Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD, IMD, Ross, Columbia
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ozzyk wrote:
I have a question and would appreciate a quick answer. Can the 3 letters of recommendation be completed online by my recommenders? Or do they have to print the PDF and write on it?

Sorry the instructions are not to clear on their site. Would really appreciate a response, as my recommenders are incredibly busy people who dont have time to sit and write handwritten notes.

Thanks!!

You may want to ask it here: ask-imd-admissions-116514.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi FOLKS,

It's been pretty silent lately here!
Now it is interviews time!

Any interview already done! any feedback! anybody wanna share his interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
imdgr12,
have you heard from IMD! they should be sending the case study very soon I guess!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Send PM
Not that I'm directly affected (being on the waitlist), but the CHF rate has gone way up + 25-30% within the 6 month. The initially expensive tuition has reached the whooping 81K EUR from 65K EUR or so in just February this year. I wonder how you guys are coping with it.

An interesting idea would be to ask the school if they would offset the rate increase by offering bursaries or direct discounts..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
It is indeed quite worrying for the 49 of us already accepted. If you have any ideas of what we should ask IMD to cope with this CHF rise (1.0499 CHF to 1 euro !), let us know. We are currently doing a brainstorming session on the subject.
My first thought would be to ask for an extended loan (in terms of cash and delay of payment) to let the CHF go down, because it will in the 1 to 3 year time frame. What do you think ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Send PM
IMD2012T wrote:
It is indeed quite worrying for the 49 of us already accepted. If you have any ideas of what we should ask IMD to cope with this CHF rise (1.0499 CHF to 1 euro !), let us know. We are currently doing a brainstorming session on the subject.
My first thought would be to ask for an extended loan (in terms of cash and delay of payment) to let the CHF go down, because it will in the 1 to 3 year time frame. What do you think ?

For one thing, I would not bet my money on Franc going much lower the current rate. With the unfolding EU crisis, particularly Ireland/Greece sovereign debt, I think there is a fair chance that CHF will continue climbing.

I would suggest to play it dumb and simply ask the school how THEY think to ease the burden of the prospective students. If that's a collective inquiry it might work.

BTW, how does the tuition loan work at IMD? Is it granted by an affiliated bank or by the school? Are loans guaranteed for all admits?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys,

the forum seems to be very quite. just to keep you all upto date. I had my interview on 19th Aug. It was a good day and as described by other member of the forum. Now i am just awaiting the response from IMD. If any one has applied in round 3 and got some feedback from interview then please let us know.

cheers,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mahipalg, nice to read that! mine is this Friday!
How many you were!
could you give some more details about:
- the case discussion: I've seen it's 2hrs long with 2 IMD officers and prof, what is the discussion and ambiance like, will the officers be the animators! should we be very preapred for this or just a detailed read through of the case is sufficient to make a good participation...
- the impromptu presentation, I've seen that the pres is not directly after the time they give you to prepare the slides! are we all presenting together maybe!

- Any stat figures communicated (candidates already accepted, nationalities)!

- what's your estimated wait now!

Best best of luck pal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HI IMDier,

First of all good luck, hope you a good session. In relation to my day we were 5, in true IMD style with 5 people from 5 counties, 5 industries, 5 backgrounds and more importantly 5 good calibre individuals.

In relation to your specific question about case discussion, Prof led the discussion no other staff engaged in it. They were just monitoring us. Prof was excellent, a very good listener with sharp questioning skills, exactly what one would expect from an IMD prof. In relation to preparation for case study, I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. I think I over prepared for it, and at times I was jumping from making one point or other. Some would say that’s not a good thing to do in group discussion as one need to build on others point. Not best of my strengths. Other way to look at it is that life gives you all situation at times one knows a lot about the subject other times has no clues, but in both situations one need to be effective. Therefore my advise would be to prepare so much that it gives you confidence to attend the day. (Health warning: beware I have just been for the interview and not yet selected, therefore my advise may not be the best to have)

impromptu presentation: yes you present before all applicants one after another.

In relation to stats, no I didn’t ask any question to related to this nor they mentioned any thing about it.

Official time line is 2 weeks after the interview, but we were told it may be bit earlier than that.

Hope this helps. A number of people in this forum have given a good description of the interview day therefore I will not repeat the content. But my advise would be simple, if possible be yourself they are very helpful bunch and try their best to make the as good as it could be. Also they are not looking for best candidate; they are looking for best fit of candidates. The way I look at it is all 5 of us were good. I would find very difficult to select few between us. But they do this year in year out, therefore I leave this in there capable hands and trust their judgement. If IMD MBA is not for me then I better know it now, then after spending £100k and a year of my life.

Good luck and hope you have a good day.

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys after a thrilling week. Seeing my application being put on hold. At last I have been accepted for IMD class of 2012. I am over the moon now just have to worry about the finances. Well first thing first let's celebrate. Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mahipalg wrote:
Hi guys after a thrilling week. Seeing my application being put on hold. At last I have been accepted for IMD class of 2012. I am over the moon now just have to worry about the finances. Well first thing first let's celebrate. Cheers

Congratulations, mahipalg, and welcome to the team :) Do not forget to join the Facebook group to get acquainted with other folks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi, all! :)

I'm going for the R4 assessment day in Lausanne on 13th of September :-D , anyone here for the same date?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD, IMD, Ross, Columbia
Send PM
I'm going to try get a slot on the 13th for an interview as well. Hopefully see you there vd9.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's super. When did you guys get the invite?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mahipalg,
Congratulations and thank you very much for your explanation.
I passed mine and waiting now for the results!

After how many days of the interview have you heard! was it a call or by mail!
And how many days do they give you after the call to confirm your participation and to pay the 15k CHF.

Best of luck
Intern
Intern
Schools:IMD MBA 2012
Send PM
Hi again

Has anyone that was interviewed last friday (26/8) received any response?

Greetings from Greece :-D !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
ozzyk wrote:
I'm going to try get a slot on the 13th for an interview as well. Hopefully see you there vd9.

wish you luck with getting there on 13th, please let me know once you'll know that for sure :)

haanand1 wrote:
That's super. When did you guys get the invite?

I've been invited on 23rd of August :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts