Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
langone2009 wrote:
9/30 should not be a problem at all. I think you just write the date in essay 4 and then be sure to fax them the unofficial score report you get as well as make sure the official scores are sent directly to Stern.

langone2009,
thanks so much for your advices!!! another question is that how i can explain the reason i haven't not taken the gmat by deadline. here's the reason: i took the gmat this Feburary this year and got 560 which was not acceptable. since then, i've been studying and improve my verbal skills.
do you think i can explain/tell them the truth? please advise! thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tt,
This is not a big deal and there is nothing to lie about. They will see all your scores (all your scores are listed on the official report), but only count the highest. Just say you are retaking your GMAT on September 30th and will foreward the new scores as soon as they are available, you do not need to make excuses or say anything more than that.
You should list the February score on that part of the application. Lots of people take it more than once and if you give them a specific date for retaking it they won't review your application until the new scores come in. While 560 is not in the 610-730 range it's not horrible and it looks good that you realize you can do better and are taking it again.
Don't lie and don't explain/make excuses, just list the facts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
tt - you should consider starting a new thread for spring 2011 applicants as there are many in the same boat as you are that can share their experiences.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Hello all! Pre-term is this weekend! Can you believe it? The time has flown by so fast here. I still remember creating this thread, worried that I would throw a question into an abyss and that it would remain unanswered for eternity.

Dramatic, I know.

I don't know if it would be wise to close up this forum, I certainly would like to leave it here for future applicants to use as it provides some pretty interesting first hand accounts of navigating through the admissions process as well as those interesting weeks before getting the "real" letter of admission. I would, though, like to encourage all to join the Langone Fall 2010 facebook group so that we can be incorporated into the greater community. There are some great discussions going on that I think all of us could contribute to at some level.

See you guys on Saturday!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi all,
i am applying for the PT langone program at NYU. the first required essay is about the short-term and long-term goals and the max words is 250. how could you write an essay explaining your goals in such a short essay? 250-words is the length of a paragraph...please share your experience!!! thanks!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
tt11234 wrote:
hi all,
i am applying for the PT langone program at NYU. the first required essay is about the short-term and long-term goals and the max words is 250. how could you write an essay explaining your goals in such a short essay? 250-words is the length of a paragraph...please share your experience!!! thanks!

What helped me was writing the essay without a word limit and then trimming and consolidating later on. Both of my essays were exactly 250 words which speaks to the fact that I made sure every word I used was actually functional. Just make sure that the message that you conveyed in 500+ words (the first draft) is the same message that is conveyed in 250 words.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi,
i did some research online and found out that people pay those agencies to reivse the essays and fix their resums for them to increase the chance of being accepted. is such actions recommended? also, some people said that they spent 3 months to write the essays. i wonder how much time, in general, an applicant will spend on writing the essays...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
tt11234 wrote:
hi,
i did some research online and found out that people pay those agencies to reivse the essays and fix their resums for them to increase the chance of being accepted. is such actions recommended? also, some people said that they spent 3 months to write the essays. i wonder how much time, in general, an applicant will spend on writing the essays...

I personally do not think it is necessary to get an agency to revise the essays. I spent a few hours writing each draft, and then would make corrections every few days. I had my husband look it over and make suggestions, as well. I think I continued this process for about 1 month of just looking at it with fresh ideas and making modifications. It is less painful, and I feel more productive, as opposed to sitting for 10 hours one day just writing and re-writing essays. I was accepted for fall 2010, so this process worked for me. I hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anybody know if it's harder to get into the Fall or Spring semester at NYU? I know Spring has less spots, but do less people also apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
This has been an interesting read! I am a Fall 2011 Langone Applicant. Thanks to the moderator for keeping this thread open!

I havent been able to find a thread for PT Applicants for Fall 2011. Does one exist? I hav eno problem starting one, but I dont want to create a dupe if one already exists....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Send PM
You can go to :
nyu-part-time-fall-2011-applicants-108599.html

Fall 2011 applicants are networking there.
Good luck!

Regards,
Sameer
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31