Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
made it :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got waitlisted as well... but my gmat was quite low and the interviewer also hinted on that..so retake is in the making

so i guess i will retake or take up the offer of either Duke MMS or LSE MiM..
any ideas which is better? i want to work in US, but also want to be able to research.

good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Clearly LSE Master in Management and Strategy is better ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:LBS, LSE, SSE, RSM
Send PM
jianbinger: were you aiming for Europe, Edvarts would get away with his clearness, but since your goal is to work in the US, i'd simply talk to career services of both schools and HR departments of your target companies. what i've read on many occasions is that it's quite hard to get a job across the ocean from where you got your education because of weaker connections and lobbying etc. not to mention the fact that LSE is not a business school, so it would again depend on where you actually want to work sector-wise. even the adcom of LBS admitted that it is very hard to place students in the US and those that seek this path are advised to target a company in London and then simply change office after some time and experience gained. therefore i'd say it really boils down to where you want to start and what the parties mentioned above tell you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
just submitted for r4, and the wait begins...

for those who were interviewed and admitted, how did you prepare for the interview?

what were you asked?

what recommendations would you make now that you have had your interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Anyone applying to round 5?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for the clarification. well, as a person in the midst of US immigration, i see Duke better fit for my future.. looking forward to Team Fuqua and the opportunities of MMS

LSE 2 yrs is too long for me and most students at LSE and LBS stay in the EU to work, mainly in London. there are very few who go to US..

about LBS interview, i got a lot on how to work in teams, what makes a good team and how to correct the team flow if a member does not contribute too well. some leadership questions in general, aiming to see your ideas on what leading and working in teams means.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys. I just got interview invitation so I thought I'd share with u. I applied in R4 and now waiting to get details about the interview.

My profile
From Slovakia, lived in USA and now in London, very diverse experiences
male, 22
BA Honours Business Management, predicted First Class (top grades, within top 10% if the class)
Fluent in 4 languages
Over 2 years work experience as assistant manager in small business (lots of team work and leadership experiences)
Lots of extracurricular activities including some valuable sport achievements
GMAT 620 (Q47, V29) retaking this in summer because I massed up the verbal part. was my first attempt.
I guess they really look at the whole application because my GMAT is not strong.

Anyone else about to have the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FilipLondon wrote:
Hi guys. I just got interview invitation so I thought I'd share with u. I applied in R4 and now waiting to get details about the interview.

My profile
From Slovakia, lived in USA and now in London, very diverse experiences
male, 22
BA Honours Business Management, predicted First Class (top grades, within top 10% if the class)
Fluent in 4 languages
Over 2 years work experience as assistant manager in small business (lots of team work and leadership experiences)
Lots of extracurricular activities including some valuable sport achievements
GMAT 620 (Q47, V29) retaking this in summer because I massed up the verbal part. was my first attempt.
I guess they really look at the whole application because my GMAT is not strong.

Anyone else about to have the interview?

Hi Filip!
Yes, I too was sent an interview invitation, exactly 5 days ago. Still ecstatic from the news, as the program is my first choice by far! :banana I applied in the last half-hour of R4.
I have yet to receive a confirmation of the date and the name of the alumnus/a who will interview me.
Keeping myself busy, writing my senior thesis (I know, great distraction haha), but it's so difficult to focus! :rotate
Have you been given a date for your interview yet?

Thibs
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi Elthibs, I got my interview details and it was suppose to be on monday but that is exactly the day I have my final exam so can't make it and had to reschedule. Don't know the new details yet. But it will be with adcom at the campus.
Where you from? share your profile!

I am so excited too! Can't stop thinking about it. it's my top choice as well!!!!

F
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good to know you received your interview details, even though the date didn't suit you... at least things are moving forward! I am still waiting for information on my appointment. I heard it can take up to two weeks, so still keeping my cool.

I'm from France, male, 21, Bachelor in Business Administration (no major/minor system but best described as international management/ finance), predicted high 2:1 equivalent, GMAT 660 (Q42, V39, AWA 6). Semester exchange in the US, though GPA wasn't stellar -as often happens with exchanges hehe. Fluent in both French and English, advanced in Spanish, beginner in Arabic and Chinese. I spent 13 years outside of France in various countries and have traveled a lot. I grew up in "expatriate" environments so I'm familiar with many cultures. About a year of professional experience as different internships abroad, including real estate services and non-profit. Many extracurricular activities: music-related, school-related, clubs, personal, which relate quite well to what I'd like to do professionally.

So what do you think of interviewing with adcom as compared to with an alumnus/a? Also, did you grow up in the US?

Good luck studying for your final finals!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I am also on the excruciating wait for the interview details! Decisions will be sent out in only 2 Weeks...

Here is my profile:
25, Female, born and raised in Brazil. I studied BA in Communication Science in Munich, Germany, with an 1,7 average grade (aprox. 3,7 GPA).
German and Portuguese as native-language, fluent in English, basics in French.
Some work experience from internships in marketing and public relations. I started an PR internship last year, but soon realized that it is not for me.
GMAT 700 (Q47, V38) and 112 on my iBTOEFL

Hope to hear the Interview details soon. Last minute Tickets to London from here are very expensive!

I am definitely going to London in the fall. Already heard back from another College, but LBS is my top choice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so I just got my interview details! Wednesday! to be honest I'm looking forward to it. just hope everything will go well.

about the adcom interviewing me - I kind of expected it since I live in London and knew I was going to be going to campus for the interview. At the end of the day adcoms r the ones doing to final decision but on the other hand she doesn't have very similar background to mines neither works in industry I want to go into. So let's see how it goes!

What about you guys? any news in Germany and France?

And no I didn't grow up in USA, spent there some time during High School for study abroad programme.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes! Got my info yesterday: I will be interviewing on campus with adcom on Thursday morning. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. I booked my Eurostar ticket for an arrival early Wednesday afternoon, to be ready and well-rested for the interview...interested in meeting up after your interview? Good luck with your preparation! (And that goes for everyone here.)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also got my interview details! I will be Interviewing on campus Thursday early afternoon. Already booked flight and hotel.

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will meet in September =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
just had my interview last night, think it went well, we'll find out tomorrow!

best of luck to all other round 4 applicants!

(fyi my profile is a few pages back on this thread)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Can you please evaluate--
My Profile:
GMAT: 720
AWA: 5.5
Bachelors in Engineering (Civil)
Percentage: 79