Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 12:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pathetic

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pathetic [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2006, 08:50
I got a pathetic 600 yesterday in my GMAT. My scores are 600 (Q46, V28), 70 percentile. This was my first attempt. I am furious with myself. I spent close to 3 months on this stupid sh**. I cannot beleive my verbal scores and my math scores.

Test Centre: SJC
Pathetic Center. I reached 30 minutes early, when I found out that the entire crowd--scheduled to take GMAT that day-- was waiting outside. .
the lady came outside and told us that the computer is down and they are working on fixing it..I felt "What the ?".. I laughed it out..

AWA: Was easy as squishing a mosquitoe.

AFter AWA when I checked out, the lady told me that I have 10 minutes...I was like "Are you sure?"..and she nodded. I came back within 5 minutes and 45 seconds and wanted to get in..when I started my Qunat..the computer said I am late by 1 minute and it will be detected from total time...bummer!..I kept telling myself not to get distracted and started Quant..

I kept telling myself read the question properly, read the question properly...and finished the section well in advance...

VERBAL:

First got 3 three SCs in a row. I thought I was doing pretty good with SC, CR and reading comprehension.....when one science passage landed on my lap about some crappy fossils and stuff....it was alright....I kept going.....honestly, towards the end of the session and I finished Verbal 8 minutes ahead of time....I kept smiling and going at it....after the test...I found out that I got a pathetic 28.

I could have used extra time to slow down, read the stem properly....During practice, I always eliminated 3 options and had difficulty with the last two...Very often, I picked the wrong option....I
worked on this crap..but fell for it again......I didn't tell myself read question 1 properly ,read question 2 properly...I just kept going...and it led me to a shit hole...score....

of course, I want to retake. I want to crush that stupid SC, CR and RC.

I can't believe these are my scores.....I am ashamed of it..

sorry for rambling...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2006, 21:03
600 is not a bad score, don't feel disappointed. You now know where your weakness is. (With verbal if lots of guessing is involved you know that you still have room to improve.) Plan well, and prepare for another shot. You can do it.

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2006, 22:20
Hey Avis,

Don't feel bad dude! 600 is not at all a bad score, you can do it again.
Take a break & go for the kill again. We all are here with you :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2006, 10:24
Gracias! Amigo's for those kind words...

I just have to read the question properly........in an practice session on the test day morning , I picked 20 random questions from 1000 questions and did a session for 1 hour. I had 95% in CR and 80% in SC...I knew I was prepared well for this exam....but of course underestimated the "real thing"....and was disappointed....sorry about the rambling in my posting....I am much more level headed now..

Things learnt during the exam:-

a) San Jose examiners are clueless about break timings, if they say the break is ten minutes...BEAWARE!
b) I watched a yelling match between the adminstrator and a guy who was there to give exam. Apparently, he was not a citizen, and the adminstrator required him to show passport....unfortunately, his house was quite a distance..and he had to forfit $250.....
c) SJ center has a great set of head phones...you can use during your exam...this is fantastic, because it keeps your concentration high...(although, I really shouldn't be making these type of claims after my score...but hi, everything is relative)..
d) You are allowed to wear your Jacket inside the exam hall
e) There is no need to sneak in Power bars, they have nice locker rooms and you can store your snacks in it....also the restroom is convniently located so no worries about attending nature's call...

I will give it a couple of days, and hone my Reading compre, SC, RC sections...

Good Luck, God Bless
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2006, 19:34
46 is an excellent math score. Coupled with my 40 verbal, I'd be set in the 700's!
  [#permalink] 06 Mar 2006, 19:34