Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 08:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Paul, how would you approach my situation.....Thanks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Paul, how would you approach my situation.....Thanks [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 19:57
Hi Paul,

I would be very grateful for your help.

I am a Medical Doctor (Psychiatrist) in the UK. I have got excellent leadership and teamworking experience, I can prove that I am not running away from medicine and have clear aims as to why I need an MBA, and I have got a list of great achievements (e.g. published work in top class medical journals and in the Financial Times). Also I will get great recommendations.

I took that GMAT two weeks ago and scored 620 on it (Verbal: 80 percentile. Maths 58 percentile). I wanted to meet the London Business School deadline on Feb 23rd (3rd round).

What would you recommend: Appply to LBS for the 3rd round deadline with my current GMAT score. I could put in the application form that I would be happy to retake the exam if reqiured. Or resit the GMAT and apply for round 4 deadline (End of April). I worried that there may be only very limited places left by round 4.

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Paul, how would you approach my situation.....Thanks [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2007, 15:12
GMAT? wrote:
Hi Paul,

I would be very grateful for your help.

I am a Medical Doctor (Psychiatrist) in the UK. I have got excellent leadership and teamworking experience, I can prove that I am not running away from medicine and have clear aims as to why I need an MBA, and I have got a list of great achievements (e.g. published work in top class medical journals and in the Financial Times). Also I will get great recommendations.

I took that GMAT two weeks ago and scored 620 on it (Verbal: 80 percentile. Maths 58 percentile). I wanted to meet the London Business School deadline on Feb 23rd (3rd round).

What would you recommend: Appply to LBS for the 3rd round deadline with my current GMAT score. I could put in the application form that I would be happy to retake the exam if reqiured. Or resit the GMAT and apply for round 4 deadline (End of April). I worried that there may be only very limited places left by round 4.

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

GMAT?

I think your odds are not good with a 620 even with your strong and unusual career profile. So I would recommend retaking the GMAT and applying 4th round or next fall 1st round. If you apply 4th round the odds will be against you since most of the school's slots will be filled, so you'll need a really strong score to wow them.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2007, 02:56
Why not try Imperial, with a 620 it is in the range, also Cranfield might be a possibility.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2007, 13:07
lfox2 wrote:
Why not try Imperial, with a 620 it is in the range, also Cranfield might be a possibility.

I agree.

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2007, 05:20
I would say that LBS keeps some places to R4, at least that is what was told by one of the adcoms at an information session.
He said that they have that round because they still admitt people by then. I understood it as a larger amount of vacancies the the usual US university last round, but you can't ever be sure of that. I believe you should apply, furthermore because LBS is keen on reaplicants, so if you really can't get in 2007, try again 2008. But if you really are going to try it this year have a really good application, make a lower gmat (if you can't improve it by R4) your major weakness.
It's just my opinion, but it is interpreted partially from what I've heard directly from an adcom.
Good luck with the new gmat and the application.