Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACCA
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 54
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Profile [#permalink]
Kudos
hi

I just upgraded my profile and filled in my details.But i didn't get the 5 kudos:( .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
You know what would be an interesting next step in the analysis:

1. The people who apply to school X also apply to... (maybe as a bargraph, # entries per other school, maybe top 5 for visual control)
2. The people who apply to school X for concentration Y also apply to... (though I'm not sure most school threads will have enough data points to make this one work).

That will help us "crowdsource" what schools people see as similar, and what programs people see as peers. This data should already be in our profiles. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACCA
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
I noticed that for the GMAT club profiles, INSEAD Sept 2012 intake is linked to INSEAD Jan 2012 intake applications. Could this be updated?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Kudos
Fantastic feature, profile updated. I think this will be very helpful to current as well as future applicants. Is it possible to backdate to previous years so that we can see historical data?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
schemer wrote:
I noticed that for the GMAT club profiles, INSEAD Sept 2012 intake is linked to INSEAD Jan 2012 intake applications. Could this be updated?

Thank you. We'll be adding ability to link to multiple threads for different intakes. Right now, it is limited to one link per year.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
explicitus wrote:
Fantastic feature, profile updated. I think this will be very helpful to current as well as future applicants. Is it possible to backdate to previous years so that we can see historical data?

Not sure I fully understood you. Let me know if not. You can pick previous year (2011) if you would like to. However, the data collection started only about a month ago, so most of it is in the 2012 application year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Oh, how do you select a previous year? I suppose it's highly dependent on previous applicants updating their information, which may be unlikely. Anyway, no worries; it'll be interesting to see the results as data comes in.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
explicitus wrote:
Oh, how do you select a previous year? I suppose it's highly dependent on previous applicants updating their information, which may be unlikely. Anyway, no worries; it'll be interesting to see the results as data comes in.

See the image below (when you add a school, you have a choice of years). It defaults to 2012, but 2011 is the last year.
Attachments

2011 year.gif
2011 year.gif [ 13.87 KiB | Viewed 3004 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Kudos
It looks like all statistics (% interviewed, % admitted, etc) are calculated in relation to the # of applicants. But shouldn't the more relevant comparison be # of submitted applicants (which doesn't yet show up in the stats).
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
cunit2k5 wrote:
It looks like all statistics (% interviewed, % admitted, etc) are calculated in relation to the # of applicants. But shouldn't the more relevant comparison be # of submitted applicants (which doesn't yet show up in the stats).

Yes - Fully agree, though most people have not submitted their apps yet (except a few schools that have early deadlines/etc), so this is an "easier" way and assumes that if you said "Applying" then it means you will submit on the deadline or earlier.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.59
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
I cannot update my profile, could you anyone show me how to do it. I do not have those views showed in the images. Why ????
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Kudos
bb,

It looks like the main Kellogg 2012 applicant tracker/summary is are not updating. Could you take a look?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
cunit2k5 wrote:
bb,

It looks like the main Kellogg 2012 applicant tracker/summary is are not updating. Could you take a look?

Sure. Let me check!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
BB,
Thanks for this nice tool!
would it be possible to add "Analytics" in the work experience and Retail/Consumer Banking in domain list? I guess in India one of the best sought job after IB is in this domain & field. Also I am not sure how folks from India/China (International candidates) are transalating their grades to GPA. I graduated from IIT, Bombay & the grading system is relative based on a scale of 1-10, of which I got 7.8. The one way I got while doing googling was based on WES recommendation. Any suggestion on this ? one morething I do not see Maths & Statistics in the area of graduation, would it be possible to add this feture as well.

TIA
~Yogesh
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
yogesh1984 wrote:
BB,
would it be possible to add "Analytics" in the work experience and Retail/Consumer Banking in domain list? I guess in India one of the best sought job after IB is in this domain & field. Also I am not sure how folks from India/China (International candidates) are transalating their grades to GPA. I graduated from IIT, Bombay & the grading system is relative based on a scale of 1-10, of which I got 7.8. The one way I got while doing googling was based on WES recommendation. Any suggestion on this ? one morething I do not see Maths & Statistics in the area of graduation, would it be possible to add this feture as well.

TIA
~Yogesh

Sure - we can add. Give me 24 hrs.
For the Undergrad Major, we do have "Science and Math"
There is a thread (I think for Indian applicants - we'll link to it for GPA conversion. I know it is not easy).
Here is a good discussion: percentage-to-gpa-conversion-42417.html (even if dated)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
bb wrote:
yogesh1984 wrote:
BB,

TIA
~Yogesh

Sure - we can add. Give me 24 hrs.
For the Undergrad Major, we do have "Science and Math"
There is a thread (I think for Indian applicants - we'll link to it for GPA conversion. I know it is not easy).
Here is a good discussion: percentage-to-gpa-conversion-42417.html (even if dated)

Thanks a bunch for responding on this one! you have 24+24 (bonus) hrs to do this, ok 8-) ..
on "maths & science" I did saw that in drop down, but I felt statistics is more about "Art" than about "Science" so thought to page you about this. Anyway there would not be many people out here with such combination as if my information is correct the course I attended at IIT Bombay is quite unique & not many people come to do an MBA after that course...ya I did some searching on GPA conversion but seems more futile effort, however as I think WES conversion table is quite generous in giving all 60-100 bracketed an "A"

Once again thanks for taking time to respond, much appreciated!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Great job, fantastic tool! Thanks so much!

I have a question about the detailed applicant lists at schools.

If I sort the list according to the GMAT or GPA column, does it put the applicants who do not display their GMAT/GPA in order as well?
For example, if there are 2 guys on the list with a 3.1 and 3.3 GPA with someone in between them whose GPA is not displayed, can I assume that that applicant has a GPA between 3.1 and 3.3?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3