Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: First Gmat, now GRE? [#permalink]
Cambridge requires quant scores above 90%, and 780 are already in the 85%, as I remember.

Thank you guys! I will finish the MGMAT questions and then take my first preptest. I am more afraid about the verbal part. :-/
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
e1s wrote:
Cambridge requires quant scores above 90%, and 780 are already in the 85%, as I remember.
Thank you guys! I will finish the MGMAT questions and then take my first preptest. I am more afraid about the verbal part. :-/

Watch out for the vocabulary i.e. the sentence equivalence and text completion questions :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
GRE Requirements
All applicants whose previous university training is from countries outside the UK must submit the results of a recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (applicants taking a London University external degree are required to take a GRE test). The Faculty will not normally consider admitting a student whose score registers below the 90th percentile in the quantitative section and below the 50th percentile in the analytical writing section of the test. The Faculty must receive the results of the GRE General Test by the due date for complete applications (see How and When to Apply for Admission).

What does that tell me? They don't care at all about the verbal section? My comment is not too bad, I already got 30 points on my Toefl essays. I know the Gre Essays are definitely more sophisticated, but hey its a good start ;-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One more! Besides the sentence completion book, do you think I should buy any other Manhattan verbal guide?

I am also very opposed to stupidly memorize vocabulary. Did anyone took the approach and learnt mainly roots, pre and suffixes?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
e1s wrote:
One more! Besides the sentence completion book, do you think I should buy any other Manhattan verbal guide?

I've gone through many of the books, and given a choice, i'd purchase just the OG and ALL the Manhattan Guides. If you have already purchased other books such as Kaplan, Princeton, and don't want to spend too much more, then you'll have to select based on which sections you are having trouble in.

Quote:
I am also very opposed to stupidly memorize vocabulary. Did anyone took the approach and learnt mainly roots, pre and suffixes?

Never, ever just stupidly memorize. It never helps. The best approach is to pick up a book/ newspaper/ magazine, go through the word list and note down foreign words, and their context. Check out usages of the word online, and then find the root, pre and suffixes....
Practice using the words you have "memorized" recently while talking to someone or typing out an email.
GMAT Club Bot