Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 21:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

paul need a evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

paul need a evaluation [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2006, 08:48
hey paul,
first of all thank you for the wonderful book on application essays. Am using it like a bible :)

My profile:
Nationality: Indian
Degree: B.E (Information systems engineer) Distinction 70%
Gmat: 720 96%
(V 42/96%)
(Q 48/86%)
Toefl: 277

work exp:
1. During graduation worked as a intern in a Manufacturing unit.
a)Started as a Assistant Quality Assurance engineer.

b)within a year was promoted to the export department. worked in customer care related jobs.

c) was incharge of the units first international exhibition to Hanover which resulted in 30% increase in sales.

( Due to the small size of the of the unit was able to handle a variety of responsibilities which otherwise may not have been given to a intern)

2. Due to my growing interest in the export business then moved on to do an internship in a pure export firm. this again was a small capital unit. worked as a intern in market analyses.

3.a) After graduation am again working in a export firm which is a middle capital firm.
was appointed as a business analyst for the new agro product department.
provided additional sales of about 10% within a year.

b) was appointed as part of a 4 member team for market analysis of a new strategic centre in South India

c) Now am incharge of the agro product department of the new centre in south india.

Extracurriculars in the last five years:
a) during the first internship i observed that the labour was mostly unorganized and due to this the management was facing a lot of labour problems. formed a team along with the H.R department and we facilitated regular labour- management meetings and provided a open platform for the discussion of issues of both the parties.

this resulted in this reduced labour absenteesim to about 90% and increased productivity by 30%.
Also resulted in formation of co-operative bank for the labourers.

Duration: 2001- 2003

B) Single handedly started " Better employment opportunity Program" for the local State Recognized blind school.

The employment of these children were restricted to Accupressure therepists and music teachers.

i trained them for the enterance exam of Diploma courses. this helps them matriculate in computer science and also obtain secretarial jobs.

Duration: 2003 - til date.

c) worked as a Ranger In the Scouts and guides program.
Helped increase the district membership from 50 to 300. Our district now has the maximum membership in the country

Duration: 2004 - til date

Short and long term goals:
would like to specialize in general management. my short term goal would be to work as a management consultant. my long term goal is starting a export house show casing the Indian agro products and providing a face to quality non branded products.

why Now?
My internships and full time work experiance have given me a chance to explore various aspects of the export business. although my technical education has trained me to be analytical due to which i was able to adapt to this field with ease i require a formal education in the various aspects of business especially finance to fulfil my long term aspirations.
Also i am an Indian Female who strongly believes in striking the right balance between my professional and personal life and an MBA now instead of waiting for a few more years makes sense to me.

Dear Paul,
I'd like you to review my profile and let me know what you think are the loop holes.

1. Also am not satisfied about how i am linking my short term and long term goals. do you think they make sense?. could you suggest a better way to link them?

2. for the "why this school question" what are the best methods to research the school other than their web site?

3. after reviewing my application which schools do you think i have a good chance of getting into?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 48

[#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2006, 13:07
Expert's post
I think you want Paul Bodine. Wrong forum. :-D

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews