Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: Clueless how I got a 750(Q-50,V-44) [#permalink]
Paulrichards wrote:
gmatgunner wrote:
Hey Paul,
How did you manage Probability ? I'm struggling with it big-time ? How many questions did you get from probaility and P and C ?

Frankly speaking, I didn't bother much with Probability and Permutations and combinations. It was too much headache to be taken. I had started with those chapters but somewhere I realized that it's just too difficult for me to handle.

Thanks,but don't you think that it is too much of risj altogether to skip such a vast area. And you didn't answer how many questions did you get on the GMAT from PnC and probability.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatgunner wrote:
Paulrichards wrote:
gmatgunner wrote:
Hey Paul,
How did you manage Probability ? I'm struggling with it big-time ? How many questions did you get from probaility and P and C ?

Frankly speaking, I didn't bother much with Probability and Permutations and combinations. It was too much headache to be taken. I had started with those chapters but somewhere I realized that it's just too difficult for me to handle.

Thanks,but don't you think that it is too much of risj altogether to skip such a vast area. And you didn't answer how many questions did you get on the GMAT from PnC and probability.

I think that whether you should skip a topic or not is something you have to decide for yourself. I wasn't very comfortable with PnC so that's why i devoted my time and energy in becoming better at other areas. I don't remember exactly how many questions did I get from p&c but I think surely not more than 3.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Great score congrats.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
fantastic score.. :) congratulations ..
good luck for your future..!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
djabhi wrote:
fantastic score.. :) congratulations ..
good luck for your future..!

Thanks. Good luck to you too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Well done and congratulations. It's probably the most systematic debrief which I have read. Thanks for the guidance on the books to refer and the strategy to follow ! Grateful! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hustler22 wrote:
Well done and congratulations. It's probably the most systematic debrief which I have read. Thanks for the guidance on the books to refer and the strategy to follow ! Grateful! :)

My pleasure! All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
This is funny. Just now I was reading on another post how can luck destroy you on the GMAT and here is a person who seems to have luck on his side. Paul, any tips ,mantras I could use or chant to make the God of luck(if there's any) happy ? :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
This is funny. Just now I was reading on another post how can luck destroy you on the GMAT and here is a person who seems to have luck on his side. Paul, any tips ,mantras I could use or chant to make the God of luck(if there's any) happy ? :-D

Yeah I'll give you one the "Gayatri Mantra/Heart Sutra" :wink:

Apart fro this, actually I also observed that ROI on devoting time to PnC is not that spectacular (if I rememebr correctly I did not had a single Q from PnC on D day!).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:
invincibleforce wrote:

Apart fro this, actually I also observed that ROI on devoting time to PnC is not that spectacular (if I rememebr correctly I did not had a single Q from PnC on D day!).

Hehe. Thanks. Btw, you are going to apply to schools with the score which you already have or are you planning to retake the exam.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
yogesh1984 wrote:
invincibleforce wrote:

Hehe. Thanks. Btw, you are going to apply to schools with the score which you already have or are you planning to retake the exam.

Hmm .. I've been going back & forth on that issue but guess I'll give it another shot! (esp. because I am keen on getting a scholarship & admission only to a very premier institute 8-) - I do not know why I am so rigid on my choice though :wink: ) ....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:

Hmm .. I've been going back & forth on that issue but guess I'll give it another shot! (esp. because I am keen on getting a scholarship & admission only to a very premier institute 8-) - I do not know why I am so rigid on my choice though :wink: ) ....

Oh I see, but as far as I know the premier schools don't get any scholarship .Do they ? I have not heard the top 10 schools offering any scholarship. Have just heard that Darden is the most generous but not other. The thumb rule is that the lower you come down the rankings the better your chances of landing up with a scholarship are.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
yogesh1984 wrote:

Oh I see, but as far as I know the premier schools don't get any scholarship .Do they ? I have not heard the top 10 schools offering any scholarship. Have just heard that Darden is the most generous but not other. The thumb rule is that the lower you come down the rankings the better your chances of landing up with a scholarship are.

I don't know for sure, but top 3 schools actually show good proportions of students getting scholarship (refering purely to the stats provided on their webportals)... may be some admist can throw some light on this topic!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Paulrichards wrote:
Hey guys, took the GMAT today and am absolutely ecstatic on getting a 750(Q-50,V-44).

great story and score. i will try to work on the RC 99 as you suggested.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:

I don't know for sure, but top 3 schools actually show good proportions of students getting scholarship (refering purely to the stats provided on their webportals)... may be some admist can throw some light on this topic!

I have gone through the websites of most of the top schools and though they mention about the various fellowship programs they have but haven't come across any page which gives the statistics for the proportion of people landing up with these fellowships. Can you please share the link? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Even I couldn't find any pages which show the percentages of candidates who get scholarships at the top schools in the US. However, I did manage to find the percentage for INSEAD which is around 20%. That means around 180 students in the current batch got financial aid from the school .The figure is not bad . I have attached the financial aid document for INSEAD.
Attachments

FinancingyourMBA.pdf [1.15 MiB]
Downloaded 77 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
therock wrote:
Even I couldn't find any pages which show the percentages of candidates who get scholarships at the top schools in the US. However, I did manage to find the percentage for INSEAD which is around 20%. That means around 180 students in the current batch got financial aid from the school .The figure is not bad . I have attached the financial aid document for INSEAD.

Thanks for the document. Any idea about HEC ,Paris ? Couldn't find data about that school also
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts