Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:NYU,Columbia,LBS,Wharton,INSEAD
 Q44  V34 GMAT 2: 690  Q45  V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Without going into the specifics, can you tell what is the nature of clarification that the adcom is seeking.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SandeepPM wrote:
Without going into the specifics, can you tell what is the nature of clarification that the adcom is seeking.

The adcom could not see some employment details that were asked in the Application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dreamscomealive wrote:
nowwhat wrote:
Got a mail from my admission coordinator. Almost jumped with joy thinking it was interview invite and then I realised that the adcom couldn't see some info on my app and she just wanted that..The silver lining..I atleast know my app is under review :|

Well.. Hope this makes u feel better.. I got a similar email from my admission coordinator clarifying details 5 days before I got an interview invite from her. So I reckon it's prolly the same in your case.

I hope ur right!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hey everyone! I am currently working on my R2 application. It seems like I am the only candidate from Mainland China... You all have super impressive profile! And sadly, even though ppl are saying this term's post is kinda of slow, this is by far the most active post I find regarding INSEAD application! Therefore I am asking some silly little questions here...

Since INSEAD does not require CV, I wonder how everyone incorporate every bit of your useful information in the profile section of the application pdf? For instance, I have no clue where to put my professional qualification as a CPA. Should I put it under 'Academic background'? 'Activities & Interest'? There are many achievements that are difficult to describe in that tiny 'Activity' box!! :( Did anyone upload his/her CV on the online supporting doc system anyway?

Btw, am I understanding correctly that GMAT and language score reports mailed by GMAC and respective exam offices to INSEAD are not mandatory for application review purpose? Can I only upload scan copies of these score reports on the online supporting doc system, and have the respective exam offices mail the reports once I am admitted by INSEAD?

Thx everyone! Best luck of interview invites for R1 applicants, and hope to hear something from R2 buddies!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
judal wrote:
Hey everyone! I am currently working on my R2 application. It seems like I am the only candidate from Mainland China... You all have super impressive profile! And sadly, even though ppl are saying this term's post is kinda of slow, this is by far the most active post I find regarding INSEAD application! Therefore I am asking some silly little questions here...

Since INSEAD does not require CV, I wonder how everyone incorporate every bit of your useful information in the profile section of the application pdf? For instance, I have no clue where to put my professional qualification as a CPA. Should I put it under 'Academic background'? 'Activities & Interest'? There are many achievements that are difficult to describe in that tiny 'Activity' box!! :( Did anyone upload his/her CV on the online supporting doc system anyway?

Btw, am I understanding correctly that GMAT and language score reports mailed by GMAC and respective exam offices to INSEAD are not mandatory for application review purpose? Can I only upload scan copies of these score reports on the online supporting doc system, and have the respective exam offices mail the reports once I am admitted by INSEAD?

Thx everyone! Best luck of interview invites for R1 applicants, and hope to hear something from R2 buddies!

Hi!

I guess the second best place to mention your qualification is essays. Eg. I had CFA qualification, which I mentioned in my career progression essay, to show how it helped me professionally. Otherwise, you can also put it under academics, but in that case, I believe you will have to send transcripts for that. Alternately, you may also use optional essay for professional qualifications as well as extracurriculars.

Yes, you can upload the scanned copies online, but the link for uploading would be available only after you submit the application.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SandeepPM wrote:
I was going through an old Sep 09 thread in BW (https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=77187)

It seems historically most of the invites go out on the last 2-3 days. And Indians, irrespective of their location, usually fall in this lot. So a wait for another 8-9 days.

The other worrying factor for me at this point of time is the cost. Post S&P US downgrade Indian Rupee has weakened by around 11% meaning a 11% rise in cost for people based out of India. Financing would be surely be a huge issue. :(

If you are looking for a loan from prodigy finance, I believe it would be Euro denominated, and therefore doesnt really matter. I guess taking a loan from Indian banks would not make sense, atleast if the current interest rates are maintained for next year or so.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rajatar wrote:
SandeepPM wrote:
I was going through an old Sep 09 thread in BW (https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=77187)

It seems historically most of the invites go out on the last 2-3 days. And Indians, irrespective of their location, usually fall in this lot. So a wait for another 8-9 days.

The other worrying factor for me at this point of time is the cost. Post S&P US downgrade Indian Rupee has weakened by around 11% meaning a 11% rise in cost for people based out of India. Financing would be surely be a huge issue. :(

If you are looking for a loan from prodigy finance, I believe it would be Euro denominated, and therefore doesnt really matter. I guess taking a loan from Indian banks would not make sense, atleast if the current interest rates are maintained for next year or so.

Ur right...in my case I was also considering SBI loan to atleast partly finance the cost..But of course conversion to euros is ok..but dollars are going to be expensive..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
But EUR INR also has had the same currency movement as USD INR (in fact more adverse). So in my opinion the effect on cost has been the same.

Anyhow, the decision to apply to a prestigious institute like INSEAD cannot be driven by currency movements :)

Any more interview invites on the forum??? I do not see the table in Pg 1 getting updated. Can I request people who have got their invites to update the table so that we get a good picture...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SandeepPM wrote:
But EUR INR also has had the same currency movement as USD INR (in fact more adverse). So in my opinion the effect on cost has been the same.

Anyhow, the decision to apply to a prestigious institute like INSEAD cannot be driven by currency movements :)

Any more interview invites on the forum??? I do not see the table in Pg 1 getting updated. Can I request people who have got their invites to update the table so that we get a good picture...

Well what I meant was that if you take a Euro loan, it does not matter, what the exchange rate is, as you will not have to convert INR to Euro..

No invite for me till now.. keeping fingers crossed..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an e-mail today, and I am being interviewed!
I am from Brazil and my coordinator is IR.

I wish luck to everyone.

Best,
Renato
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
---

Originally posted by brazas on 24 Oct 2011, 05:54.
Last edited by brazas on 17 Jan 2012, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
sarenato wrote:

I wish luck to everyone.

Best,
Renato

So that makes....3 Brazilians so far?? Damn...
I'm from Vietnam. Historically there hasn't been too many Vietnamese at INSEAD, and I hope this trend continues this year as well ^^
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jubinell wrote:
sarenato wrote:

I wish luck to everyone.

Best,
Renato

I'm from Vietnam. Historically there hasn't been too many Vietnamese at INSEAD, and I hope this trend continues this year as well ^^

You should be happy man!! your entire country quota is still vacant. I would have been worried if 3 Indians had received calls. The fact that none of the Indians have received calls till now, makes me rather happy.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I think we should not expect anything before Diwali..I doubt they will find any intreviewer not on vacation till Monday next week..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
nowwhat wrote:
I think we should not expect anything before Diwali..I doubt they will find any intreviewer not on vacation till Monday next week..

I don't think INSEAD is able to manage the schedule of 1000+ alumni interviewers.

First, they send you the email and then they try to match 2 alumni to your profile. You have to check the availability and schedule the meetings yourself.

In my case, I got the invite one week ago and still don't have the contact details of my interviewers.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Yup...after so much waiting, I got my interview invite. My adcom is Jasmine.

Here is my profile again:

Quote:
Vietnamese male, 27, 680 in GMAT(Verbal: 73%, Quant 77%, Writing 91%) >> this is as low as it gets without a retake I think );
Education profile: High schooled in India, bacherlor's degree in Economics and French from a U.S. liberal arts college, half a year exchange in Université de Nantes, and Audencia, France.
Professional profile: one year in an e-learning start-up in the Silicon valley, one year in a top-4 US consulting firm, 2.5 years in a Japanese consulting confirm (my present job).
Post-INSEAD plan: return to Vietnam (finally!) and make some money (maybe hedge fund or private equity?)
Languages: more or less fluent in Vietnamese, English, French, Japanese

Hobbies: Music (classically trained in piano for 12 years, + guitar & harmonica self-learned), movies (umm...I have a collection of over 1000 movies), games (good starcraft:broodwar player -- level C on iccup), recently I got into amateur photography by purchasing the Canon EOS 550D and some lens.

Nice to meet you all.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
rajatar wrote:
jubinell wrote:
sarenato wrote:

I wish luck to everyone.

Best,
Renato

You should be happy man!! your entire country quota is still vacant. I would have been worried if 3 Indians had received calls. The fact that none of the Indians have received calls till now, makes me rather happy.. :)

Well, I am Brazilian. Seems that my chances of being interviewed are not that good at the moment. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts