I wanted to solicit your advise on a part-time vs full-time decision at Berkeley Haas.
- 28 yrs old, Indian Origin
- Bachelors(3.4/4.0) and Masters(3.5/4.0) Education at top 5 US university
- GMAT: 710
- Live in Bay Area, CA
- Work as an engineer for a big company for about 4 years.
In future, I see myself working in small/mid-level startups with the long-term goal of starting something of my own. If that doesn't happen then a product manager at Apple/Google/.... other bay area companies.
- Apply full-time to Berkeley Haas with an average Indian IT Male profile. Almost a certain ding at MIT Sloan R1 app.
- Apply part-time to Berkeley Haas IF:
- I have a slightly better chance to get accepted
- I can make a career transition during the first year of PT MBA into a small company? or something towards Entrepreneurship
- I will be able to keep paying my mortgage...
- Gain Industry experience for 3 years. vs. no experience during 2YR FT MBA(excluding internship)
So, in a nutshell, can I transition into an entrepreneurial career with my PT MBA at Haas?