Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
I got in! Abiloka, sorry to hear the news. Sounds like you have other good options to study in London though... And Filip, hang in there, you might just make it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Pratikgoyal,

I have been accepted to Kingston University and University of Westminster (both MA in Marketing) and as of today also to the MiM at Cass Business School. I am still waiting to hear from Warwick and King's College.

Congratulations Elthibs! And hang in there Filip!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to all who got accepted!

I am having another meeting at LBS, this time with Career Services. It's gonna be at the end of next week and just then they will make the final decision!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

I am Aditya from India. I am planning to apply to MiM 2012 program. I am yet to take the GMAT. Do I also need to take IELTS ? The application dates are yest to be released for MiM right ? Cause I find many of you posting about interviews and applications being accepted. Here is my profile:

Xth: 92%

XIIth: 85%

College: IIIT-Hyderabad

Degree: B. Tech Honors in ECE

GPA: 8.3

Extra-Curics: Founding Team Member of College Newsletter
Working for start up NPO that mobilises finds for NGOs and MFIs
Class Representative of college ECE Batch for 2 years
Participation in Debates and Quizes during School; some minor prizes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Aditya,

Unfortunately, the application deadline for the last round (round 5) for the MiM 2012 class was 8 days ago. If you mean you wish to apply in 2012 (so for the MiM 2013 class), then you're good and indeed no dates have been released yet.

Here's a quick overview of what you need to be able to apply. You'll need a CV, your transcripts, a GMAT score above 600 (that's the minimum, but try above 650 for safety), a good TOEFL score (or IELTS or Cambridge), two reference letters (ideally one academic and one pro) and very solid essays. Once you get high enough test scores, the essays are absolutely key. They can get you in with a 600 GMAT or keep you out with a 750. In the interview, all you talk about is how your past experiences are being and going to be used to propel you towards your future goals, and how LBS can help you in that process. This, as well as how you are different from other applicants (hint: use lots of details and specifics), must be completely clear in your essays so that admissions will want to meet you in person. The program is very career-oriented, so soul-searching in that area must occur before you apply.

Hope this helps! :)

Thibs
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 [#permalink]
deleted

Originally posted by omnikey on 14 Jun 2011, 07:32.
Last edited by omnikey on 24 Apr 2015, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got waitlisted! :S anyone else on wl? anyone has any information what a chance is to get offer from wl?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ADITYA, U CAN STILL APPLY FOR CLASS OF 2012..THEY ARE ACCEPTING LATE APPLICATIONS FOR ANOTHER WEEK..BUT U WILL HAVE TO TAKE GMAT WITHIN A WEEK AND MAIL THEM. HOPE THAT HELPS. GOOD LUCK.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got shortlisted :) now waiting for the interview dates! good luck guys!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I got an offer from the waitlist, so there is a chance!!

But now need to decide betwen Duke MMS and LBS mim..

I want to everntually work in the US. I am a EU citizen, but also US immigrant..

thnks for any insight
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I made it!!! Got offer after being waitlisted! So excited! See you guys in September!!! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied in the final round and completed the interview.

Here is what the admission team sent to me on 14 July 2011 (i.e. the final decision date)

Dear XXX,

I am writing to inform you that your admissions decision has been delayed. The Admissions Committee does apologise for the inconvenience. We will be in touch as soon as possible to confirm your final decision, most certainly within the next few days. Please do rest assured that this will not impact the final outcome of your application in any way.

Please receive our apologies once again and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Anyone been in the same situation before?

Thanks a million!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FilipLondon wrote:
I made it!!! Got offer after being waitlisted! So excited! See you guys in September!!! :lol:

Congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi matthew.

I received similar email but they put my application on hold because they wanted to discuss some specific point of my application. So I had another meeting then.

However I know there have been situations like yours. I think they are only running late and need more time to review everything. So just hang in there! Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FilipLondon wrote:
Hi matthew.

I received similar email but they put my application on hold because they wanted to discuss some specific point of my application. So I had another meeting then.

However I know there have been situations like yours. I think they are only running late and need more time to review everything. So just hang in there! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, thank you for your reply! Wish me best luck and hope we may catch up again this sep!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FilipLondon wrote:
Hi matthew.

one more thing, the email said that "Please do rest assured that this will not impact the final outcome of your application in any way." Does it mean the final outcome has already been there, but it may go through some kind of further procedure? or does it mean a waiting list?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it's neither of those two. If you were waitlisted it would have said so. I think they haven't reviewed all applications and still have some to go through. So that's what causing delay.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts