Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

part time mba program at USC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 87

GMAT Tests User
part time mba program at USC [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 16:56
Hello,

Anyone got accepted to USC PM program for fall 2012 with gmat below 600 ? Can everyone share their stats and if you got admitted/dinged?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 111

Kudos [?]: 523 [1] , given: 114

GMAT Tests User
Re: part time mba program at USC [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 18:48
This post received
KUDOS
Ya I'm not sure, but I would have to think there are some GMATclubbers around that got in with below. If there are any out there chime in :) The people above 700 may have been part of the USC full time, but there are definitely people that go to USC.PM with over 700 (including a friend of mine).

As far as the 80% GMAT is concerned, we use this as a range to show you what your GMAT score should look like to have a decent shot of getting in. This is not to say that people above or below this range would not get in, but normally the school only takes 10% below the range and 10% above the range. So if there is a class of 300, there would be approx 30 people that have less than the 80% range and 30 people above (just an estimate). But this doesn't mean that someone below Anderson's 80% range would definitely have no chance to get in, and if you were above it is no guarantee that you would get in. But if you are below you would most likely have to bring something very special somewhere else in your application. Schools are ranked partially on GMAT average, median, etc... so if they let people in with low GMAT or low GPA, they will probably want you to have something special somewhere else.

So I would always encourage someone to apply if they are atleast close to the 80% range, but just realize, it will be more challenging if your GMAT is below the 80% range. It would be recommended that you retake and attempt to get a higher GMAT to improve your chances if you have the time. Anderson's Median GMAT is 690, so I would think that close to half their class will have over a 700+.

It doesn't appear that anyone reporting on GMATclub had below the 80% range at Anderson, but follow the page here: anderson-femba-2012-calling-all-applicants-120316.html if you are interested.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to give my advice. Best of luck to you :) :)

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 111

Kudos [?]: 523 [0], given: 114

GMAT Tests User
Re: part time mba program at USC [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 17:22
the median gmat at USC.PM of the most recent class was a 610. So there are plenty of people that will/were accepted with a GMAT below 600. Here is the class profile http://www.marshall.usc.edu/mbapm/admissions/profile Their 80% range is 540 - 690. See their ranking here: http://www.marshall.usc.edu/mbapm/admissions/profile

I would recommend that you post your question on our forum here: marshall-mba-pm-2012-calling-all-applicants-120325.html

Best of luck to you!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 87

GMAT Tests User
Re: part time mba program at USC [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 18:34
GMATLA wrote:
the median gmat at USC.PM of the most recent class was a 610. So there are plenty of people that will/were accepted with a GMAT below 600. Here is the class profile http://www.marshall.usc.edu/mbapm/admissions/profile Their 80% range is 540 - 690. See their ranking here: http://www.marshall.usc.edu/mbapm/admissions/profile

I would recommend that you post your question on our forum here: marshall-mba-pm-2012-calling-all-applicants-120325.html

Best of luck to you!

I saw the marshall website but wanted to know if people from the gmatclub got dinged/accepted with less than 600 gmat. The link for MBA PM which you gave marshall-mba-pm-2012-calling-all-applicants-120325.html that you gave has applicants mostly with gmat more than 600 too and some in 700's too. Not sure if they are part time or fulltime students too . Some of them even have gmat scores in 700+ ranges because usually with people in 700 range apply for fulltime. Its not clear from that thread so I decided to start a seperate thread.

Also, i know I am not in the UCLA 80% gmat range 640 - 750 or 770 (something like that) but is there a possibility that they accept students who are below 80% gmat range for FEMBA program ? Is there a possibility or its next to impossible ?
Re: part time mba program at USC   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2012, 18:34