Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Antmavel for the summary of Chinese schools.

NYU provides this description of CEIBS

https://www.stern.nyu.edu/mba/international/CEIBS.htm
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Note that there are accredited business schools in Hong Kong including the Chinese Univ of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, and HKUST.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEIBS [#permalink]
Hi all,

I had applied to CEIBS for MBA program. I have a strong engineering background and have 3 years of experience in IT Industry. I intend to do majors in Finance. Recently I got a notification from CEIBS saying that I have been short-listed for CEIBS MBA programme. (I have got admit from AIM Manila, CUHK and HKU too!)

I am looking for 3 things through CEIBS MBA program:
(1) Diverse alumni network
(2) Quality education, international experience & expertise in Finance
- Would be learning about 2 market economies (China & EU) at one go.
(3) Placement in Shanghai/HK, which will expose me to international
financial markets

In that context, I wanted more info regarding job placements. Do
companies in china/HK/Singapore prefer mainland chinese students to
international students? Is is true that international students have
tough time finding jobs/summer internship in China/HK? Please help.

Thanks!
Regards,
Mooz
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Information on CEIBS seems a bit sparse but the school provides the following information:

The percentage of international students is quite low even by US standards (c. 19%). However, like the US, China is a large country with high levels of internal cultural diversity so it is unclear if the percentage of intl. students is particularly meaningful.

CEIBS asserts that 99% of students find employment within 3 months of graduation.

It says that it is one of the first business schools in the region with a dedicated career development office

CEIBS is one of the few schools in the region to qualify under the UK's Highly Skilled Migrant Programme MBA Provision

https://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/pre_budge ... _admba.cfm
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Value Considerations

Tuition: $25,000 (International Students for all 18 months)

https://www.ceibs.edu/mba/admissions/exp ... ndex.shtml
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1212 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All these Chinese MBA schools - CEIBS, Beijing, Tsinghua, Fudan, and many more - provide IMBA programs (MBA in English) now.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, there are many programs in China offered in English. Most, however, have little global name recognition and are not accredited by the major intl. organizations. This does not mean that they are inferior programs but is worth keeping in mind.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
My relatives just alerted me to this school, apparenlty CEIBS is pretty hot right now in China. I just went to their website, looks quite interesting.

Am thinking of applying it this year.

Gamjatang, I could be your classmate! :wink:

But again, as Hjort said, I'm a little skeptical about the recognition the school has from int'l organizations. I think if you are willing to relocate and move to Asia to work, this might work for you. However, if you are planning to stay in N. America, maybe a US school is a better choice.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I dont know...I don't think it's worth it and except the 99%, I dont see any strong advantage. I think this program is suitable for chinese citizens or people with chinese origins that wish to come back to china and work for multinationals. If you belong to that pool, it is a very good track, if not i have a lot of doubts about it. Moreover as a business leader, you can't be 100% sure that your life will be in China forever which means that generally speaking you should be careful when choosing a very specific and specialized MBA that could not be very helpful if your career had made a u-turn

Originally posted by Antmavel on 24 Jan 2006, 21:29.
Last edited by Antmavel on 24 Jan 2006, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Antmavel wrote:
I dont know...I don't think it's worth it and except the 99%, I dont see any strong advantage. I think this program is suitable for chinese citizens or people with chinese origins that wish to come back to china and work for multinationals.

That would be me :) But I'm still skeptical just because I have yet to figure out what I really want to do.

I think ultimately it all boils down to: Where do you want to be? in 10, 15, 20 years? Geographically. If the answer is Asia, then CEIBS would obviously be a good choice.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
so i wish you good luck
did you have a look on other mba's in china ?

if you can speak chinese, did you check Tsinghua or Fudan ? I am pretty sure they offer a great degree too, however the employers may only be chinese companies so it depends on which structure and kind of companies you would like to work

I hesitated but I finally chose to only apply in the US. It was a personal choice and also because I am neither chinese nor foreigner with chinese origins, so the CEIBS MBA would not have been suitable in terms of future placement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
I practically grew up here in the US so I'm not sure what it would be like to work/live in China/Asia. Scary :? My ultimate goal is still to stay in So Cal but we'll see...

But from the CEIBS's website, seems like alot of Fortune 500's China counterparts are recruiting...Nestle, Apple, IBM etc....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1212 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
TeHCM wrote:
My relatives just alerted me to this school, apparenlty CEIBS is pretty hot right now in China. I just went to their website, looks quite interesting.

Am thinking of applying it this year.

Gamjatang, I could be your classmate! :wink:

But again, as Hjort said, I'm a little skeptical about the recognition the school has from int'l organizations. I think if you are willing to relocate and move to Asia to work, this might work for you. However, if you are planning to stay in N. America, maybe a US school is a better choice.

Yep. Hope we could be classmates :-)

I was born in Asia, raised in Asia, and works in Asia.
That's why I chose Chinese B-schools.
I guess things might be different to you.

Anyways, CEIBS ranked FT #21 this year.

:-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also consider Beijing International MBA (Bimba) [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I got admitted to a top MBA program in China : the Beijing International MBA (Bimba) at Peking University. This program belongs to Peking University, the most famous in China. The MBA degree is granted by Fordham University (AACSB) and recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

Rankings :
- 1st in "most valuable school in China" (Fortune, chinese version)
- 1st in "Business school with the highest full-time program graduates' incomes in China" (Fortune, chinese version)
- 2nd in "the most valuable program in China" (Forbes, chinese version)

Main features :
- program taught in english
- 18 months program with 3 month internship
- 2 concentrations : general management or finance
- Chinese business focus
- small classes : 50 students
- intake : mid-june 2006
- all multinationals companies in China come to recruit on campus : consulting, finance, manufacturing...

More details : https://www.bimba.edu.cn

Cheers,

Mickael, Beijing
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mcflybreizh

Congratulation, friend~!!! :)

I'm also in China now and may consider a Chinese B-school in future ( up to my budget then). Is the requirement of Peking univ's MBA very high?!! Can you share with us your profile?!! Thank you so much!!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
mcflybreizh,

Thanks for the info. on the Beijing International MBA. Did you consider CEIBS as well?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
The requirements for Bimba are the same as in the top US B-schools. It is very competitive for chinese students, I do not know for international applicants. You have to go through an interview. The most important is to explain why you want to get a MBA in China and why Bimba which offers a china-focus program.

My stats :
- european student
- Master degree in international business
- no GPA but my grades are equivalent to B
- 3 years of work experience in international sales in small companies
- GMAT : have not taken yet

Hjort : I did not consider CEIBS for personal reasons : I wanted to relocate myself only in Beijing. I have heard really good things about CEIBS.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2