Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pearson VUE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Pearson VUE [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2005, 08:24
I've been coming to GMAT club for a better of a month now and finally decided to post something.

First, just want to say thank you to all the people who have made this website such a great place for people taking the GMAT and applying to business schools. Many of the discussions I've checked out have been very insightful and helpful. More than anything, the info I've gleaned has given me enough confidence to shoot for 750. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!

A little about myself...I'm definitely a non-traditional student in terms of age, background, and goals. I'm 34 and have been living and working in South Korea for nearly 10 years now. I'm not Korean, but I am pretty fluent in the language. My wife is Korean, which makes my son half-Korean and half the mutt I am...actually, he's more of a mutt than me, come to think of it. I've done all kinds of work here, from teaching at universities to editing and translating. I have a BA in Biology from a top-five liberal arts college in the States and an MA in Korean Studies from one of the top universities here in Korea. Anyway, I'm going for a JD/MBA. I must be crazy to take on another four years of graduate school.

Well, D-Day is just around the corner, two weeks from today. I signed up for the free GMAT test sponsored by Pearson VUE a few weeks back and checked out the testing center today in Seoul. They wouldn't even let me in the waiting room of the testing center, so I talked with one of the receptionists outside. I wanted to know what the testing room looked like and so forth, but she said she couldn't tell me anything. I couldn't get much out of her. I did find out that I won't be using pencils during the test day. I guess they'll give a pen of some sort with a board. A marker and whiteboard? I don't know. I had to pay money in advance through my VISA, but I was told that I will get a full refund after I finish a survey. I guess they are doing this limited free test this summer and then, if everything goes smoothly, Pearson VUE will be running the GMAT full-time from January 2006. I don't mind being a guinea pig, as long as the test is the same and I can send my scores to schools for free. Hell, you can't beat saving $250.

I've heard that the CAT will remain the same. But, I do plan on writing about my experience with Pearson after taking the test, so stay tuned.

Well, good luck to all.

AJR47
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2005, 02:36
I have also registered in free test. Hope to learn more from you after you take the test. Good luck to you. Judging from your writing, I think you are skillful in English and should get a good mark.
  [#permalink] 19 Jul 2005, 02:36