Thanks for reaching out to me. I just wanted to give you a heads up. It's submission week for R1 this week. If I am a bit delayed in my analysis, I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
Current age :31 ( will turn 32 on 16th oct 2012)
1) Diploma in Computer Studies from an average university. (GPA 3.11/4) Year 2001
2) two years Bachelors in CS from an average University. (GPA: 3.57/5) Year 2003
3) two years MBA from the best business school of Pakistan (GPA: 2.93/4) Year 2005
a) i went onto do my MBA directly after my bachelors degree and as far as comparison to american education standards is concerned I have 16 years of education.
b) Although the GPA in my MBA degree seems low but the thing that has to be kept in mind is that as far as class ranking is concerned i fall in the 60th percentile. Only 10 people out of a batch of 120 scored a GPA of above 3.5.
1) Started off as a credit analyst in the wholesale and investment banking division of MCB Bank ( Top pakistani Bank) and worked on various Energy Sector Transactions. ( Two years in all)
2) Switched to JS Bank ( Startup by a Pakistani Industrial Group) and became part of their initial setup team for the wholesale and investment banking team. Joined as a Manager ( promotion from analyst level ) and was able to successfully enhance the asset base of the division from scratch to PKR 1 Billion and was responsible for two associates. (One year in all)
3) Switched to Allied Bank (Top Pakistani Bank) on a similar level as a Manager in their Wholesale and Investment Banking Division and was subsequently promoted to Assistant Vice President. Was looking after a diversified asset portfolio of PKR 10 Billion with the help of two managers and two associates. ( Four Years in all)
4) Have recent switched to the treasury division of the same bank and currently hold position of FX Prop Trader. ( 6 Months in all)
Schools that i have in mind are Harvard, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, Darden, IMD, Oxford, LBS, Insead.
Post MBA I plan to join the likes of SCB, BNP Paribas, HSBC in the Middle East at a Director Level in their Energy Project Finance Division. In the long Term i will like to get into a position where i can be a key player in energy project finance and can thus leverage my position to ultimately setup energy focused private equity fund specific to middle east and south east asian region.
I am from a unique emerging economy which has a very different set of socio economic and political problems and therefore due to my career exposure i am in a position to contribute a very different angle to any class as far as economy, business processes and politics of this region is concerned.
to be honest i just manage to squeeze in an hour of gym 4 times a week due to my career commitments. Plus i got married as soon i graduated and have two kids.
Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | firstname.lastname@example.org | 877.866.9251
Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog
Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton