Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 17:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pearson nightmare...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Pearson nightmare... [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 16:16
Yes thats how I can describe my Pearson experience.

I was scheduled to take the test today at 9:00 AM. I showed up promptly at 8:15AM. I was the second person. They would not let me enter the center before half houe. So I waited for 15 mins. I entered the center at 8:30. A few more people trickled in and within 10 mins there were 12 of us. They asked us to take numbers and wait. We waited and waited and waited. After 20 mins they told the system is down and they cannot check us in. The lady who was checking us in was the most incompetent person I have ever met. She did not try to do anything. She just called the Pearson support and waited for 15 mins. By apporx. 9:30 the support people answered the phone and told the famous microsoft word ..."reboot". So she did and then started checking us in.

That was not the nightmare...the nightmare was when my turn came to be checked in, my date of birth did not match with what she had on file and she would not let me take the test. Just one digit of my date of birth was wrong and even she was convinced that the person who took my info typed it wrong. But she would not let me take the test and literally chased me out of the center without even telling me what to do. I understand she has to go by the books...but can't she tell me now what. I had a valid point - if date of birth is so important why would they not include it in the confirmation letter. The confirmation letter has only the name and date of exam. Anyway, I am still on the phone with the Peason Vue people (since morning) to get this sorted out. To make things worse they transfer me to this call center in India where they have no clue how to resolve this.

Net, Net, I have still not taken the test. Pearson people are the most incompetent people I have met in my life...EVER....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 16:59
I feel sorry for your experience. I can understand the frustration when you are being bounced around like a number and this does not bode well for a Pearson in its new undertakings.

Best Regards,

Paul

VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 17:34
subbu,

Defenitely not a situation to be in on an exam day. I can unserstand how irked you could be since I went through a similar situation at a visa consulate.

Anyways be positive, focused and once you have your issue sorted out, go back and settle the "score" with Pearson VUE.

-Good luck!

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 18:52
Hey subbu, hope something good comes out of this. However it was indeed a terrible experience. I feel sorry for you.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 19:42
Crap :barbarian

I guess its good idea to take appointment online(mba.com). The person on phone never take things as seriously as you would think.

By the way, are you getting refund???

As you are prepared, any appropriate next date available should be fine.

All the best. Its bad that you have to carry this anxiety for next few days.

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2006, 22:13
Yups even i faced that for my second appoitnment, the person on the phone was taking it too lightly and not taking down the details properly..
Seems like i too need to confirm the DOB or might face a similar situation..

Dony worry buddy..Relax, things would work out
  [#permalink] 06 Jan 2006, 22:13