Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Re: E-GMAT vs GMATPILL [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
I haven't used gmat pill, but I would definitely recommend egmat, esp for SC. I liked their bricks to wall approach. You should definitely try out the free subscription package.

Should not you be getting ready for the GMAT? :wink:
Good Luck!

Hi bb, thanks for the wishes. I postphoned the exam by a month. :)
And for smart people like you, I changed my status also. :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
mattapraveen wrote:
bb wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
I haven't used gmat pill, but I would definitely recommend egmat, esp for SC. I liked their bricks to wall approach. You should definitely try out the free subscription package.

Should not you be getting ready for the GMAT? :wink:
Good Luck!

Hi bb, thanks for the wishes. I postponed the exam by a month. :)
And for smart people like you, I changed my status also. :)

Ha-ha. Nice. Thanks!
Good Luck on the 6th!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation mattapraveen. I started the Level 1 Preview - the verb-ing,ed modifier section. It shows it as Level 2. What is the start point in E-GMAT? If I buy the package should I start with Level 1 or first finish the Level 1 preview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhicoolmax wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation mattapraveen. I started the Level 1 Preview - the verb-ing,ed modifier section. It shows it as Level 2. What is the start point in E-GMAT? If I buy the package should I start with Level 1 or first finish the Level 1 preview?

D-Day Sep 12, 2011 -- Target - 750 (I chickened out and decided to take few steps back - postponed the test by 3 weeks; work doesn't make it easier.) I think we are in the same boat. I too postphoned my exam by 4 weeks. :)

I dont exactly recall the sequence of the course, you should better contact their customer care. They are very responsive and come back to you pretty soon. If I am not wrong, level 1 preview is free subscription and to access level 1,2 and 3, you will need to pay for package.

As I see that you are in the final days of the prep, check out the grockit website also. They have tons of questions, both in verbal and Q. But the Q on gmat club tests are far more representative of the real gmat than grockit. Presently I am doing the gmat club tests.

Any good resources you are referring to???? Esp for Verbal??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
abhicoolmax wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:

As I see that you are in the final days of the prep, check out the grockit website also. They have tons of questions, both in verbal and Q. But the Q on gmat club tests are far more representative of the real gmat than grockit. Presently I am doing the gmat club tests.

Any good resources you are referring to???? Esp for Verbal??

I have reviewed MGMAT SC a couple of times but I think I have dyslexia :p. I know the rules individually but when I am presented with an amalgamation of all these freaking rules, I get side tracked and get totally confused. So I am planning to take my time and thoroughly go over E-GMAT SC this weekend and later this week after work, one concept at a time, and next week if I have still not mastered the strategies, I will use GMATPILL for the strategies. I loved the reviews for GMATPILL. It seems like a great Strategy guide (check this review gmat-pill-study-method-recommended-93417.html#p737885). I will buy the GMATPILL as well and seriously considering going over the SC part next week. Now, I have to nail these SCs - it's not just for GMAT but also good knowledge to have under the belt.

Also in parallel or sequential (will decide as I proceed), for CR I plan to review my Powerscore SC again and go over some of the E-GMAT/GMATPILL strategies to see how I can improving my timing.

Moreover, for RC, I think I have figured out the strategy that works for me. I read the passage carefully with extreme focus on the beginning of each paragraph and the last couple of line of the last paragraph. Also I make a deliberate attempt to get a big picture of the passage, using suggestions from the Powerscore book. Then simply answer the Global reference questions by NOT coming back to the passage and Specific/Concept reference question by coming back to the passage. So far, this has been working for me in RC. I will continue mastering this strategy by practicing 2-4 RCs everyday.

Anybody else has any advice for me? Is there a flaw in this plan; will it work? Am I over-reacting to SCs? Is doing both E-GMAT and GMATPILL in 2 weeks a bad idea or a good idea? Any response will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thats too much of info in too less time. I personally feel, you will get tangled in more rules of SC. May be choose one and spend quality time on it. I am also referring to Power score RC and CR. But,more than RC, CR has been very helpful!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
Thats too much of info in too less time. I personally feel, you will get tangled in more rules of SC. May be choose one and spend quality time on it. I am also referring to Power score RC and CR. But,more than RC, CR has been very helpful!!

Thanks man for the suggestion. I have not decided on GMATPILL yet - though it is always an alternative - I think you are right about spending quality time. I plan to spend as much time as I need with E-GMAT SC. Does E-GMAT also focus on timing? So far, it seems as if they focus a lot on concepts, but no doubt very focused and targeted to GMAT quality. But it's definitely fun to watch the video and the following drills. I learned new thing just from the 1st preview level :). I will make up mind whether GMATPILL or E-GMAT by the end of the preview levels.

What about E-GMAT CR? Would you mind sharing your perspective on E-GMAT CR?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
abhicoolmax wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:

Thanks man for the suggestion. I have not decided on GMATPILL yet - though it is always an alternative - I think you are right about spending quality time. I plan to spend as much time as I need with E-GMAT SC. Does E-GMAT also focus on timing? So far, it seems as if they focus a lot on concepts, but no doubt very focused and targeted to GMAT quality. But it's definitely fun to watch the video and the following drills. I learned new thing just from the 1st preview level :). I will make up mind whether GMATPILL or E-GMAT by the end of the preview levels.

What about E-GMAT CR? Would you mind sharing your perspective on E-GMAT CR?

Thanks.

There are no specific slides on time management in e-gmat sc. But practicing more and more questions with their logic does help in narrowing down the error easy. BUT warn you, initially the process of answering through egmat process is very lengthy. But, once you get used to it, it helps your thought process to work in a structured way.

Yes, I did subscribe to egmat cr. But, I felt more comfortable with the power score bible. I was doing good with their strategies, so didnt want to change. In line with the sc, cr course makes you diagramme the CR questions and then attack the answers. Not sure, if they have free subscription for that. Some people who are weak in CR, this course will help a lot. I was doing fine in cr, so didnt feel the need to change my game plan.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
There are no specific slides on time management in e-gmat sc. But practicing more and more questions with their logic does help in narrowing down the error easy. BUT warn you, initially the process of answering through egmat process is very lengthy. But, once you get used to it, it helps your thought process to work in a structured way.

Yes, I did subscribe to egmat cr. But, I felt more comfortable with the power score bible. I was doing good with their strategies, so didnt want to change. In line with the sc, cr course makes you diagramme the CR questions and then attack the answers. Not sure, if they have free subscription for that. Some people who are weak in CR, this course will help a lot. I was doing fine in cr, so didnt feel the need to change my game plan.

Thanks man for you help. I thought through this, and I think I will stick to e-gmat SC for SC - that's about it.

Man, I just signed up for e-gmat SC and Grockit membership. They sent me a study plan, a best practices guide and a Grockit membership. I think, this is EXACTLY the kind of Crash Course on SC I was looking for. I never felt so excited about my preparation. Hope in 2 weeks, I am close to there where I have been dreaming! This is the final attempt towards improving my GMAT score.

I am sure GMATPILL SC is also good, maybe better, but honestly I don't care now, as I am running out of time, and I need to make my pick and stick with one. I just took a gamble with e-gmat as it says "tailored for non-native speakers" and so-far I liked it. Anyways, hope this works out for me.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Would GMATPILL or E-GMAT work for me? [#permalink]
well GMATPILL or E-GMAT. which one is better. As I have enrolled for E-GMAT.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi abhicoolmax and others,

Thanks for your interest in GMATPill. Obviously, we don't think there even is a comparison here.

You mentioned being a non-native speaker. Well, I invite you to listen to this non-native English speaker and find out about how he found us on Businessweek and invested in GMAT Pill, earning him a $50,000 MBA scholarship.

Or see this honest Indian explain his success.

The best way to evaluate our program, of course, is to watch our FREE sample videos and see if they match your learning style.
https://www.gmatpill.com/admissionsconsu ... ample.html

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I would highly recommend GMAT Pill and am currently putting together a video testimonial for it. Zeke's short cuts and tips for approaching problems were incredibly beneficial and helped me reach my goal score. The Sentence Completion pill is great for helping you identify easy ways to narrow down answer choices and the other pills provide similarly helpful info. Definitely try the GMAT Pill!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
abhicoolmax - just wanted to know if e-gmat was helpful for you. I am thinking about buying e-gmat SC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am using e-gmat complete verbal course, and i must say that I have improved my SC skills significantly!
GMAT Club Bot