining the Manhattan GMAT books and the Knewton quizzes and concepts will give me more of a structured approach in regards to making sure that I've covered all the bases needed to score a 680+ to 690+ on the GMAT. I might not necessarily go through all the Manhattan Books but possibly just go through the ones that pertain to my weak areas. I know that the concept queue in Knewton manifests itself based on your weaknesses through all the sections covered, but I feel that it's still really really scattered overall. Anyways if anybody has some feedback in regards to what they feel would be a better approach please let me know. I still haven't booked the GMAT, and i'm not necessarily in a rush to complete it, but I am hoping that I'll be ready to write within 5-8 weeks.

P.S I just wanted to say that the Knewton instructors are really great, honestly I wish I could burrow one of their brain's for exam day, the way that they approach some questions and explain them conceptually is uncanny.

Anyways time to get some studying in for the day!

Cheers,
NoObstacles
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
I am interested in signing up for the Knewton online course after I participate in the demo lecture tonight. I would appreciate if any current Knewton student is willing to refer me, and provide their feedback of the course. So please PM me if you are interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Economics/ Finance
Schools:Wake Forest
Send PM
Hmm only $450 now and access to GMAT Club tests? It's like I've been given a sign on what to do with my $456 dollar tax refund this year and I'll still have enough to buy a beer after I break 700!
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension
Send PM
Hi maguirmj,

I like that attitude! That's a great way to celebrate a 700, too :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Is it true that Knewton considers highest score from official GMAT as a base score? and do i need to submit copy of my official score? I am enrolling today, please let me know.
Send PM
Hey Deepak,

That's right -- if you've taken the GMAT in the past 5 years, we'll take your highest official score as your baseline for the money-back guarantee. There's no need to submit an official score when you enroll, though. You'll only need it if you want to redeem the guarantee after finishing the course and taking the GMAT again.

When you sign up, just skip the diagnostic exam and you'll be good to go!

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any more questions...

Chris
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got a 550 on my Knewton diagnostic test today :shock: I'll start my GMAT journey officially in two days, with my first class. I know I definitely want to improve the final score by much more than 50 points. Let the journey begin !!
Send PM
Good luck, ardk! Let us know if you have any questions as you get started...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Chris, will definitely do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I've completed two lectures (well, 1st one was only introductory orientation about GMAT & Knewton's methods and their website) and one office hours class. My instructors Rich (Quant) and Jen (Verbal) are really awesome !! Jen was back for office hours again today. Apart from regular lectures and office hours, there are tons of online resources and more work for students to complete. Some of these are mandatory for money-back guarantee, while other on-demand lectures and extra homework and quizzes are optional.

I don't have any complaints but a couple of things could be improved. SOME homework questions don't have options to choose from, and after completing them, I was not happy with answers. For example, I type in 3/2 and they say I am wrong bcoz it is 1.5. I don't understand why they don't provide options and follow GMAT pattern for all questions. Similarly, they test a few questions on terminology of the concepts which I think is not required as long as I know the concepts. These are minor things, but I couldn't think of anything else to complain.

Overall, I already find the course very exciting and useful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I had a couple of questions about the Knewton class.

1) I took the GMAT and got a 670, but I took the Knewton diagnostic and got a 710 or 720 can't remember, is the 50 point gurantee good for the 670 or the 710?
2) The office hours each week can you go into detail on what is covered there? Is it individual one on one or are they on a specific topic or what is the general approach any sort of detail you could provide would be great.
3) Do you offer any sort of discounts if I'm come with a group (I'm a first year associate at a non mbb strategy house, and I would venture a guess that a bunch of us are going to be looking to take a course)

Thanks,

Run
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I can't answer on #1,#3 but with regards to office hours, it is a 2-hour class. I only attended one OH, and they gave us 7-8 questions (between Quant. & Verb.) to solve each in 2 minutes and then explained the underlying concepts. For the last 30 minutes, students were asked to post their questions and they repeated a few more practice questions. One thing I was not quite sure was, if all these questions were asked by students. Coz, you don't need to wait for office hours for your doubts, you can email them anytime. Maybe Chris might provide more insight into this.
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Dear Josh/Chris,

I am a gonna-be student of Knewton. I must say, I am impressed reading the reviews about Knewton.

I got one precise question. How does live interactive classes (of Knewton Prep Course) add value to a GMATee? Actually, I got this feeling that maybe for additional US$ 340 might not be a good shot/worthy shot because those classes only involves some type-chatting thing (or what?).

I would also appreciate if you could give an in-depth analysis of he difference between the two prep courses - Premium Live and Complete Prep.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Hi, what is a decent score in Knweton free Test ? How close it is to GPREP? Can you please help?

ChrisBKnewton wrote:
Good luck, ardk! Let us know if you have any questions as you get started...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V38
Send PM
Hi!
My Knewton CAT scores were as follows:
- First real GMAT: 590
- Diagnosis Knewton test: 550
- CAT#2 600
- CAT#3 570
- CAT#4 640
- CAT#5 650
- CAT#6 700
- GMAT Prep 1: 690
- GMAT Prep 2: 680
- Second real GMAT: 710
As from my results you could see, that the CAT scores pretty much resemble my performance from the GMAT Prep as well as the real test itself.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9