Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance/Economics
Schools:Chicago Booth
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Send PM
Re: Part Time MBA Haas/Kellogg/Booth [#permalink]
I see it's been awhile since your original question. Did you submit apps yet?

I'm going part-time, and narrowed my choices down to Haas and Booth. I have an accept from Haas, and am interviewing at Booth in the next week. My reasons for choosing the two were very specific, and probably not applicable to your decision process.

If you haven't applied, but are still looking around, consider the following: What do you want to get out of a PT program? What is your preferred learning style? Are you looking for general management program, or do you want something specific. Do you want to study with a cohort, or have the flexibility to write your own curriculum?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Sailorette wrote:
I see it's been awhile since your original question. Did you submit apps yet?

I'm going part-time, and narrowed my choices down to Haas and Booth. I have an accept from Haas, and am interviewing at Booth in the next week. My reasons for choosing the two were very specific, and probably not applicable to your decision process.

If you haven't applied, but are still looking around, consider the following: What do you want to get out of a PT program? What is your preferred learning style? Are you looking for general management program, or do you want something specific. Do you want to study with a cohort, or have the flexibility to write your own curriculum?

What did you finally pick? I am in the same boat. I live in the DC area and have an admit from Booth and Berkeley and am expecting one from Kellogg as well. I will be moving so that is not a concern. My focus is Tech Mgmt & Finance. Its impossible to decide....quite maddening.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance/Economics
Schools:Chicago Booth
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Send PM
I am halfway done with my MBA at Booth, and couldn't be happier with my choice! The program, professors, and my classmates are all fantastic, as is the network of alumni and overall school community. I've made great friends at Booth, and actually made my desired career switch last month- didn't have to wait until completing the program!
Let me know if you have any Booth-specific questions; I'm happy to try and address them.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sailorette wrote:
I am halfway done with my MBA at Booth, and couldn't be happier with my choice! The program, professors, and my classmates are all fantastic, as is the network of alumni and overall school community. I've made great friends at Booth, and actually made my desired career switch last month- didn't have to wait until completing the program!
Let me know if you have any Booth-specific questions; I'm happy to try and address them.

Thanks Sailorette! Can you tell me why you picked Booth over Haas?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pharaohs80 wrote:
Sailorette wrote:

Thanks Sailorette! Can you tell me why you picked Booth over Haas?

Sailorette, really looking forward to your answer :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Part Time MBA Haas/Kellogg/Booth [#permalink]
Sailorette wrote:

I am in the process of deciding which PT MBA to choose. I have narrowed it down to Booth, Kellogg, and Ross. How difficult was it to make a change in career paths doing PT? What was the change that you made in career? Is travel a concern? Or did you relocate local? I would prefer a cohort style MBA program
GMAT Club Bot
Part Time MBA Haas/Kellogg/Booth [#permalink]