Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pearson Vue -> Advices & Information

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck'08
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Pearson Vue -> Advices & Information [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 00:10
Hi Guys,

I am gonna take the exam for the 3rd time. One time below 600, another time low 600 so this time I would like to reach 650 at least. Date of exam is early october.
However, now the rules have changed :roll: I am wondering if there is anything really new from the Pearson Vue test compared with the old ETS test. Except the erasable tablet (I have difficulties to understand the way it works), is there any other big changes ?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Pearson Vue -> Advices & Information [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 04:59
Antmavel wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am gonna take the exam for the 3rd time. One time below 600, another time low 600 so this time I would like to reach 650 at least. Date of exam is early october.
However, now the rules have changed :roll: I am wondering if there is anything really new from the Pearson Vue test compared with the old ETS test. Except the erasable tablet (I have difficulties to understand the way it works), is there any other big changes ?

Thanks

what is this "erasable tablet"..please tell....i am taking the exam in november and have no idea about the changes.can someone please throw some light.
the Pearson VUE test begins in 2006. so now we will face the old system...right?
have the exam creaters also changed or just the GUI for the test and scoring services?

------------------------------

only if i could choose....

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 07:02
depending on the test center, u can take the Pearson Vue GMAT or the ETS GMAT , contentwise there is not change, the only difference may be the GUI to a certain extent, and the erasable board instead of the usual scratch paper. ETS will not deliver the exam after 1/1/06. There are some test centers who deliver both PEarson and ETS, u can visit mba.org for a list of those.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2005, 07:49
i am taking the test in HK, it seems it is a Pearson center so I assume I will have to learn how to use that tablet :-D Somebdoy has experienced it ? I don't understand what it is concretely...
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2005, 01:06
kayser`soze wrote:
depending on the test center, u can take the Pearson Vue GMAT or the ETS GMAT , contentwise there is not change, the only difference may be the GUI to a certain extent, and the erasable board instead of the usual scratch paper. ETS will not deliver the exam after 1/1/06. There are some test centers who deliver both PEarson and ETS, u can visit mba.org for a list of those.

kayser,
But I think Pearson VUE will start from Jan. 1, 2006. I just checked mba.com again, here....

http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Regi ... andACT.htm

Do some centers offer this from now itself?

Antmavel,
When did you register? When you registered, did the website mention that it will be Pearson VUE test?
Please share the information, it will be useful for all of us.

Best Regards,
Vivek
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2005, 01:26
My bad, I misread some information.
I've scheduled my test for next thursday in Hong Kong.
I was sure I got this inormation but actually I can not find it back so I assumed I misread something. Sorry :cry: :?
  [#permalink] 29 Sep 2005, 01:26