Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.92
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.92
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request for NUS/NTU Singapore [#permalink]
Expert Reply
enigma88 wrote:
jenniferbloom wrote:
enigma88 wrote:
A brief profile
X-90.2% (CBSE)
XII-80.8% (CBSE)
Undergraduate- B.tech (ECE) -8.46/10 cgpa
Presently working as software engineer with IT firm from past 1 yr in Buisness Intelligence unit which
Deals with BSM(Business System Modernization) projects.
Achievements :
School Captain in class XII
Have played table tennis at state level ,Got scholarship award for table tennis in college and have won many accolades at school , college level. Presently play for my firm at corporate tournaments.
Part of toastmasters group and VOY (Voice of youth) forum at the IT firm
As part of VOY initiative I am one of the creative heads of a magazine which is published on monthly basis.
One of the important aspect of being part of VOY core team is to act as bridge between employees and senior management.

I am also open to US and European schools I will be taking GMAT in second week of Oct .
Want to apply for fall '12

You sound like you have some great activity and leadership in your background but I do feel you need to gather more of that experience in the workplace as well. The average incoming student at both NUS and NTU has over 5 years of experience, compared to your 1 year. I recommend you continue working for now and when you have 4 years of experience, apply. You'll need a GMAT of around 670 at that point for both of these programs (if their averages stay stable).

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for your response, appreciate it.
Actually I am bent upon doing an MBA by next year. I will have 2 yrs of work ex by June next year. So what do you think are my chances in the mentioned colleges with 2 yrs work ex?
Would be great if you can suggest some alternatives.

I believe it is going to be difficult for you to demonstrate the kind of business insight, leadership experience, and knowledge that applicants with 5 years of experience will be bringing to the classroom. But you are the best judge of that. If you feel you have gained a high level of experience and knowledge, then next year may be the right time for you to pursue the MBA. You just need to prove that the programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Jennifer ,

I have given my GMAT on 19th october 2011. Score-700, AWA-5.5.
I have got 4+ years of experience in pharama Analytics company (Parent company COGNIZANT) and presently working as a Sr Business Analyst. I have got two promotons in my company
I am B.Tech from NIT with grades 8.29/10.
No Onsite opportunity so far.
Extra curriculars - Represented college cricket team, Captain of brach cricket team and have played under 14 state level cricket tournament. Additionally , i have won 2-3 Quiz competitions and was a member of cultural society in college. No community service :(.
I want to change my profile to finance post MBA.
Pleas evaluate my profile and LMK if this is suitable for NUS/NTS. I am even thinking of applying to HKUST.
Pleas give me an order of college where my chances are greatest.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anshul31 wrote:
Hi Jennifer ,

I have given my GMAT on 19th october 2011. Score-700, AWA-5.5.
I have got 4+ years of experience in pharama Analytics company (Parent company COGNIZANT) and presently working as a Sr Business Analyst. I have got two promotons in my company
I am B.Tech from NIT with grades 8.29/10.
No Onsite opportunity so far.
Extra curriculars - Represented college cricket team, Captain of brach cricket team and have played under 14 state level cricket tournament. Additionally , i have won 2-3 Quiz competitions and was a member of cultural society in college. No community service :(.
I want to change my profile to finance post MBA.
Pleas evaluate my profile and LMK if this is suitable for NUS/NTS. I am even thinking of applying to HKUST.
Pleas give me an order of college where my chances are greatest.

Your chances at NUS and Nanyang seem strong to me. Don't think of yourself as having no community service: think of your sports involvement as building community.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile as well.

10th Boards- 83%
12th Boards- 70.15%
Represented my school in the All India Skating Competition in Faridabad.

I completed my Industrial Engineering in May 2013 from Nagpur University with 69.10% (Highest scorer did not have more than 83%). While in college, I actively participated in the extra curricular activities.
  • Secretary of OASIS-Entrepreneurship Development Cell
  • initiated a new event in the national annual cultural festival event which turned out to be a successful yearly event
  • in-charge of events of the Industrial-branch installation
  • active member of National Service Scheme (NSS) organizing blood donation camps, donation drive for orphanage, etc.
  • Member of Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering
  • Instruments In-charge in the Music Club
  • Represented Industrial branch in the inter-branch Badminton and Table Tennis Tournament
  • Won the inter-branch Music Competition

My total work experience is of 19 months- After graduation, I worked in Accenture for 11 months as the Associate Software Engineer (ASE). Since June 2014, I have been into my family business and am handling the logistics operations of our 38 heavy vehicles for completing the one client's job. This client is Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and is very satisfied with the quality and timely completion of the work undertaken by our company under my supervision.

Other activities:
  • Board member of Leo Club (Child of Lions Club International)
  • Member of the Art of Living Group
  • Organize my Community functions and events

Hobbies:
  • Playing guitar
  • Singing
  • Movies

GMAT score: 650 (Q49, V30) AWA: 6 IR: 7
TOEFL: 107

I wish to apply for the classes starting this year. Request you to give your views.
GMAT Club Bot