Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
shorttheworld wrote:
Anyone know when the earliest that interviews started to come out last year were? :) Not sure if anyone has done crazy number crunching for booth yet like they have for CBS haha I know Nov 9 or whenever is the decision date but i assume interviewees will hear by then? or is it on that date that decisions are released

9th Nov is the date when each candidate will know his/ her status. So I guess they'll start sending out decisions before that.. 26th Oct is the date that people are guessing Booth will start releasing emails to candidates..
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
It sucks tht I wasn't able to submit my app.I work for an NGO and I was out in the field with too much work and almost no access to internet. Guess I will have to wait till Jan. :(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
MDF wrote:
^ I was mistaken. It WAS my percentile that changed, not the score. I must have had a case of dyslexia earlier.

And thanks everyone for checking!

My score went from a 77% in quant to a 76% in quant. I took the GMAT in March of this year, so I wouldn't expect a change so soon, but your reasoning makes sense and I bet that is the case.

I called admissions and they instructed me to send an e-mail, which I have done. I'll post back when I get a response, but I bet they will reply back that the percentiles have changed since I took the test.

Anyways, I'm definitely not happy that my percentile dropped! But hey, thank god my overall % stayed the same!

I had the exact same change - quant went to 76% from 77%. I look forward to hearing what response you received.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [0]
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
It sucks tht I wasn't able to submit my app.I work for an NGO and I was out in the field with too much work and almost no access to internet. Guess I will have to wait till Jan. :(

Posted from my mobile device

True. That might be frustrating. From your profile I see that you're applying to Anderson as well so there's still 1 week left if you wanna give a shot..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
arcticwolf12 wrote:
MDF wrote:
^ I was mistaken. It WAS my percentile that changed, not the score. I must have had a case of dyslexia earlier.

And thanks everyone for checking!

My score went from a 77% in quant to a 76% in quant. I took the GMAT in March of this year, so I wouldn't expect a change so soon, but your reasoning makes sense and I bet that is the case.

I called admissions and they instructed me to send an e-mail, which I have done. I'll post back when I get a response, but I bet they will reply back that the percentiles have changed since I took the test.

Anyways, I'm definitely not happy that my percentile dropped! But hey, thank god my overall % stayed the same!

I had the exact same change - quant went to 76% from 77%. I look forward to hearing what response you received.

The trend is for the quant percentiles to go down for the same score and the verbal percentiles to go up as more foreign students take the GMAT. The Economist this week had a pretty good graph showing the growth of foreign test-takers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Has anyone seen their application status change online from submitted to "complete" or anything similar?

All I've received to date is an email saying that Chicago received payment of the application fee, but I'm curious as to whether the status will change prior to the interview decision.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
arcticwolf12 wrote:

Here's the response: "Please understand that the percentage you currently have is what has been verified by GMAC. However, your overall GMAT score remains the same, and we generally consider that score, among other information, in our holistic evaluation process more when evaluating for academic aptitude."

I also found this: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores ... means.aspx

The percentiles definitely have been updated since I took the test earlier this year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dalillama wrote:

The trend is for the quant percentiles to go down for the same score and the verbal percentiles to go up as more foreign students take the GMAT. The Economist this week had a pretty good graph showing the growth of foreign test-takers.

Nah, sadly :( My Q 48 has gone down 2% to 80.. V 40 still remains at 89%.

Since the data is for the last 3 years, I would say that recession has played some part this, driving more and more students to seek business education and improve their skills in order to compete in the shrinking job market..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
gmatpapa wrote:
dalillama wrote:

Nah, sadly :( My Q 48 has gone down 2% to 80.. V 40 still remains at 89%.

Since the data is for the last 3 years, I would say that recession has played some part this, driving more and more students to seek business education and improve their skills in order to compete in the shrinking job market..

You'll see most of these changes at the extremes. 45V was 98% a year ago, and it's 99% percentile now. So some scores' percentiles may not change.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just finished the online chat with some students and adcom people ta Booth. So for R1 applications, we will be receiving interview invites in the next few days! Good luck to all of us!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
Anyone know when the earliest that interviews started to come out last year were? :) Not sure if anyone has done crazy number crunching for booth yet like they have for CBS haha I know Nov 9 or whenever is the decision date but i assume interviewees will hear by then? or is it on that date that decisions are released

interview invites started going out on 10/27 last year (according to GC applicants on the thread), I would assume it would be 10/26 this year in that case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.34
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
BStand wrote:
Has anyone seen their application status change online from submitted to "complete" or anything similar?

All I've received to date is an email saying that Chicago received payment of the application fee, but I'm curious as to whether the status will change prior to the interview decision.

I had the same doubt so called up the admissions office and they said that the app status is 'Awaiting decision'....however it does not reflect on the main status screen...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
happyface wrote:
Just finished the online chat with some students and adcom people ta Booth. So for R1 applications, we will be receiving interview invites in the next few days! Good luck to all of us!

For the current state of patience, days=years haha..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
happyface wrote:

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I submitted fairly early (3 wks ahead of the RD1 date) and I wonder if that means my app will be reviewed sooner than someone who submitted later. I hope so!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
MDF wrote:
happyface wrote:

I submitted fairly early (3 wks ahead of the RD1 date) and I wonder if that means my app will be reviewed sooner than someone who submitted later. I hope so!

from what i was told its not even stacked in a row , theyre all reviewed on equal footing supposedly
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
MDF wrote:
happyface wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think when you submitted the application impacts the timing of its review. I recall that during Booth Live someone specifically mentioned that all the applications are randomly assigned after the stated deadline and timing of review is not connected to timing of submission.

Interview notification timing is probably more related to reviewer capacity than anything else. This is just a hypothetical, but you could be in a stack of apps whose first review is completed by a student who finishes the review in 48 hours, or you could be in the stack of someone who needs 5 days to get through the same # of apps. Multiply this by 2-3x since there is more than 1 review prior to an interview decision and you can see why the actual timing of an interview notification is insignificant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
MDF wrote:

The adcom person said they will start sending out invite in a few days and the invitation process will last to Nov 9. So possible that your application will get reviewed ahead of us (btw, I submitted literally 5 mins before the deadline in a starbucks!)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts