Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 01:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Part time programs....do I stand a chance?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Part time programs....do I stand a chance? [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 10:38
I am a 28 year old Indian female with the following profile. I would like some insight as to my chance for a part time program in Booth, Ross and Kellogg....

GMAT - 670 V35, Q 47, AWA 5.5 overall 85th percentile
Undergrad GPA-3.9
Grad GPA (M.S in Engineering) - 4.0
Work Experience: 5 years

Certifications: PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Communication
Awards: Close to 10 distinguished awards for excellence from the company I am working at...got a personal letter of appreciation from the CIO of my company (~6000 associates)

Extra-curricular: PM Mentor at the local chapter, Volunteer for a commission at the office of the Mayor

Promotions: None...stuck in the same role due to immigration application! But within my role have been promoted 2 levels in 5 years...need to wait one more year to hit the top level in my role.

Leadership activities in my role: day-in-day out dealing with people!

Current Industry: IT

My research: I started my research for my master degree and have published 5 papers so far. My goal is to take that research to the next level. I have found a new way to achieve a goal in my research and am working on a patent application. I am also planning to start a company to market my idea and fund my research.

Why MBA? I don't have any experience putting together a business and closing deals...now that I have reached this far, I need an MBA to take me through this dream

Why now? I have been busy figuring out more about my research and just now attained a stage where I can concentrate on the business perspective.

I am not planning to apply until Summer 2011...by then I can shore up more 'Women in Leadership' type of opportunities...

Does my application stand a chance for part-time programs in Booth, Ross and Kellogg?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 343 [0], given: 64

Re: Part time programs....do I stand a chance? [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2010, 15:16
Expert's post
topmbaaspirant wrote:
I am a 28 year old Indian female with the following profile. I would like some insight as to my chance for a part time program in Booth, Ross and Kellogg....

GMAT - 670 V35, Q 47, AWA 5.5 overall 85th percentile
Undergrad GPA-3.9
Grad GPA (M.S in Engineering) - 4.0
Work Experience: 5 years

Certifications: PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Business Communication
Awards: Close to 10 distinguished awards for excellence from the company I am working at...got a personal letter of appreciation from the CIO of my company (~6000 associates)

Extra-curricular: PM Mentor at the local chapter, Volunteer for a commission at the office of the Mayor

Promotions: None...stuck in the same role due to immigration application! But within my role have been promoted 2 levels in 5 years...need to wait one more year to hit the top level in my role.

Leadership activities in my role: day-in-day out dealing with people!

Current Industry: IT

My research: I started my research for my master degree and have published 5 papers so far. My goal is to take that research to the next level. I have found a new way to achieve a goal in my research and am working on a patent application. I am also planning to start a company to market my idea and fund my research.

Why MBA? I don't have any experience putting together a business and closing deals...now that I have reached this far, I need an MBA to take me through this dream

Why now? I have been busy figuring out more about my research and just now attained a stage where I can concentrate on the business perspective.

I am not planning to apply until Summer 2011...by then I can shore up more 'Women in Leadership' type of opportunities...

Does my application stand a chance for part-time programs in Booth, Ross and Kellogg?

Yes. You have a competitive profile for the PT programs at these schools.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog