Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 12:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pearson Test Taking Centers

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Pearson Test Taking Centers [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 13:57
I just checked out my test site in San Jose, California. I must say, the front desk lady was SO NICE! She was so helpful, giving me lots of tips, telling me everything I need to know, and showing me the notepad and pen that I'll be using and ways to save time if I need to change pens or pad (which is anything I want she said). I was just surprised by the amazing service they offer! No wonder they charge $250 per test, it's definitely worth it for the service!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:54
My experience when I was in the test was terrible not cause of the employees though. It was a basic cubicle farm much like an office. Its not like you go into isolation booths or anything. You get headphones and ear plugs if you want them but still I had this guy a few cubes from me who was belching...I kid you not the guy sounded like a guy who had 10 beers in 10 minutes, he let out the nastiest burps every 5 minutes. Then the kid immediately next to me had tourettes or something he kept moving in all sorts of wierd and very distracting ways.

Pearsons does a lot more than the GMAT. Come to find out the belching guy was at some continuing ed thing watching videos and the woman said he is there every week and does the same thing and they all hate him...when he is there they always try to get out of having the be the one monitoring the room. Then the spazz next to me was taking a civil service test or something. They do tons of tests there and she said the GMAT people are always the most focused and best behaved. I guess lots of other people aren't taking $250 tests with great importance so they act like idiots.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:57
riverripper wrote:
My experience when I was in the test was terrible .

Mine was similar. I went in a week earlier to check out the place. They wouldn't answer any questions and would not allow me beyond the front desk. I could only see what the lockers looked like.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2007, 00:20
Wow, I hope I don't get "belching guy"! :shock:

She wouldn't let me see the rooms, but she did take the time to explain what it looks like inside. She answered every single one of my questions, and actually provided 3-5 more tips (like if you need to smoke outside, bring your cell phone because sometimes the door can lock you out, or make sure you sleep well the night before, things like that).

Maybe the test centers are all different, and maybe I just had a very nice lady today. I hope the other lady (she said she won't be doing my shift on my test day, bummers) is as nice!
  [#permalink] 27 Jul 2007, 00:20