Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Brand Management, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Fuqua, LBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
I just posted about my interview experience on the other LBS thread !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davfrench wrote:
I just posted about my interview experience on the other LBS thread !

Link to that thread?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Brand Management, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Fuqua, LBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am extremely keen on the London Business School MIM Program.
Unfortunately I took the gmat a week ago and scored a 540 (Q:35, V:28)
I am debating whether I should study for another month and retake the gmat.
But this means that I will be applying in the last round (5th round) for applications.
Will applying in last round slim my chances down a lot?

Here is the rest of my profile:
Graduate from a Top-Tier University In Engineering: GPA 3.00
Did a 4.5 year program where I did 9 months of two full time internships (So graduated with almost a year of experience)
Currently been working for 3 months.

Should I apply now with a low score, or improve my score and apply in the 5th round,
This is my top choice, and I am extremely keen on this program!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi aceguy ! You should definitely retake the gmat. 540 won't get you an inerview !! I would say that with what you shared of your profile, you need a 650 or more to have a shot !!! I know it sound like a lot but study hard and I am sure you can get it ! good luck !1
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davfrench wrote:
Hi aceguy ! You should definitely retake the gmat. 540 won't get you an inerview !! I would say that with what you shared of your profile, you need a 650 or more to have a shot !!! I know it sound like a lot but study hard and I am sure you can get it ! good luck !1

Hi Davfrench,
Thanks yes, I'm definitely going to take the gmat again, aim for a much higher score!
Just wanted to clarify, do they still accept a significant number of applicants in their last round of applications?
Also, when I took the gmat i had my scores reported to the school, which I couldnt stop from being sent, will that affect my chances, since i still haven't applied?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They do accept applicants in round 5. It is harder to get in because if they already accepted 2 or 3 people with a similar profile to yours, for the sake of diversity they might reject you. But the admission team mentioned that they wait list people to make sure they have enough spot until the end to accept applicant.
For the GMAT, do not worry about it, they only consider your higher score at LBS, they do not average your scores.
Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
Schools:LBS
WE 1: 3 months
Send PM
Hey, guys

I'll be really grateful to you, if you could help sort out my query. I completed my Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences from a top university for the program in my country in November 2010. After completion of the program, I started working in a market analytics firm, from Feb-2011. So, as of now I have 3 months of work ex. I wish to apply in R-2 for Sept 2012 session for MIM. Someone mentioned earlier, that applicants who have completed their undergrad in 2010, can't apply for 2012 intake. Is this true? Could someone please shed some light on this aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
suya
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I completed my undergrad in 2010 and was accepted this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jamespb wrote:
I completed my undergrad in 2010 and was accepted this year.

:) Buddy, I was referring to Class of 2013 or basically the batch that commences in Sept-2012. Yours would be Sept-2011 commencement of programme/ Class of 2012. So, with my undergrad having ended in Nov-2010, and proper full time work ex started in Feb-2011, can I aim or eligible to apply in R2 for the target session? BTW big congrats on making it!!

Thanks and Regards,
Suya
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ah my mistake. In order to be eligible you need to have less than a year's worth of full time work experience. So if you continued working all the way up until you applied you wouldn't be allowed to take part. But I suppose you could stop working at the 12 month mark and pursue something else for a while, like volunteering or travelling? That would probably help your application in a way too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey man. m a student at BITS pilani. gonna give gmat this july and will be applying by nov. for batch of 2012.
i need to know some things in particular. plesae throw some light.
1.total cost(including living expense) during 11 monts + 3 months to find a job in london.
2.i have a very low cgpa - 5.8. will that be a problem.
3.the recco letters - ideally from where shud dey be and how should dey be drafted.(would be grateful to u guys if u can end me a sample)
4.essays? - again wud be nice if u could send me a sample.
5.placement - will i get stuck that i have to work in india all my life to repay the loan for mim. that wud be disaster.
6.how to get funding(scholoarship - if any) and also how to get bank loan( i mean when to apply for it and where - india or london and by what time ideally should i apply for the loan?
7.which are the other schools whose mim programs are comparable to lbs? i hear HEC paris, st gallons, escp aand duke are good) but do let em know if dey have similar placement opportunites.

i know it a long query post, but i m in dire need of these info. I m confident i can crack gmat ( half as tuf as compared to bitsat and iit jee). 700 score wont be a problem coz i have started prep and by july shud be o track. just need a good day. But the other things like cgpa, loan etc worry me coz i m from an avg indian middle class family and those are big steps for me.

Plz help me out. any info would be great.
Regards
Krishnan M Menon
krismm91@gmail dot com
+91-8233168404
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="krismm91"]hey man. m a student at BITS pilani. gonna give gmat this july and will be applying by nov. for batch of 2012.
i need to know some things in particular. plesae throw some light.
1.total cost(including living expense) during 11 monts + 3 months to find a job in london.
2.i have a very low cgpa - 5.8. will that be a problem.
3.the recco letters - ideally from where shud dey be and how should dey be drafted.(would be grateful to u guys if u can end me a sample)
4.essays? - again wud be nice if u could send me a sample.
5.placement - will i get stuck that i have to work in india all my life to repay the loan for mim. that wud be disaster.
6.how to get funding(scholoarship - if any) and also how to get bank loan( i mean when to apply for it and where - india or london and by what time ideally should i apply for the loan?
7.which are the other schools whose mim programs are comparable to lbs? i hear HEC paris, st gallons, escp aand duke are good) but do let em know if dey have similar placement opportunites.

i know it a long query post, but i m in dire need of these info. I m confident i can crack gmat ( half as tuf as compared to bitsat and iit jee). 700 score wont be a problem coz i have started prep and by july shud be o track. just need a good day. But the other things like cgpa, loan etc worry me coz i m from an avg indian middle class family and those are big steps for me.

Plz help me out. any info would be great.
Regards
Krishnan M Menon
krismm91@gmail dot com
+91-8233168404[/quote

:) Everything you want on a platter don't you. Point no 1-4 have been discussed at many points earlier in this thread or other LBS threads. I presume you didn't bother to sit down and do some homework. How about working for few years, and getting leverage from your BITS degree and then going in for MBA, with the aid of GMAT. I am sure you are aware of the fact that MIM isn't a substitute of MBA, and invariably down the line you have to do. No one can guarantee you a placement in London or other EU location. They are not a placement agency, you learn the skills and make the most out of it. Even if you come back to India, why do you doubt yourself to make good use of MIM. They definitely don't sell it as a passport to an international job. Rest is your take on this.

Thanks and Regards,
suya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Can international students apply to round 5? Also i passed out in July 2009 , am i eligible for MiM?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi
I am jai from India.just completed engineering in biotech with cgpa of abt 8.34
I do not hav any work exp.At the moment, i am preparing for GMAT,will giv it in sept.Aiming for LBS MiM 2012 programme
I want to know how much of a chance i stand if i get a GMAT score of about 700.My extra cirriculars are average.was an active elocutionist and quizzer in school.I also help my father with his pharmaceuticals business but not on a full time basis.
Also what would my job prospects be?Is this degree recognized everywhere in the world? Considering the downturn in the UK would i be eligible for jobs elsewhere like singapore,australia etc?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello,

I have a first class degree in Business and Management from Top-20 UK Universities. Also during my studies I prepared a Business plan, pitched it to Angel Investors, obtained funding, turned a profit, kept records, payed taxes and currently in the process of selling the company. GMAT to be given next month, but I am optimistic to get 700+.

My main interest lies in entrepreneurship and after my masters I want to join a start up company whose idea I believe in.

Do you think MIM will serve well for students interested in entrepreneurship? Is it easy to get in touch with good start up companies after the course?

Also will my entrepreneurship experience be treated as an extracurricular activity by the admission team?

With my profile will I be able to make a competitive application?

Thanx for doing this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT score 700. 5.7/10 cgpa.. loads of extra curriculars... and 3 internships.. have had a start up pf my own too.(but dint pay taxes.. so cant validate it with papers.. )... Any chance I can make it to HEC Paris or LBS... or should i retake.. gmat.. please reply asap.. i need to book a date before sept end.

Ty
Krishnan
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts