Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 814 [29]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [5]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Yale SOM
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Re: FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup [#permalink]
D it is.

The problem scope is Syrups and their sales. Even sale of few bottles would contribute to the profit.

Crick
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup [#permalink]
Kudos
sophin wrote:
I still have trouble understanding this question, obviously I understand d can weaken the argument, but what about A,if "People generally buy it only a few times", the store can't achieve its sales goal...

The answer is D.

A) doesn't weaken the argument because the statement doesn't talk about buying regular vs low cal syrup. The statement mentions that people buy syrup a few times, but doesn't mention the type of syrup (regular or low cal) that people prefer / buy. Thus, it doesn't provide any clues about which type of syrup the convenience store should stock to maximize profitability.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Straight D.

The best way to maximize sales, given the two options, is to stock with low cal sizzurp, since both high and low cal loyalists will buy it. Stocking with regular sizzurp would be a mistake since it will attract only regular lovers and will be rejected by low cal fans.

Cheers,
Der alte Fritz.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1305 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GPA: 3.82
WE:Account Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
if people can buy low calorie syrup and are not reluctant enough to deny the purchase then it means that low calorie syrup will be sold at any cost(whether it's asked in the first go or not by people )
+1 for (D)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos