Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.62
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.27
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 2.7
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Quote:
Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically.

Submitted Date: 10/5/2011 11:42:00 PM EST

Recommendation Providers:
* *: Submitted, 10/11/2011
* *: Submitted, 10/3/2011

Under Review @ 10/26/2011 2:41 PM EST
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Anyone receive interview updates over the last two days?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
nycbiker wrote:

My app went under review on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
nycbiker wrote:

My app went under review on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.

I am also waiting to hear back from Cornell. Application under review since Monday.

Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been under review since 10/13/11...should not be thinking too much about it, but doesn't look too good since they already started interview invites.

Good luck to everyone applying!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
nycbiker wrote:
I have been under review since 10/13/11...should not be thinking too much about it, but doesn't look too good since they already started interview invites.

Good luck to everyone applying!

I think they're sending interview invitations to the superstars (high GMAT/GPA and compelling essays). Applicants with GMAT/GPA at or below the mean will probably have to wait at least another week before they are invited.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Johnson
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: IB-4 years
Send PM
Hi, new to the message board. Just wanted to say I just got an invite to interview. My app went under review on 10/20.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
takingback wrote:
Hi, new to the message board. Just wanted to say I just got an invite to interview. My app went under review on 10/20.

Congrats! What are your stats (GMAT/uGPA/Work Experience) if you don't mind sharing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Johnson
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: IB-4 years
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
takingback wrote:

Congrats! What are your stats (GMAT/uGPA/Work Experience) if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks, 700 GMAT/3.56 GPA/4 years investment banking
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
gjaligama wrote:
2013hopeful wrote:
Actually reads "Currently Under Review"

Did you hear back? or is your status still "under review"

My status just changed to "under review" yesterday. I wonder how long it will take to hear back..

Submitted 10/11
Under Review 10/20

Still "currently under review"....since 9/13.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
My application is under review since 10/25. How long does it take to get the interview invite on an average?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Finally under review...10/28
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
LSEguy wrote:
My application is under review since 10/25. How long does it take to get the interview invite on an average?

thanks!

Only three people have posted about getting invited to interview. All three posters got their invites within a week of their applications going under review. Right now, it seems like the ones, who are getting the invites, are the people who have GMAT and GPA scores that are well above the Johnson mean and wrote compelling essays.

My application went under review on Friday, Oct. 21. I'm hoping to get an invite this coming week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

thanks!

Only three people have posted about getting invited to interview. All three posters got their invites within a week of their applications going under review. Right now, it seems like the ones, who are getting the invites, are the people who have GMAT and GPA scores that are well above the Johnson mean and wrote compelling essays.

My application went under review on Friday, Oct. 21. I'm hoping to get an invite this coming week.

I'm not so sure that it's that structured. Past threads have pointed out that Johnson appeared to be the most disorganized. Morever, GMATClub tends to have a better group of students than in general. I believe that can give some pretty distorted perceptions if you try to generalize from the first few invites.

My real point is: I wouldn't stress about any of this when we have only heard from 2-3 students so far.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
threestripes wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

I'm not so sure that it's that structured. Past threads have pointed out that Johnson appeared to be the most disorganized. Morever, GMATClub tends to have a better group of students than in general. I believe that can give some pretty distorted perceptions if you try to generalize from the first few invites.

My real point is: I wouldn't stress about any of this when we have only heard from 2-3 students so far.

I hope thats right :)

I think I will start getting really nervous if November 9th goes by and I hear a ding from HBS (which I expect), and nothing back from Cornell or Booth. The Cornell admissions team, is by far, the absolute nicest team that I have spoken with. I just hope they start getting some more interview invites out soon. If all schools could be like HBS in terms of notification transparency, it would make planning so much easier. After November 9, I will know if I will be spending December apologizing to recommenders for writing new letters and working up new essays for safety schools. My CEO said to me in response to my NYU/Columbia letters, "good thing I like you very much and truly want to you to get into the school of your choice, otherwise, all these letters are a pain and take over an hour and half each." Oh well.

I will certainly GMATclubebrs know if/when I receive an interview to Cornell. Time to go shovel snow at my parents upstate new york home....its october.....

Good luck all Johnson applicants!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nycbiker wrote:

I hope thats right :)

I think I will start getting really nervous if November 9th goes by and I hear a ding from HBS (which I expect), and nothing back from Cornell or Booth. The Cornell admissions team, is by far, the absolute nicest team that I have spoken with. I just hope they start getting some more interview invites out soon. If all schools could be like HBS in terms of notification transparency, it would make planning so much easier. After November 9, I will know if I will be spending December apologizing to recommenders for writing new letters and working up new essays for safety schools. My CEO said to me in response to my NYU/Columbia letters, "good thing I like you very much and truly want to you to get into the school of your choice, otherwise, all these letters are a pain and take over an hour and half each." Oh well.

I will certainly GMATclubebrs know if/when I receive an interview to Cornell. Time to go shovel snow at my parents upstate new york home....its october.....

Good luck with HBS!

I also thought Cornell's admissions team was exceptionally nice. For the record, I received notice on 10/24 that my app went under review and I figured I would hear back sometime this coming week. I find comfort believing that they are actually living up to their promise to give two comprehensive reviews to each application and thus I just expect a good 7-10 business days at least before getting a response.

At least Cornell gives you an update that they are reviewing your app. Darden just keeps you guessing if / when they are reviewing your application until you get a surprise email sometime between now and mid-December.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
unit157 wrote:
threestripes wrote:
LSEguy wrote:

thanks!

I'm not sure if you were responding to LSEguy's post or mine, but I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't stressing about the process. I just figured that those with exceptional stats would get the invite first since their profiles are the ones that are naturally more appealing to invite just like that. My profile is by no means incredible, which is why I'm fine with not having received an invite yet anyway.

nycbiker wrote:

This is the exact same thing that I did this weekend! And then when I finished and went in to get warm and cozy, the power went out!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts