Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I am confused with Duke-2 and Duke-3 essay:
Duke-2: How will your background, values, and non-work activities enhance the experience of other Duke MBA students and add value to Fuqua’s diverse culture?

Here I am writing all about my values and non-work activities but not sure how much I should mention about specific fuqua activities, my future desire involvement and fun clubs? Considering we have why Duke? in essay 3
Any thoughts, help or your approach to this essay??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
app2012 wrote:
Duke-2: How will your background, values, and non-work activities enhance the experience of other Duke MBA students and add value to Fuqua’s diverse culture?

Here I am writing all about my values and non-work activities but not sure how much I should mention about specific fuqua activities, my future desire involvement and fun clubs? Considering we have why Duke? in essay 3

Essay 2 should be more focussed on you - your experiences and values. Describe 2-3 of them in short if you can. Devote the last part to how that will connect with Fuqua's culture eg: if you are strong on ethics, show what clubs/classes you might be able to contribute in. Note that this essay is a GIVE to Fuqua essay.

Essay 3 is a take from Fuqua essay. What interests you about the school? Maybe the fact that it is in a university thats big on sports and you'll get a good feel of the overall student experience? Maybe Durham and NC attract you? What kind of classes/professors are you looking for that are at Duke but no where else. stuff like that

There could be a little overlap in 2 and 3, but I would recommend minimizing that. As then it may seem you haven't done enough research to appropriately comment on the school's diversity.

hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
str1der wrote:
app2012 wrote:

Essay 2 should be more focussed on you - your experiences and values. Describe 2-3 of them in short if you can. Devote the last part to how that will connect with Fuqua's culture eg: if you are strong on ethics, show what clubs/classes you might be able to contribute in. Note that this essay is a GIVE to Fuqua essay.

Essay 3 is a take from Fuqua essay. What interests you about the school? Maybe the fact that it is in a university thats big on sports and you'll get a good feel of the overall student experience? Maybe Durham and NC attract you? What kind of classes/professors are you looking for that are at Duke but no where else. stuff like that

There could be a little overlap in 2 and 3, but I would recommend minimizing that. As then it may seem you haven't done enough research to appropriately comment on the school's diversity.

hope this helps.

Thanks! this is helpful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Has anyone here applied for the Duke Minority Workshop? Did you get any sort of confirmation after you submitted the survey?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1172 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Has anyone received any interview calls for EA round ?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
subhashghosh wrote:
Has anyone received any interview calls for EA round ?

All EA interview invitations will go out on October 24th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Send PM
I am planning on submitting my application for R1 deadline on Nov 1. Does anyone know if you have to submit the application a few days early to qualify for the reduced application fee?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Hemantuec wrote:
I am planning on submitting my application for R1 deadline on Nov 1. Does anyone know if you have to submit the application a few days early to qualify for the reduced application fee?

You should be able to receive confirmation on your reduced application fee before you submit your application. When you're working on your app, as soon as you hit save while on the Application Fee Waiver Information page, AdCom will gain access to this information and process the waiver request. You will then get an email from them, confirming the waiver, a few days later.

When you finally submit your app, the reduced fee should show up before you send your payment. Otherwise, you will need to get in touch with AdCom to adjust the fee before paying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am also submitting my application for Round1. While filling the recommendation form I noticed that there is no option for a 'Former Supervisor' in the drop down. I am asking my former team lead (not my manager) to write one of my letter of recommendation. In such a case which option would be best suited. I will ask the Adcom as well, just shooting this question in this forum in case anyone else has already inquired about this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:UNC Kenan Flagler, Tepper, McCombs, Rotman
 Q50  V40
WE 1: IT Consulting
Send PM
Didn't they give you instructions on how to submit the missing documents? If so, it would probably be good to send them a scanned copy of your transcript anyway. I certainly wouldn't risk losing the edge that EA applicants get over R1 folks.

As for me, I got an email from AdCom earlier today, confirming that my application is complete. I'm also already done with my interview... so I guess I'm just going to sit and wait until December 5th for the decision.[/quote][/quote]

Hey, thanks for the response. Btw, I mailed them the scanned copy of my transcripts and degree-certificate. The app now shows complete and I am still good for EA round.. has any Indians, applied in EA round, got any interview-invites yet ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anybody know of student clubs at Fuqua focused on community service? Couldn't find any on their website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
ksk80 wrote:
Does anybody know of student clubs at Fuqua focused on community service? Couldn't find any on their website.

Here is one big club, Net Impact, but there are several other smaller community service groups...

https://www.dukembanetimpact.org/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SalesGuy4MBA wrote:
ksk80 wrote:

Here is one big club, Net Impact, but there are several other smaller community service groups...

https://www.dukembanetimpact.org/

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thinking optimistically, does anybody know the timeline for accepting an offer from Duke (for Round 1)? When should the deposit go in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Send PM
Is there a word limit for the essays? I know the instructions say not more than two pages. My essays are within 2 pages but 1100 words, just seem long. Any thoughts?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Hemantuec wrote:
Is there a word limit for the essays? I know the instructions say not more than two pages. My essays are within 2 pages but 1100 words, just seem long. Any thoughts?

If you followed the guideline of 2 page 1.5 space and 10 pt font, you should be fine. My essays were ~1000 words.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
ksk80 wrote:
Thinking optimistically, does anybody know the timeline for accepting an offer from Duke (for Round 1)? When should the deposit go in?

May 1, 2012

more detail at (When to Apply tab): https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke ... y_daytime/
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts