Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MBA programs english in Japan for international candidates [#permalink]
Hi,
I need one final suggestion before I start applying for NUCB japan.
I've inquired and sent my documents for initial screening. Got a reply from NUCB that I meet their requirement and with my experience (7+) they don't need GMAT score as well as no TOEFL score based on my education work profile.

Now, next step is to send my application to NUCB. Before I send my application I need help from you guys who has prior experience/knowledge about Japanese MBA specially for Nagoya.

Kindly help in giving me some insight about the NUCB japan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
can somebody please reply and share some information
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Bookmarks
I can only speak from working experience. I worked in Japan for 5 years and was probably in the only company that used English as the main working language. Several of my colleagues took a part time MBA in Japan because MBA's are not the normal recruiting path in Japan. Fluent to Business Level Japanese is a basic requirement and understanding of the work culture.

Just a few personal data points -
1) A high % of Japanese in the MBA program i went to and exchanged to were sponsored. (Recruitment of MBA's in Japan is rare)
2) I never met anyone from an MBA program working in Japan who was hired straight out of school (usually transferred there)
3) The 'foreigners' in Japan I worked with who took MBA's inside Japan avoided the local schools and went with McGill, they ended up in finance jobs afterwards, but they already have working knowledge of Japanese culture and very strong Japanese skills as well as many years experience working in Japan.
4) From my 'recruiter' friends who work in Japan, MBA is not highly valued outside of Consulting and Finance and both are mostly domestically focused which means almost fluent level Japanese required.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello, so did you do your MBA from NUCB?
I need information regarding NUCB about the 1 year Global MBA program being relevant for jobs in India?
Can you provide some insight on NUCB global MBA program.
Thannks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM