Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:21 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.73
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Queries on GMAT [#permalink]
Hello,

Thanks for the great response!
I'll definitely check the scoring algorithm.

Regards

Please find below my responses to your questions
1. For Analytical writing is there any specific font or letter size that need to be chosen?
Nope. You do not have any option to choose. A text editor will be presented in which you need to type in your responses.
2. Will the option of spell checker and synonym be provided or not?
No, there is no such option. You are expected to provide your response without any spelling errors.
3. Is there any requirement on number of pages the matter should be presented?
An Ideal response will have 350 to 450 words.
4. Is the AWA score separate and QA+Verbal score separate?
Yes. AWA is a separate component in your score and does not get added to your total.
5. Will there be any penalty for wrong answers in QA and verbal section?
Yes. An incorrect response will bring down the difficulty level of your next question.
6. Is there a thumb rule that so many questions need to be answered by so and so time, as I can see myself unable to complete all questions in the specified time.
Yes. There is a time limit in which you are expected to provide responses to a certain number of questions.
Q - 37 questions in 75 minutes. V - 41 questions in 75 minutes.

7. Finally, the new generation GMAT starts from June 2012. So, is there any cut off date that the current mode of Exam will be stopped?
Not sure on this.

I would suggest you to visit manhattangmat site and download "The GMAT Uncovered" guide available in the Free resources section. It will help you familiarize with the scoring algorithm. Also, there are many test prep firms that offer free diagnostic GMAT test on their sites.[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Gourav,

Thanks for the valuable input. I asked the schools where i'll be applying and I was told that the score will be valid for 5yrs.

Anyway, not sure about school's final decision.

Regards

gouravban wrote:
Quote:
7. Finally, the new generation GMAT starts from June 2012. So, is there any cut off date that the current mode of Exam will be stopped?

I asked the same question to GMAC. I received a reply saying that the score you get from the old pattern exam would hold the same validity as the new, however, schools would have the discretion to consider it or not.

Regards,
Gourav.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts