Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling HEC Paris MSc Management-Grande Ecole 2012 INTAKE! [#permalink]
jigjagjai wrote:
In fact its more than 2yrs if u check properly because u hav to count the compulsary internships :(
I am not too keen on such a long course to be honest.But this programme and school have a great reputation.So I wouldnt mind at least applying. I have to choose ONLY if I get an admit which in itself would be an achievement for me.

Hey post few things about your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engineer in Biotech from a good private college in Kolkata. GPA 8.33/10
Currently working with family business.did an internship during 3rd yr.
achievements include successfully organizing and conducting training programmes for Mtech students at a pharmaceutical factory.also giving a presentation about the our pharmaceutical company to new recruits during the annual conference.
done a few presentations in college.
decent extra curricular during skool days.not done mch in college.
not taken the GMAT yet...just started studying for it (some tips would be gr8!)

What about yours?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jigjagjai wrote:
achievements include successfully organizing and conducting training programmes for Mtech students at a pharmaceutical factory.also giving a presentation about the our pharmaceutical company to new recruits during the annual conference.

What about yours?

You dont need my tips...there is a whole website for that :-D :-D

Age - 21
Nationality - Indian
Undergrad - Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai University. Graduated with 82% aggregate score - top 1% of class.
Work Experience - 2 internships of 2 months each, at startups.
GMAT - 670 Q48 V35

Others- Ample amount of team work experience.
Core committee member of the organizing committees of 3 different events of my college for 3 successive years.

Many more extra curriculars.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
jigjagjai wrote:

What about yours?

You dont need my tips...there is a whole website for that :-D :-D

Age - 21
Nationality - Indian
Undergrad - Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai University. Graduated with 82% aggregate score - top 1% of class.
Work Experience - 2 internships of 2 months each, at startups.
GMAT - 670 Q48 V35

Others- Ample amount of team work experience.
Core committee member of the organizing committees of 3 different events of my college for 3 successive years.

Many more extra curriculars.

haha.i meant something personal by tips! obv there r a plethora of sites out there.but since u hav given the real thing i m sure there is something u hav 2 say abt it,something we wudnt find on any site ;)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi guys,

What do you guys think of Audencia and Skema business schools which also offer the Grand Ecole Program? How are the career services offices and alumni network in these schools?

Im thinking for applying for the SAI selection procedure, but i have a poor GPA from my UG (6.01/10) :oops: So i guess that automatically disqualifies me from HEC as they have a reputation for admitting only graduates with top grades.

So i guess i'll have better luck applying to Audencia or Skema. What are the average GMAT cut-offs for these schools, and also EmLyon?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
taralcarin wrote:
Hi guys,

What do you guys think of Audencia and Skema business schools which also offer the Grand Ecole Program? How are the career services offices and alumni network in these schools?

Im thinking for applying for the SAI selection procedure, but i have a poor GPA from my UG (6.01/10) :oops: So i guess that automatically disqualifies me from HEC as they have a reputation for admitting only graduates with top grades.

So i guess i'll have better luck applying to Audencia or Skema. What are the average GMAT cut-offs for these schools, and also EmLyon?

EMLyon still has some sort of a reputation...cant say so abt the other schools

But u shud check out ESSEC...it dosent fall under SAI...but its the 2nd best in france definitly.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
jigjagjai wrote:

But u shud check out ESSEC...it dosent fall under SAI...but its the 2nd best in france definitly.

How do you know that these schools dont have any reputation? Have you been there in person, or know form anyone who has been associated with these schools?
I dont mean to sound rude or anything, its just because the FT rankings ranks these schools among the top 20, with close to 95% employability.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
taralcarin wrote:
jigjagjai wrote:

How do you know that these schools dont have any reputation? Have you been there in person, or know form anyone who has been associated with these schools?
I dont mean to sound rude or anything, its just because the FT rankings ranks these schools among the top 20, with close to 95% employability.

I didnt mean that they dont hav ne reputation.All i m saying is that in France, there is a big gap between the top 3 i.e. HEC,ESSEC,ESCP and the rest.Among the others EMLYON is definitly close to the top 3.its all relative wen we are talkin abt how gud a school is.
Also ur obviously talking abt rankings only in terms of of the Masters program.They do not face much of a competition in that respect from american schools.
They may be employing most of their graduates, but wen it comes to a business school, network and brand are equally important.If u do not wish to work outside france they may be a safe bet.It might become slightly risky otherwise.

And yes.I havent been to France or anything :roll: i m in the same boat as you! and i have been researching this issue for more than a month now.So all my knowledge is internet-derived, much like urs i guess :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know how we find out if we're admissible for the interviews? According to the SAI e-mail, the schools will post the list on their websites, but do we have to check them individually or will we get e-mails too? I heard the decisions for interviews are supposed to be announced in early November?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Guys,

Audencia and SKEMA too come under grand ecoles. However,SKEMA is younger. and stil has not received the triple accredition. They are good too.
Now, about reputation... Of course HEC,ESCP,ESSEC are notoriously selective but looking at the french economy- 2nd largest in europe with 35 top notch fortune 500 companies head quarters...3 b-schools just cannot produce enough professionals. And thats when EM Lyon,EDEHC,Audencia,SKEMA,Rouen,ESC Toulouse,Reims comes into picture. They are very good too in terms of their placements and value for money.
We can see the analogy in India. IIMA is the only BSchool to come in international rankings. But this does not mean that IIMB,IIMC,XLRI or IIFT are not good schools. These bschools too have top notch placements. And we are looking at a country with moderate economy with only 7 fortune 500 companies compared to 35 in france.....
And if u look closely at the grand ecole program ie G16 then any bschool that comes in the G6 is a very good school.
I have got feedback from one of my contact who is spending a semester in ESSEC from IIMA. Another guy is doing 1 semester in EDHEC from IIMA. They speak highly of Audencia and SKEMA and EDHEC too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey I applied in the Autumn Session and got an interview call for HEC and ESCP. :) Any tips / info??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
But folks, Do you deem this a good time to apply to Europe especially with Italy on the brink of defaulting??
I would love it if people already there shared their insights on this.

Cheers!
Geetesh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone! I got an interview invite to all 5 SAI schools next week in Hong Kong.

Anyone with tips??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an offer from EDHEC FE track. Any ideas about the programme and the school?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
abhc22 wrote:
I got an offer from EDHEC FE track. Any ideas about the programme and the school?

i'm also very interested in that program, could you please describe your profile so we can understand what do they require.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi alex,
U can find my complete profile at the previous posts. However, for a quickie - BTecjh from india, Still in final year, No work experience, GMAT - 690, AWA-5, TOEFL(iBT)- 112, Microsoft Certified Professional, Lots of Digital Signal Processing certificates, decent extracirriculars like volunteering as a teacher, publicity teams, etc. All through out 'A' in mathematics from junior school.

I got a scholarship from EDHEC (Distinction). But i am still very confused. The school is good - one of the grande ecole and this alone tells a lot about the school. But its still 5th in france. The FE track is verywell publicized but is it truly that good or is it only that its has a very good publicity team... These things we have to consider. I am trying to get in touch with some of the students through facebook. I think u also should try to do it. We can discuss together.
By the way, Whats your profile ? Where are you from?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey abhc22!! I am also applying for the same schools. Let's get connected. PM me your email id.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts